Via Napoli or Mama Melrose

Am in process of making ADR’s for upcoming trip. My family loves Italian and am trying to choose between Via Napoli or Mama Melrose. We have not been to either before and don’t really want to do both.
Thanks for any input.

I have been to both. I think that Via Napoli is good, but look at the menu first. It seems to be more un tomato but delicious. If you are looking for tomato type dishes, then choose Mama Melrose. It seemed like VIa was a little more upscale-just because it was new. Mama’s seems like an old fashioned italian eatery in NY. If that helps. As far as food goes, I would go to either. They were both good.

I’ve gone to Via Napoli twice and really like it. The food was really good and the atmosphere was a fun one. They have seaparte tables, but also have a really long table through the middle of the restuarant. They once seated us there, to which I thought oh boy, gonna be like Biertgarten, seating us with strangers, but you didn’t get that feel. We had a couple across from us to which we enjoyed talking to, and then there was a seat in between us and the next family, which allowed us to decide to pull them into conversation or not. Seeing you have other seating choices, if you didn’t want to participate, you could request a separate table, but to tell you the truth, it was one of my more memorable evenings out enjoying meeting new friends in a fun atmosphere.

I vote for Via Napoli. Not only is the food really good but the staff is easy on the eyes too (if you know what I mean heehee) :whistling

Agreed! I vote for Via Napoli for these reasons as well :wub:

Wait -----
I haven’t been to either but I have read that things have changed at Mama Melrose’s. Better food/change of chef and better service.

Just trying to make you look at all the angles!!

Now that is true about the wait staff at Via. They were delicious to look at as well. :wink:

If you can get a Fantasmic package then I would go with Mama Melrose. However, did not try Via.

We’ve eaten at Via Napoli twice. The first time was an excellent experience. We went for lunch. The pizza was very good and the servers were very good, too (if you get my drift).:whistling The second time wasn’t as positive. The restaurant was very noisy and crowded and the service was rushed and not very attentive. The food (we didn’t have pizza) wasn’t memorable. Just very “pedestrian”. I’d go again - but only for the pizza. And probably for lunch instead of dinner.

Haven’t tried Mama Melrose’s, though.

I’d vote for Via Napoli too. We did both on our big family trip last year and everyone STILL talks about Via Napoli but no one ever mentions Mama Melrose’s. LOL And I will echo what everyone else said about the easy on the eyes wait staff. My 13 year old goddaughter got a sore neck from craning around to check out all of the waiters as they passed.

Via Napoli was light years better than Mama Melrose’s in our experience, in both food and service. Of course, go look at the menus at AllEars.Net - The Unofficial Disney Vacation Planning Guide - Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line but Mama Melrose was like watered down, mediocre Italian, comparable to Fazoli’s (if you’re familiar with that). Like a small step below Olive Garden. The dessert at Via Napoli alone will bring us back!

We went to Via Napoli a couple of years ago and it was GREAT! I never tried Mama because the reviews were very mixed. My vote is Via Napoli.

We did both in June and LOVED both! We went to Mama’s for pasta and Via Napoli for pizza. If I had to choose one in would depend on the park I wanted to be in on a particular day.

i blame “Magic Mike” for this thread

Haha, Like Mike Like Mike :wub::angel:

You ladies are pigs. really.

We men are not eye candy, placed here for your entertainment. I am offended and ummm jealous.

No one mentioned me, I’ve been there, too.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1115281]You ladies are pigs. really.

We men are not eye candy, placed here for your entertainment. I am offended and ummm jealous.

No one mentioned me, I’ve been there, too.[/QUOTE]

Yes, well, that’s because we are still trying to erase the image from our mind.

:eek:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1115281]You ladies are pigs. really.

No one mentioned me, I’ve been there, too.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear, the magistrate’s had his feelings hurt.

I was jus’ sayin’…