Using magical express for a very late flight arrival

OK…so last year, we took an outbound flight from JFK around 8 PM and with all our delays on the runway, we didn’t get to MCO until after midnight. Although we always use magical express, I was unsure if my luggage would make it to us since it was so late at night, so we grabbed all of it and brought it onboard the bus with us. Mind you, checking into a hotel at 130 AM with a sleeping toddler (who we rented a stroller for, so we didn’t have one with us at arrival and had to carry her) and me being 8 months pregnant along with all our luggage was NOT fun.

So, this year, it ends up we are scheduled to arrive MCO around 11 PM and fall into a similar timing of check in. The difference is now we’ll have a sleeping 4 year old AND a sleeping 10 month old in arms (although thanks to price increase in stroller rental, we will be bringing our own stroller this time). I am worried that our luggage may not make it to our room with us that night and we will be stuck with nothing in the morning. I know, it probably sounds paranoid. I never have any issues with ME when we are arriving at a reasonable time, but I have some reservations about the late night transfer. Obviously, I would pack all our immediate necessities in our carry on and I already planned on putting the kids in PJ’s before the flight. So, my question is to ME or not to ME? Anybody have experience coming in this late?

We landed after 11:00 this past summer and it all went well. Check in was quick since there was no one in line and we were lead out to a bus and rolled away shortly after that. We had a couple of other stops before being dropped off at WL but I thought it went very well and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Why don’t you put your essentials in a carryon bag, that way if you don’t get your luggage until morning, you’ll be fine?

I missed that part of the original post. We always pack a carry on with everything we’ll need for one night and at least one day that way our trip won’t be impacted if something happens to our luggage. I also mix up our bags so we all have a bit of everything in each bag so no one is left with nothing while everyone else has clothes.

When we flew in late we had a message on our phone the next morning that our bags we down stairs waiting for us to call to have them brought up. I don’t remember if I asked for that, I don’t think I did so it must be standard.

I would defiately do ME, but like you said, sice the kids will already be in Pj’s and asleep, just have all you will need to get yourself up and running for that night in a carry on. If they will hold your bags overnight and get them to you ASAP in the am, go for it! Get in, sleep and wake rested!

You won’t want to get your luggage and worry about all of the hassle that surrounds it, the kids can be wakend, especially to a point where getting them back to sleep could be a bigger hassle than the bags ever were!

I would let ME worry about the bags since you’ll have enough to worry about with the kids and the late time. Like DT said, I would pack clothes for that night and the next morning in your carry on - just in case.

My brother had a late arrival once; he landed at 12:35am, and didn’t have any problems loading himself on the bus at that time. He opted to get his own suitcase but so long as you have a small carry-on with essentials and maybe a change of clothes for each then you should be fine to wait until the next morning for your luggage to be delivered. I don’t know if you have the option to ask bell services to deliver your bags to you even if it’s 4:00am because I would think they would want to wait until a more reasonable time to make those sorts of deliveries.

Get your luggage and bring it with you on the bus. It can take up to 3 hours to get your luggage. If you ask them to hold it for you till the morning, you will then have to wake-up, get luggage, up pack and add another hour or more to your morning instead of hitting the parks. I’d rather wait the 15minutes to get the luggage and bring it on the bus.

I’d pack carryon to get us through the night and out the door in the morning. Let ME deliver the bags the next day and finalize unpacking when you’re back in the room for a rest or at the end of the next day.

That’s what we did and it worked well. The bags will get there by morning and you can unpack as you have time later in the day. If you pack a change of clothes for everyone you won’t even need those bags to get out the door in the morning but you can call and have them brought up then deal with them later.

I’d check out Quicksilver even for just one way for the check in. They are good people and sponsors of MB! Not really that expensive.

It’s REALLY nice to have someone waiting for you who will help get your bags and you quickly to the hotel, ESPECIALLY after a long day.

I have “always” waited for our luggage and brought them on the bus ourselves.
It was only 2times that we used ME but I can’t be w/o my bags and trust when they would arrive to our room.

I dont think they will deliver your bags to your room in the middle of the nite, they just hold them until morning and you get message and they bring them up to your room (from what I understand).

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;868057]I missed that part of the original post. We always pack a carry on with everything we’ll need for one night and at least one day that way our trip won’t be impacted if something happens to our luggage. I also mix up our bags so we all have a bit of everything in each bag so no one is left with nothing while everyone else has clothes.

When we flew in late we had a message on our phone the next morning that our bags we down stairs waiting for us to call to have them brought up. I don’t remember if I asked for that, I don’t think I did so it must be standard.[/QUOTE]

I do the same, even for business travel. I pack enough for 1 day, if luggage gets lost.