Value vs Moderate Hotels?

So, we are trying to decide between a value and a moderate hotel. We are going to have our own car, so besides transportation, what are the differences between a value resort and moderate resort? What are some points that would make me choose a moderate over a value?
Just trying to find a reason to spend the extra money on the moderate. Can anyone give me some please??? :wub:

free mini fridge in your room and better pools!! We upgraded to a moderate for our next trip. I’m lokking forward to it!

I like the in-room fridge and the kids like that the pools have slides, etc. that make them more fun, but the atmosphere is better at a moderate too. It seems calmer, less hectic. Food options are better too at a moderate.

Fridge, double sinks, bigger room. I believe a ceiling fan (not sure, someone can confirm that), better pool. When we stayed at a value, just overall we felt cramped and uncomfortable. POFQ is our favorite mod. It is so relaxing and comfortable.

Yes, there are ceiling fans. I forgot about that one. I also forgot about double sinks.

One of the moderates - I believe it’s Coronado Springs - has upgraded its beds to two queens rather than two doubles. I see this as a big advantage over value resorts. I’m used to sleeping in a king size bed and stretching out, and I always wake up feeling crampy after sleeping in a full-size.

Yes, CSR has added extras because its a convention resort. It offers queen beds, a fitness center, salon, spa, tanning beds, a dance club and full menu room service. All this for $5.00 more per night than the other mods.

We spent so much tome on the pool slide last trip, I couldn’t imaging not having it.

Hot tub, slide at the pool. also in room two sinks are a must with 4 in a room.
I have stayed at CBR & POFQ – CBR has a number of small “quiet” pools around the resort. But we LOVE POFQ :wub:

Moderate are bigger then values by the rooms. The pools are bigger and have things like slides. The Mini Fridge is big bouns, you can put drinks and stuff in them.
Oh double sinks, i love having double things when comes to get ready in the morning to head off.

Hey fellow NJ Dis Fan!
Honestly we have stayed from Poly to Pop and I pick Pop everytime! We are never in the room and for just a couple of bucks extra a day you can have a fridge too. The money we save we can spend on something else fun like the MNSSHP!! However this time we are trying PQFQ because friends planned the trip…we shall see!!

Well just a thought if u were keen on saving money guests of any Disney resort can go pool hopping at other resorts (certain parts of the year, usually when its slow, and November is usually slow) and you can rent a fridge at the All-Stars for a fee which is probably lower than if you were to stay at a moderate resort. If you wanna go on the pricier side of the value resorts there are family suits that have a queen bed a pull out couch and two pull out chairs, a small kitchen, microwave, living room, its almost like staying in a studio in DVC (well that is what it sounds like). And that sounds like more than a moderate resort offers.

If you really want to do the moderate thing POFQ looks extremely nice but Coranado has bigger beds.

[ We are going to have our own car, so besides transportation, what are the differences between a value resort and moderate resort?

Ditch the car…my friends drove and it took them longer to get back to the hotel! Enjoy that nightly sardine ride home with the rest of us!:frostyang

All Star Music Resort Family Suites

Here is more info on the family suite! It’s at the All-Star music and has 2 bathrooms! That is pretty cool!

You get the fridge for free if you have refrigerated medications.
I can deal with a value for a day or two. Anything longer and I need to upgrade (to WL, AKL, or Contemporary if budget allows).

[QUOTE=poohbe66;1047742]Well just a thought if u were keen on saving money guests of any Disney resort can go pool hopping at other resorts (certain parts of the year, usually when its slow, and November is usually slow) and you can rent a fridge at the All-Stars for a fee which is probably lower than if you were to stay at a moderate resort. If you wanna go on the pricier side of the value resorts there are family suits that have a queen bed a pull out couch and two pull out chairs, a small kitchen, microwave, living room, its almost like staying in a studio in DVC (well that is what it sounds like). And that sounds like more than a moderate resort offers.

If you really want to do the moderate thing POFQ looks extremely nice but Coranado has bigger beds.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“3”]there are NUMEROUS discussions about this.
I think what it came down to is you USED To be able to pool hop but they dont encourage (or in some cases allow) it anymore…unless you bring you old faded resort mug to fill up too:whistling[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=tinkfans;1047749][SIZE=“2”]:ohmy::eek::nonono2:

[SIZE=“3”]there are NUMEROUS discussions about this.
I think what it came down to is you USED To be able to pool hop but they don’t encourage (or in some cases allow) it anymore…unless you bring you old faded resort mug to fill up too:whistling[/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Do the mugs change from resort to resort? Because don’t you always get a mug from the resort you stay at? or is that just with the dining plan?? And even then do I have to bring an old faded one? Can’t you go to fill up the mug you just got from your resort?

Do the resort CM really say anything? Like not trying to be sneaky but how would they know? Let’s say you want to use the sand bottom pool at the Y&BC just walk in and go, I mean so many people go to that resort to take the boats or park and walk over the BW, you know? Just a thought…

Sorry I know that was a lot of questions at once! Just curious :blush:

[QUOTE=NJMommy;1047656]So, we are trying to decide between a value and a moderate hotel. We are going to have our own car, so besides transportation, what are the differences between a value resort and moderate resort? What are some points that would make me choose a moderate over a value?
Just trying to find a reason to spend the extra money on the moderate. Can anyone give me some please??? :wub:[/QUOTE]

There is almost no difference in transportation between any of the resorts based on price class. Only one resort has a non stop bus and that’s Pop Century. Even AKL technically now has two stops since Kidani Village has its own bus stop. The three All Stars share between themselves for much of the time, but when crowds are heavy, each All Star can get its own bus for certain parks. All of the mods have 4 and 5 stop loops, although again, depending on crowd size, French Quarter could have its own bus to MK, otherwise both Port Orleans share buses.
That said, most of the time, and especially for Magic Kingdom, you are better off taking the bus and not driving.
And don’t feel bad because even the Grand Floridian shares buses with either WL or with Poly/Contemporary.

[QUOTE=poohbe66;1047752]Do the mugs change from resort to resort?
[/QUOTE]

They went to one standardized mug for all resorts a few years ago and now change that mug once every year or so.
Do CMs ever say anything at the beverage islands? Wellllllllllll, I’ve never been a witness.
The mugs are for sale as well as being a part of some dining plans.

[QUOTE=Pinocchio’s Pal;1047743][ We are going to have our own car, so besides transportation, what are the differences between a value resort and moderate resort?

Ditch the car…my friends drove and it took them longer to get back to the hotel! Enjoy that nightly sardine ride home with the rest of us!:frostyang[/QUOTE]

I always have my own car! I like being able to come and go when I want, and not having to wait for transportation. :whistling