Using Resort Gyms- help needed please

My DH is a keen gym user and whilst at WDW he usually just swaps his programme for swimming and power walking as we have never been quite sure how we would go about using other resorts gym facilities (staying at POR).
I wonder if any other MB’ers have used resort gyms, and if so could they tell us which resorts have these facilities and how one goes about booking/using them please, oh and also the cost involved?

I have used the gym at SSR, WL, and Boardwalk. Of those three SSR had the best one. “Sturdy Branches,” which is at the Wilderness Lodge, is kinda small but it’s also quiet & I never saw it that busy. SSR had almost a full line of “Life Fitness” resistance machines, medicine balls, gym mats, balance balls, at least 6 treadmills & at least 6 ellipticals. The ‘locker room’ facilities were REALLY clean too.

I never had to book or pay anything. Just show up at the desk & I had to sign my name or show my room key I think. I also remember having to sign out.

I should also mention that as far as the spas go AKL had the most beautiful spa/fitness area I thought and to be completely honest I thought the spa/gym area at Boardwalk Inn/Villas was kinda gross. I remember seeing some striped wallpaper that was kinda coming off the wall a little and when I was getting a massage I remember staring down at the floor to see a stain on the carpet for an hour. :laugh:

[QUOTE=dixie;867328]My DH is a keen gym user and whilst at WDW he usually just swaps his programme for swimming and power walking as we have never been quite sure how we would go about using other resorts gym facilities (staying at POR).
I wonder if any other MB’ers have used resort gyms, and if so could they tell us which resorts have these facilities and how one goes about booking/using them please, oh and also the cost involved?[/QUOTE]

I use the gyms at the resorts. Tell DH to just go over to OKW or SSR resort and use their gym. He may have to pay a fee to use it for your length of stay. The price is the one thing I am unsure of. OKW, you can more or less go in there and use it. Check in at the front desk and ask if you want to, but there is no one manning any desk in the gym, so I’m not sure how you would go about paying for it. I don’t know the layout at SSR.

Thank you Jess and Dana for the advice- I have passed it on to Paul and it is much appreciated.