Via Napoli menu released

Pastas, wood-fired pizzas, scoops of sweet gelato – here’s a first look at the menu for the new Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria at the Epcot Italy Pavilion. Opening next month the 300-seat restaurant expands dining choices (our favorite Tutto Italia stays). Created by the Patina Restaurant Group’s CEO Nick Valenti, the menu is based on his travels in Southern Italy and his time developing and overseeing the successful Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria in New York. Valenti spent time in Naples studying the art of dough, crust, sauce and oven temperatures at the famous pizzerias Da Michele and Trianon. A feature at Via Napoli is its wood-burning ovens, cleverly named after the three active volcanoes in Italy – Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius and Stromboli.

Appetizers: Sicilian eggplant with olives and raisins; salad of lettuce, fagiolini (string beans), fennel and tomatoes; arancini (fried saffron risotto balls) with meat ragù, mozzarella and pomodoro sauce; corn-crusted fried calamari; and minestrone with basil pesto. Or share a plate of arancini, mozzarella, calamari, portobella mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini and carciofi (artichokes).

Main course salads: Manzo (filet of beef) with greens, red onion, gorgonzola, apple and cucumber with a red wine-mustard vinaigrette; chopped salad with lemon chicken, greens, cantaloupe, cucumber, red pepper, green beans, onions, almonds and pasta crisps with honey-citrus vinaigrette; calamari with arugula, carrots and fennel with orange vinaigrette.

Pastas: candele (long, tube-shaped pasta) with sausage ragù; linguine with seafood; malfadine (ribbon pasta) with guanciale (unsmoked Italian bacon) and pomodoro sauce; lasagna verde.

Piatti alla Parmigiana: (dishes topped with Parmesan and mozzarella gratinée): veal, chicken and eggplant.

Wood-fired pizzas: made with caputo flour imported from Southern Italy, San Marzano tomatoes, handmade mozzarella and water from a local spring just like in Italy’s Campania region – 10-inch, 20-inch or 1/2 meter to share: a dozen choices, from a simple pizza Margherita with tomato, mozzarella and basil to carciofi with artichoke, potato, pecorino cheese, prosciutto and cantaloupe.

Sweets: tiramisù, zeppole di ricotta (ricotta cheese-fried dough, whipped cream and chocolate sauce); apple cake with almond sorbetti; gelatie; and vanilla gelato with almond cookies and amarena cherries.

Water from a local spring where? In Central Florida?!
THAT’S THE WHOLE PROBLEM!!

I’ll give it a try nonetheless.

i HAVE TWO MORE ADRS WHEN IS THIS PLACE OPEN,.

Does anyone know exactly when it’s going to open or when you can make an ADR. We’re really hoping to try it in Sept.

DH and I keep watching for an official date. We keep seeing next month, so you’ll probably be able to eat there in September. We’re crossing our fingers that it’ll be open by the week of August 15th.

Oh I’m hoping it’s open mid August too.

I loved this menu and cannot wait to try it next year!!

If past experience holds, the restaurant won’t take reservations for the first month or so that they’re open.
Look at Yak and Yeti, Teppan Edo, and Tokyo Dining. I think Cat Cora’s Kouzzina is also an example of this as well as The Wave.

According to another disney site, that one said they will be taking reservations starting Aug.6.

Ohh I really want to try this place! It sound so yummy! If they are taking reservations Ill have to make one!

Already have all our ADR’s and no room left for this place:sad:. I was hoping they would have quick service pizza option. It sounds like the kind of pizza I like.

Here is a link to the Disney Parks Blog where the discussion was the opening of Via Napoli. I hope it will help you. Not sure what your travel dates are, but it looks like my family and I will need to do a walkup. They aren’t taking ADR’s for our travel time.:frown:

Reservations Open Aug. 6 for Via Napoli Disney Parks Blog

Hmmmmm this might be the deciding factor on getting the DDP or not? We get the counter service one sometimes, but the last few trips it’s been cheaper for us to just to ala carte!

[QUOTE=missymouse;1041055]Here is a link to the Disney Parks Blog where the discussion was the opening of Via Napoli. I hope it will help you. Not sure what your travel dates are, but it looks like my family and I will need to do a walkup. They aren’t taking ADR’s for our travel time.:frown:

Reservations Open Aug. 6 for Via Napoli Disney Parks Blog[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I guess we will have to try the walkup too, as we’ll be gone by Sept. 10.

You’re welcome! :happy: DH is very excited to try this new place. He’s been hoping for weeks now that it would just be open by the time we go, so I guess I should just be happy that we can do a walkup. I dislike living by my ADR times, so it will really be better for us anyway, as long as the wait isn’t ridiculous!

I was originally under the impression that they would.
Pizza by the slice to go would be a great thing to offer.
We didn’t hit World Showcase a few weeks ago, so I didn’t see the construction or if there are any clues about the layout or exactly where on Italy’s plaza it will be.

Disney News Blog
Official Press releases and photographs from Disney and Central Florida.

New Pizzeria “Via Napoli” Set to Open August 5th at Walt Disney World

Patina Restaurant Group will open a new casual pizzeria August 5th, called Via Napoli, adjacent to Tutto Italia Ristorante, its restaurant in the Italy pavilion in Epcot® World Showcase at Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. This will be the first authentic Italian pizzeria to ever open in the park.

Restaurateur and longtime Patina Restaurant Group CEO Nick Valenti created the Via Napoli concept, based upon his travels in Southern Italy and his time developing and overseeing the successful Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria in New York which was awarded the coveted certification of “La Vera Pizza Napoletana.” While in Naples, Valenti spent time studying the art of dough, crust, sauce and oven temperatures at the famous pizzerias Da Michele and Trianon. At Da Ettore, he discovered the art of pagnotiello, a folded round of pizza dough filled with mozzarella, ham and mushrooms.

“I have always loved the beauty of a simple Neapolitan pizza,” Valenti says. “It’s a perfect food, something beloved by both Italians and Americans. At Via Napoli we will make pizza the traditional Neapolitan way: with a textured, soft and charred crust. I look forward to bringing it to Walt Disney World, where it should be a welcome addition to guests visiting Epcot.”

Via Napoli will feature a selection of classical Neapolitan pizzas, ranging from pizza bianca, quattro stagioni, piccante, ortolano and a traditional margherita. Famed Pizzaiolo Charlie Restivo will serve as executive chef at Via Napoli, where he will craft the pies using simple and delicious Italian ingredients such as San Marzano tomatoes, Caputo flour, handmade fresh mozzarella, Parma Cotto, crumbled sausage and water calibrated specifically to the pH found in Naples.

“We’re excited to be working with the Patina Restaurant Group once again on this significant expansion project,” said Dan Cockerell, vice president of Epcot. “Via Napoli will certainly enhance the guest experience and the architectural landscape of World Showcase just in time for our 15th annual Epcot Food & Wine Festival.”

A unique feature at Via Napoli will be the wood-burning ovens, which are named after the three active volcanoes in Italy – Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius and Stromboli. Each oven will be sculpted with the “face of the volcano” – reflecting the gods whose mythology surrounds each volcano’s history.

The architecture and design of the new pizzeria will be based on a mix of traditional Italian styles, with the Florentine architect Stefano Nardini (of Magris & Partners) working in conjunction with Rick Swisher Architect to build it. Renderings are available upon request. Menus are attached.

For reservations at Via Napoli, please call (407) WDW-DINE / (407) 939-3463.
Please note, between August 2 and September 9, 2010, guests will be accommodated on a walk-in basis only. Beginning August 6, 2010, reservations will be accepted for dates September 10th and later.

Allears.net posted full menu with prices!