Value vs Moderate

Someone had previously posted a wonderful synopsis of the differences between Values and Moderates item by item. I can’t seem to remember where it was.

Could whomever it was re-post it?

[QUOTE=Big Al;976794]Someone had previously posted a wonderful synopsis of the differences between Values and Moderates item by item. I can’t seem to remember where it was.

Could whomever it was re-post it?[/QUOTE]

I think this might be what you’re looking for, it was posted in another thread by CleveRocks:

Some points to consider on the differences between Moderates and Values:

Moderate rooms are 314 sq. ft. (except CBR rooms are 340).
Value rooms are 260 sq. ft.
The 54 square feet difference is about the size of two double beds.

Moderate rooms have a ceiling fan.
Value rooms don’t.

Moderate rooms have a fridge.
Value rooms don’t (or you’ll pay $10/day to rent).

Moderate rooms have 2 sinks (except CSR’s have 1).
Value rooms have 1 sink.

Moderates have a pool slide and a hot tub.
Values have neither.

Moderates provide pool towels at the main pool.
Values do not provide any pool towels … you must use your room towels.

Moderates’ bus stops are covered (think protection from rain and hot sun).
Values’ bus stops are not covered.

Moderates have lush landscaping.
Values have more “hardscaping.”

Moderates have a food court AND a table-service restaurant (except POFQ … food court only).
Values have only a food court.

Moderates have some sort of recreational activity (e.g., boat rentals, bike rentals).
Values don’t have that type of recreational activity.

At Moderates, the maximum room charge limit is $1,000.
At Values, it’s $500.

EXTRA CREDIT:

POFQ and POR have boat service to Downtown Disney.
CSR has queen-size beds, full room service, and a gym.
Values are much more “kid-themed” and whimsical-looking than the Moderates.

Thank you! That’s the one I was looking for.

Have never done the moderates, but our 2010 goal is to go down with just the DW and myself (no kids!) so I should have the $$ to upgrade.

Thanks for your help

We’ve always done the value resorts as well…POP is our favorite. We’re doing POFQ in January for the marathon. This was VERY helpful info. Thanks for providing!

We’ve done both and have decided that it’s really worth it to us to stay at moderates. We find them to be much more quiet, peaceful, & serene. Our kids love the pool slides, we like having the fridge in the room, we need the additional sq. footage, but most of all we love the atmosphere!

I agree. We’ve stayed at both, and the huge groups of kids running around the values, it was nuts. When we stayed at the moderate, you didn’t see that, it was much quieter, good for a nice stroll, just much more peaceful. I enjoy that peace and quiet and it’s worth the upgrade(esp going without kids!)

We’ve stayed at both, and the huge groups of kids running around the values, it was nuts.

Also (unless this is what you meant by “huge groups of kids”) it seems that when high schools have band/cheerleading/sports/etc events at WDW the kids all get put up at the Values.

Yeah, that’s what I meant, all of the group events for kids at Disney seemed to be at the value we stayed at. We could never use the pool because it was wild, and there was no peaceful walking with kids running around. And that was our trip without kids, so if I want refuge from my own, I want refuge from them all lol(just kidding, I know it’s Disney, there are kids everywhere).

Stayed one night at all star sports. Theming was as expected. Room was smaller but it was nice.

Even value on site beats the HECK out of some of the dumps were I’ve stayed. :eek:

If you are park commandos as our family is, we find that the extra$$ spent on the moderate was not well spent. We use our rooms to sleep and shower and spend very little time at the resort itself. Our last trip was spent POR and as nice as the grounds were, we only saw them when leaving in the am and coming back at night,never used the pool either. The launch to DTD was nice but I always rent a car anyway it just saved having to find a place to park. To each his own they say.

Indeed. Sandy and i have actually had the opportunity to try them all. The first few minutes in a Deluxe is kind of cool but the thrill wears off soon enough. The moderates seem to be just a shade over the values, but the difference in the cost just doesn’t seem to justify it for us.

In the end, it comes down to the LeBlanc Motto:

Toilet …Check
Shower …Check
Bed … Check
lock on Door …Check

oddly enough, all rooms have the same thing. All the other stuff his little to do with our Disney experience. I know a lot of people like the more private atmosphere in moderates & Deluxe’s, but if you want privacy, what are you doing in Disney? You should rent your very own Hawaiian island :biggrin:

[QUOTE=Big Al;976794]Someone had previously posted a wonderful synopsis of the differences between Values and Moderates item by item. I can’t seem to remember where it was.

Could whomever it was re-post it?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the one you’re referring to, but here’s an article about Disney Resort categories that might help.

Even if that’s the case, I actually had a hard time sleeping when we spent our arrival night at Pop prior to checking in for our package the next day at POFQ. As was already said, there were large groups of kids (or maybe just obnoxious, inconsiderate families :blink:). Kids were running past our door yelling on their way to/from the pool or on their return from the parks. Even though we weren’t directly facing the pool, we could also hear noise from the pool until very late at night. I had earplugs and still couldn’t fall asleep until after 1 or 2 am when things finally quieted down. I have never had that happen at a moderate resort. After that one night, I was like, “Get me to POFQ, quick!” :laugh: Even if I’m not at the resort for a lot of time, when I am there (esp. after a commando day at the parks) I really want to be able to relax and get some sleep.

[QUOTE=markypooh;977163]If you are park commandos as our family is, we find that the extra$$ spent on the moderate was not well spent. We use our rooms to sleep and shower and spend very little time at the resort itself. QUOTE]

Your description of park commandos is usually what we’ve done too. I’ve said the same thing myself to people. However, since this trip is without the kids, we’d probably actually spend some time in the resort itself relaxing as well. That’s why I’m considering the moderate upgrade.

Really appreciate your input.

Wow, nice to know I’ve been quoted!!! :goofybounce:

It’s such a great list. Thanks again for posting it!

As much as I love the little ones, I want a peaceful pool and some quiet time after a day at the parks. The moderates do that for us. The extra cost is worth it. My kids will probably stay at the pops when they take their kids, but at my age, the peace is very nice, hehehe. I enjoy the activity in the parks, it’s fun, but I can leave the parks and go back to the resort to “chill” for a while. But, in truth, it’s all good at Disney!

My next trip is me and 3 boys sans wife. Were driving down, and have free dining so were staying at POP. IF I dndn;t have my own car, I’d go for the Mod. I hated waiting for that bus.

My Value stay might have been awhile ago but I still remember it and I chooooooseee…Moderate. :laugh:

I have 5 kids, yes I am used to noise and chaos. BUT…I can make my kids go to bed, sit in time out when bad, etc. Other people tend to get mad if you yell at their kids, no idea why:rolleyes: j/k.

We are going in March or April next yr. (Dang date is moving around like no tomorrow and I’m getting peeved.) So since we’re leaving the 2 youngest at home, we’re planning on the Poly. WOOO HOOOO!!!

But dh refuses to even consider a Value as we have NO luck and always end up at WDW with tons of sports teams and whatnot and we all know where they are staying. lol. So our options are Moderate or Deluxe, with Moderate usually going to be our choice. So if there’s not enough $ for a Moderate, well we just won’t go is dh’s thinking. :rolleyes: So I better make sure we save enough.

We don’t spend a ton of time in our room, but when we do we want it to be nice, etc.