Via napoli and tutto italia

So both of these restaurants are in Italy and are table service and both serve Italian food? Is the only difference that Via Napoli serves pizza? It’s too bad they didn’t do a quick service addition.

Yeah, when I originally heard of it, I thought that it would be a QS. Sounds like it’s just going to be overpriced pizza. But I’m not a fan of Tutto Italia, so maybe I’ll like this better.

Yes, I thought it was going to be a QS also?

I think we all thought Via Napoli was going to be a quick serve counter and not a second sit down.
I almost don’t see why this was even done.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1043211]I think we all thought Via Napoli was going to be a quick serve counter and not a second sit down.
I almost don’t see why this was even done.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely.

I agree too…thought maybe I was missing something. I didn’t think Tutto was that busy that they needed a 2nd sit-down.

But Italy could easily use a QS counter, especially one that sold authentic pizza by the slice.

They should open up a window at the side of Via Napoli to do just that!

If they are serving orginal Italian pizza why are they not serving pizza bread like they do in Italy. I spent two years in Italy and what they are serving as orginal Italian piza is not what we ate over there. Pepperoni are peppers in Italy.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1043211]I think we all thought Via Napoli was going to be a quick serve counter and not a second sit down.
I almost don’t see why this was even done.[/QUOTE]

I blame the Brazilians (and maybe the Canadians but lately I have been warming up to my northern cousins).

:tongue::tongue::tongue: At least we wouldn’t put cilantro on the pizza.

Now that that’s over…I think this is a bad move on Disney’s part. A counter-service would have been HUGELY popular, still, we’re going to try it when we’re there. I want to see if it’s REALLY like Italian pizza.

[QUOTE=llama;1043359]:tongue::tongue::tongue: At least we wouldn’t put cilantro on the pizza.

Now that that’s over…I think this is a bad move on Disney’s part. A counter-service would have been HUGELY popular, still, we’re going to try it when we’re there. I want to see if it’s REALLY like Italian pizza.[/QUOTE]

The best pizza I ever had was in Italy…oh I hope they do it right at this new restaurant. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

Hey Doug,

do you think this i just a prelude to Tutto going up to 2 credits? We ate there last year and it seemed pretty upscale for 1 credit. I guess with Le Cellier jumping the 1 credit ship you never know?

Will Via Napoli be on the DDP? How do they compare if at all to Tony’s Town Square?

I think you’re confusing pepperoni and peperoncini.

Peperoncini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pepperoni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[QUOTE=bosoxx65;1043411]Hey Doug,

do you think this i just a prelude to Tutto going up to 2 credits? We ate there last year and it seemed pretty upscale for 1 credit. I guess with Le Cellier jumping the 1 credit ship you never know?[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I’m thinking.

I havent eaten at Tutto Italia in awhile and from what I remember it was good. We did make a reservation for our up comming trip in Oct and Im wondering if I should change it to via napoli unless they are both going to have the same food minus the pizza…

>>I think we all thought Via Napoli was going to be a quick serve counter and not a second sit down.<<

I too thought it was going to be a QS.
We were there last Sunday, not open obviously, but both my wife and I were looking for the QS counter… something comparable to the counter on the Boardwalk.
Frank

I just booked a resy for 10/1…they say it is on the DDP, but my question is this: they have three sizes…indiv, large, and 12 meter which is shared…so the first and third is obvious…wonder what they will “charge” for the middle one? I could NEVER eat 8 slices of pizza…well maybe…LOL!!

Just got back from dinner at Via Napoli. Will do a review as TR shortly.