Value Resort Transportation Help

My DH and I usually stay at the WLR and LOVE it. But this year we have an extra kid … my kid but one more kid than we have ever had with us before. So Family of 4 and the 3 year old first trip (she will be 4 when we go). I’d like to be able to do Disney right for her first time, but when pricing with that 4th person it is hard to beat the Value prices! So my question is: Is there a Value resort and specific room (maybe) that any of you recommend that wouldn’t make 20 bus stops for every trip we take?

I stayed at the POL a while back and the rooms were nice enough, but ALL I remember was trying to get ANYWHERE took forever because there are about 10 - 15 stops withing the resort. Any suggestions? :confused:

I just stayed at Pop Century this past August and LOVED it. I feel really good about telling other people to stay there based off my experiences. The are not multiple bus stops there and they don’t share with another resort. The buses do get crowded, but you are never waiting long. WDW sends buses constantly to the POP bus stop. I would stay there again in a second.

I’d also recommend Pop Century, but it is likely that once World of Animation opens, the two resorts will be sharing buses.

I don’t mind two or three stops, but I remember the Port Orleans had at least 8 - 10 stops. It was a lot and that was before kids. In the mornings it isn’t so bad, but on the way home, when they are just ready to get back to the room, those extra stops can take its toll.

Do you know how long it will take to get from the World of Animation to the Magic Kingdom?

I will have to give a vote to ASMusic Family Suites - Costs a little more but I liked it. ASMusic is the middle resort of the three, so as far as bus stops go, you are always second.

We have stayed in movies and stayed in 2 rooms at ASMusic and done the family suite - I like the suite.

That will definately hold true until the end of 2012. They won’t be fully open until December. I don’t know what they will do after that. Pop buses fill up super quick. I can’t imagine trying to squeeze in people from AoA too. Thank goodness I will be driving in June and will more than likely drive to the parks.

[QUOTE=andilee@hotmail;1097413]I don’t mind two or three stops, but I remember the Port Orleans had at least 8 - 10 stops. It was a lot and that was before kids. In the mornings it isn’t so bad, but on the way home, when they are just ready to get back to the room, those extra stops can take its toll.
[/QUOTE]

Port Orleans only has 5 stops total, 4 for Riverside and 1 for French Quarter.
Depending on how crowded things are, they’ll sometimes run separate buses for Riverside and French Quarter.

It probably takes 20 minutes to travel from Pop to MK.

But remember, currently, Pop has 3000 rooms and AoA was originally also configured with 3000 rooms. That’s 6000 total, which compares with the three All Stars which each have 2000, or 6000 total.

Something to keep in mind about PO is that combined, there are 3000 rooms. 2000 for Riverside and 1000 for FQ. CSR and CBR also have 2000 rooms and 4 stops each.

And just because you’re staying at a deluxe resort, that doesn’t mean you’ve got a bus all to yourself either.
WL/VWL and FW share most buses. There are a route or two that WL shares with GF. Poly and Contempo share and sometimes it’s Poly, Contempo/BLT, and GF.
And of course, much of the year, the Epcot 5 share all their buses.

During the day when staying at any of the All Stars you only stop at those and then off to the park. It goes Sports, Music then Movies. At night some times they will have dedicated buses so each gets their own bus…this also seems to happen during the morning sometimes. The Park buses go right to the parks while the DTD bus goes to more places.

Thanks for all the advice. We aren’t going until November 2012 UGH! I’m getting antsy and excited and want to go NOW! So to tide me over, i’m ready to start planning.

I think we will definately choose a Value Resort (i’d rather stay an extra day than in a nicer room). Thanks again!

We have stayed at POP and found the bus system to be good with the exception of the mad rush out of the parks after the fireworks, etc. It seems POP always fails, there is a long line and never enough buses. That being said, I have had to wait at moderates as well and dare I say deluxe. :ohmy:

I think you will find POP to be good for a kids trip to Disney. My kids have stayed at many of the resorts and still like POP best.

Have fun!

