Very Very Sad News-Tinkerbell

It is with a heavy aching heart that I bring to all members of Disney Central and MouseBuzz, the news that one of our dearest members, Lisa Welch known to us all as Tinkerbell has passed away at home.

Her family has given me permission to post this here, but as yet they are still trying to contact close friends and would appreciate the news being kept private and to these boards for now.

Older members will remember Lisa had a passion for WDW and all things Disney like no other. She truly embodied the spirit of Disney, she was a good, kind, witty beautiful person, who had the rare quality of never judging anyone, she was always compassionate and had the biggest heart in anyone I’ve ever met.

I came to Disney Central because of Lisa. Our shared love of Disney meant that she introduced me to these boards.

I will try and get details of where people can express their sympathies from the family, but of course it is delicate at this time, and the family wish to notify their immediate family and friends privately first.

She was one of the best friends I ever had, and my heart is truly broken.

RIP dear dear Lisa- gone but never ever forgotten.

My heart goes out to her family and friends.

oh Karen, that is such sad and devastating news. The world will be a sadder place that is for certain. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends and I am sending you, also, my love and biggest cuddles sweetheart. :crying:

I heard via other MB friends and I had to come over here to pay my own respects. My heart sank and it was so sad to me because I had not been in contact with her lately and it reminded me of not only how fragile life is but how much everyone here truly means to me. This is such a big loss for our Mouse Buzz community so I can only imagine how big the loss is for her family this time of the year. Rest in peace Tink- we loved every ounce of the pixie dust you shared with us and we will always remember you. God bless your family- may our prayers support them from afar during this very difficult time. <3 Karie-anne “woohoo”

Very sad indeed. Prayers going out to her family.

Words can not express my sense of loss and sadness. She will be greatly missed as a friend, Grandmother and wife…I am saddened for her family and for her brand new Great Grandchild to be who will not get the opportunity to know such a kind and special woman.

Karen, my heart is with you. I am so very sorry for you. I know how close you two were and I can’t imagine your grief. As always, I am here for you if you need it.:heart:

So incredibly sad, we both shared the love of Tinker Bell and understood the magic she brings to the world. I think of Lisa almost everytime I look at anything Tinkerbell in my house. Even yesterday when I was putting up my Christmas tree I wanted to tag her in a pic on FB of my favorite Tink ornament. She was such a friendly, sweet, and magical person. :frowning: As I got to know Lisa over the years, she was always very quick to embrace and defend the ‘underdog,’ the ‘rebel,’ the ‘unique,’ etc. Amongst an online community of very diverse people it is always comforting to find someone who shares the same universal beliefs as you; she always felt like a kindred spirit to me.

My heart goes out to her family and also greatly to our friend Karen because I truly understand the bond they had & what Karen must be going through. :sad:

What sad, sad news. Such a heavy heart reading this. Dixie, I’m so sorry you lost such a good friend and know that your friends here will keep you and Tinkerbelle’s family in our hearts and prayers while you go through this. Big hugs sent your way!

Rest in Peace, dear Lisa. I can’t express how shocked and saddened I am at this terrible news. Lisa was such a good, kind person with a wicked sense of humour. I will always remember her starting the “Hijack This” thread - it brought a lot of laughter to MB. I once reached out to Lisa with a problem I was dealing with and her kindness, concern and good commonsense and advice helped me so much. She spread a lot of pixie dust here and she will be sorely missed. My condolences to her family - she loved them so much.

Thank you Karen, for letting us know this sad news. I’m sure your heart is heavy today. Many hugs to you dear friend while you go through this difficult time.

Dear Tinkerbell, you were the original defender of the Swiss Family TreeHouse!
We will miss you terribly.

To Dixie ((((hugs)))) :heart:

Sending Pixie Dust !!! … So sorry to hear this.

[QUOTE=dixie;1125765]It is with a heavy aching heart that I bring to all members of Disney Central and MouseBuzz, the news that one of our dearest members, Lisa Welch known to us all as Tinkerbell has passed away at home.

Her family has given me permission to post this here, but as yet they are still trying to contact close friends and would appreciate the news being kept private and to these boards for now.

Older members will remember Lisa had a passion for WDW and all things Disney like no other. She truly embodied the spirit of Disney, she was a good, kind, witty beautiful person, who had the rare quality of never judging anyone, she was always compassionate and had the biggest heart in anyone I’ve ever met.

I came to Disney Central because of Lisa. Our shared love of Disney meant that she introduced me to these boards.

I will try and get details of where people can express their sympathies from the family, but of course it is delicate at this time, and the family wish to notify their immediate family and friends privately first.

She was one of the best friends I ever had, and my heart is truly broken.

RIP dear dear Lisa- gone but never ever forgotten.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry for your loss, and my sympathies go to her family and friends.

It is so sad to lose one of our own. Tink was a great person and a wonderful voice on MB. My deepest condolances to her family and friends.

-Harry

What sad news. Lisa was one of the first people who reached out to welcome me when I joined DC. We would exchange PMs from time to time and she was always so sweet and positive. In fact just a couple of weeks ago I was thinking about sending her a quick PM just to say hi, I wish I had.

Her family is in my prayers.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers going out to her family.

I’m so sorry to hear this news. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

RIP Tinkerbell, may you forever fly above us, showering us with your pixie dust

I just heard this news on Fb and just had to come here and say how very sorry I am to hear of this … She always made me smile when she posted and I had her as one of my facebook friends … I will miss hearing about updates of her grandkids and her children that I know she loved so much … Please send my prayers to her family Dixie …

So sad more so at this time of year. thoughts go out to the family.

So sad to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to her family in this difficult time.