Use of gift cards

I’m going to get gift cards before our trip because the local grocery store has fuel perks on them.

Okay, where can or cannot I use them? can I use them anywhere that normally would scan for a snack (we don’t have dining this time) but if I get a dole whip in Magic Kingdom, can I use the gift card? and at counter service restaurants?

we may get a scooter for the day at Epcot - it’s alot of walking there and I want to make sure DH and I truly enjoy it. That’s the only park we seem to have problems with. Can I use the gift card to pay for the scooter rental at the park?

[QUOTE=sue299;1125483]I’m going to get gift cards before our trip because the local grocery store has fuel perks on them.

Okay, where can or cannot I use them? can I use them anywhere that normally would scan for a snack (we don’t have dining this time) but if I get a dole whip in Magic Kingdom, can I use the gift card? and at counter service restaurants?

we may get a scooter for the day at Epcot - it’s alot of walking there and I want to make sure DH and I truly enjoy it. That’s the only park we seem to have problems with. Can I use the gift card to pay for the scooter rental at the park?[/QUOTE]

…this is from the Disney website…it looks like its good everywhere in the parks and resorts…if we can swipe our resort card everywhere,I’m sure you can do the same with the gift cards…

Disney Gift Card | Home Page

I use them like cash in Walt Disney World. They are good at any Disney operated and owned location. The only places that have some trouble are some of the food carts that are randomly around the parks.

We did gift cards in September, we used them to buy park tix and at Cape May for breakfast. I am PAYING for our ENTIRE trip in August through gift cards (I pick up a few every time I go to grocery store). Fuel Points same as you. We started by just buying them saying we KNOW we will use them and they save a little on fuel. My drives a yulon XL…her last 3 fill ups have all been under $2.00 and so will this next one.

We use Disney Visa Rewards cards which work the same way as Gift Cards, except DVR’s expire and GC don’t. We’ve been able to use them everywhere Disney owned and operated, even at the outlet mall offsite. As Dana mentioned some of the carts may not accept them but alot do, especially at Epcot since they were set up to “swipe” during F&W fests.

Be sure to ask the CM at the register each time you use your card to tell you what the balance is (not all registers will print out a balance on your receipt). We’ve had a couple of times when we thought the balance was a bit higher than it actually was, and we needed to supplement with cash for the purchase.