I have to agree with POP (although that’s the only place I’ve ever stayed). My pet peeve is waiting, especially at DW. I’ve always found the buses to come quickly and they make no stops. I also think it’s a kick when they do the twist at 8AM in the food court. Really wakes you up!

We are many-time veterans of Pop and the All Stars (and the Contemporary).

As for value resort transportation, here are the considerations we look at:

1. Pop has its own bus to and from the parks, the All Stars often share buses. That can make Pop attractive when you are tired and ready to get to your room.

2. Among the All Star resorts, the order down the road past MacDonald’s is Sports, Music, and then Movies. That means that when you are returning from the parks on a shared All Star bus, Sports is the first stop. That is a big factor for us. When you are departing TO the parks, sometimes Sports is the first stop (meaning you can get a seat on a crowded bus), but we have seen them stop there last on rare occasion.

3. Don’t forget the Disney’s Magical Express factor in thinking of transportation. Pop has been a first stop, and sometimes a second stop. That can save you as much as 20 minutes over other value resorts when coming from the airport. Similarly, the DME will stop at Sports first.

The only downside we have found with Sports is when the cheer squads are in town they can be a bit annoying. Also, we have found Movies to be quieter, though you do hear the parkway traffic noise through the trees a bit more.

Also, Pop has a far larger food court than any of the All Star resorts do. That can be a good thing (more seating), but it can also be a bit more noisy and crowded.

Awesome Insight K5XS. I appreciate it! That helps a ton.

I also vote Family Suites best price for a sleep 6 room. The 2 bathroom thing is a big thing when you have that many and are trying to get them to bed or out the door. They also do not have a lot of stops and have work things out at night so you sometime get a bus directly back to your All Star resort.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1097464]But remember, currently, Pop has 3000 rooms and AoA was originally also configured with 3000 rooms. That’s 6000 total, which compares with the three All Stars which each have 2000, or 6000 total.

Something to keep in mind about PO is that combined, there are 3000 rooms. 2000 for Riverside and 1000 for FQ. CSR and CBR also have 2000 rooms and 4 stops each.

And just because you’re staying at a deluxe resort, that doesn’t mean you’ve got a bus all to yourself either.
WL/VWL and FW share most buses. There are a route or two that WL shares with GF. Poly and Contempo share and sometimes it’s Poly, Contempo/BLT, and GF.
And of course, much of the year, the Epcot 5 share all their buses.[/QUOTE]

I never could understand why they do this. Since GF and Poly are right next door, and WL and CR are closer to each other than they are to the other 2 wouldn’t it seem more logical that when they share it would be GF/Poly and WL/CR buses? I’m sure there’s a reason they do what they do, I just don’t know what it is.

I think you hit it right with the numbers. To me the fact that Pop doesn’t share buses wouldn’t have any effect on my choice to stay there since accomodating soon to be 6,000 is the same either way you look at it (IF Pop & AoA share). I’ve stayed at ASMu when the bus filled from Sports and only 1/2 of Music so they dispatched another for the rest of Music and finished off at Movies. At park closing it was resort specific, no sharing. I think the same thing will happen if it were all Pop and AoA.
Honestly though I think a lot is going to depend on occupancy regardless of where you stay that will determine time spent waiting and on the buses.
I’ve never stayed there but I think CBR is the one with most stops rather than PO’s.
And being a family of 4, unless you want the extra space I don’t see where you’d need a suite as recommended. A regular room would work just fine.

I would have to disagree. Having a family of four with two teenagers we found a room at POFQ to be very cramped. We got two rooms at All Star Sports and were much more comfortable. This trip it’s two rooms at Pop. One room might have worked for smaller kids but not anymore. Not enough room for DD’s luggage.

We have stayed at Pop Century and out of all the values that gets my vote!! It has always been clean, the buses were much better there than at All Star Music.

lasallemom,

They have family sweets at the PoP Value? or any Value for that matter? I thought it was just at the new one the AoA.

The only value with family suites is All-Star Music. Until AOA opens.