Vegetarian @ Le Cellier?

On our next visit we have a vegetarian in our party and am told that they can accomodate us at restaurants that don’t have something on the menu. I really want to eat at Le Cellier since I’ve never been there and want to know what they would prepare for her? Has anybody else had to do this? How about at Ohana’s or Yak & Yeti?

I had cheese soup and pretzel breadsticks and was really full. It’s delicious!

The cheese soup is delicious, but it has bacon in it. Here are some vegetarian dishes they offer, plus I am sure she can create something.

Tomato Stack - with caramelized onions, cucumbers $8.99
Porcini Mushroom Ravioli - topped with seasonal mushrooms and watercress sweet onion salad with mushroom broth $19.99
Steakhouse Caesar - with Romaine lettuce, parmesan, sourdough croutons and creamy Caesar dressing $6.99
Mixed Field Greens - with crumbled blue cheese and white balsamic vinaigrette $6.99

Oh I forgot to mention she doesn’t like mushrooms either, so that’s what makes it a little difficult at Le Cellier. Since we’re on the DDP, we are trying to get the most bang for our buck :smile:

My little one is not a big meat eater. They always put together a wonderful fruit platter for him. :mickey:

I would ask for the Cheese soup minus bacon, so yummy!

Ummm… I think your best bet is try to make her see the error of her ways before your trip!:laugh::laugh::laugh: (That was a joke, everyone!! Please don’t send me hate mail because it seems I have trouble with vegetarians. I don’t mind vegetarians, I am just glad I am not one!:laugh::laugh:)
Will this person eat dairy products or eggs? What about seafood? My DD had a yummy seafood pasta dish at Le Cellier last year. If she is vegan, you may have to skip Le Cellier. I can’t think of anything she could have if she is very strict.
(Maybe you guys could go, and send her to the Land to snag a lettuce leaf to gnaw on!:laugh:) Ok, I have offended enough people, I am shutting up.

My DD & I are vegetarians (and don’t like mushrooms either) and eat there every year. Last year they put together a delicious sauteed vegetable plate with noodles and roasted potatoes for my daughter and I.

All the restaurants have been great in making dishes for us with no notice. Most restaurants will send the chef to your table to work out the vegetarian or other special dietary needs dish. Just let your server know when you are seated.

If you are eating at dinner shows witha preset menu they can work with you too if you call in advance. We are doing the HDDR this year and were given a number to call 24 hours ahead of time so that they can make us a vegetarian dish as well.

In the words of Jim Gaffigan…

“I’m a vegitarian…well I’m not a strict vegitarian, I still eat meat and chicken…but not fish Because that’s disgusting!”

That is just jealousy talking since we couldn’t get res’s for our trip in 8 days! Have a great time and pack an apple for the vegan! :blow:

A vegetarian at Le Cellier is like sky writing at night: Why bother?

Its okay Dznylvr, I’m proud to be a carnivore :laugh: She doesn’t eat seafood, but she’s definitely not a vegan. She’s not exactly “healthy” in her diet, she just doesn’t eat meat, if that makes any sense.

Thanks Ranedrops, you’ve put my mind at ease. She’s so sweet, she wouldn’t complain if they just gave her lettuce on a plate, but she would be much more satisfied if they gave her something a little more hearty. Anyways, anybody know anything about O’hana’s or Yak & Yeti?

[QUOTE=Disney Princess;879578]Its okay Dznylvr, I’m proud to be a carnivore :laugh: She doesn’t eat seafood, but she’s definitely not a vegan. She’s not exactly “healthy” in her diet, she just doesn’t eat meat, if that makes any sense.

Thanks Ranedrops, you’ve put my mind at ease. She’s so sweet, she wouldn’t complain if they just gave her lettuce on a plate, but she would be much more satisfied if they gave her something a little more hearty. Anyways, anybody know anything about O’hana’s or Yak & Yeti?[/QUOTE]
Are you going with my SIL? :mellow: She is also a vegetarian but does not eat healthy at all. I have never seen her eat a vegetable or fruit.

:laugh: Love it! I totally agree, same with HDDR. More power to you for being a vegetarian - I seriously wish I had the self control - but those 2 places are just meat central :pirate:

[QUOTE=Disney Princess;879578]Its okay Dznylvr, I’m proud to be a carnivore :laugh: She doesn’t eat seafood, but she’s definitely not a vegan. She’s not exactly “healthy” in her diet, she just doesn’t eat meat, if that makes any sense.

Thanks Ranedrops, you’ve put my mind at ease. She’s so sweet, she wouldn’t complain if they just gave her lettuce on a plate, but she would be much more satisfied if they gave her something a little more hearty. Anyways, anybody know anything about O’hana’s or Yak & Yeti?[/QUOTE]

If you go to the buffets she can ask a chef behind the counter & they will be more than happy to come around and take her on a tour of the buffet pointing out what is vegetarian friendly.

When you make your ADRs you can also have it noted that you have a vegetarian/dietary restriction.

Even at the counter service she can get something made up for her without the meat or a little different variation than what is on the menu. You just have to request it & see what they can accomodate her with.

Have a great trip!