Victoria & Albert's or California Grill

a close friend is going for his Honeymoon to Disney in October
(my wedding gift to him:laugh:) but he is looking for that one really nice dinner during his honeymoon…
I told him about these two restaurants, but I have not had the chance to eat at either one.
I was looking for some help on which one to pick…
they will be newly wedds, both early 30’s, and first time to Disney for both…

Thank you in advanced…

Victoria and Alberts sound like a nice choice for them.

Victoria & Albert’s for sure…quiet, romantic, great food, wonderful service…and no kids running around.

If they don’t want to bring a cocktail dress along with a jacket and tie, you won’t be dining at Victoria and Albert’s.
V&A is still Orlando’s only 5 star rated restaurant which means that California Grill isn’t.
The choice is yours.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1029362]If they don’t want to bring a cocktail dress along with a jacket and tie, you won’t be dining at Victoria and Albert’s.
V&A is still Orlando’s only 5 star rated restaurant which means that California Grill isn’t.
The choice is yours.[/QUOTE]

No true comparison between the choices, agreed. Victoria and Albert’s is above all else. Definitely for special occasions. (even without the puff and arrogance, if you know what I mean).

wow… I did not realize there was such a difference between the two…

Thank for your info…

We love V & A’s. Cali Grill is pretty cool, too.

But not the same, not close.

V & A all the way!! I love Cali Grill, but nothing compares to V&A- especially the Chef’s table.

I honestly can’t believe we haven’t eaten at V&A yet, but it’s nobody’s fault but mine.
One of these years…

Now see, it depends on your friend’s personality, because V&A would be stressful on dh, especially the chef’s table. He’s the type to enjoy a quiet evening with a little small talk, whereas the Chef’s table is full of conversation and seems a little busier than he would prefer.

Vickie and Al’s definitely, it is a meal and evening that they will never forget. Hey, even splurge for the chef’s table if you want an once in a lifetime experience.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1029488]I honestly can’t believe we haven’t eaten at V&A yet, but it’s nobody’s fault but mine.
One of these years…[/QUOTE]

I can not believe that - the connoisseur that you are: I say hobble on over this week and enjoy. Tell them I sent you.

(And pay off my tab.)

V&A about $500 with wine. VERY upscale and appreciated more in your 40-50’s IMO. CG about $200 with wine. GREAT in itself and watch behind the castle fireworks afterwards. Maybe more 30 something.

Read the fine print:

Don’t order the Kobe beef. It’s an additional $125/person.

Don’t order the ‘suggested’ wine pairing w/out checking the cost. (That was an $30/glass whoops by me x2)

Yes it’s an apple and orange (or better Rolls Royce and BMW) comparison. I KNOW Cal. Grill is excellent and I suspect V&A’s is pretty awesome on another level. Either would be an experience and could provide a good couple’s setting.

Do they enjoy that sorta thing? Dressing up and paying a week’s pay for a meal? If yes, then go there…if they are shorts and a polo kinda people who enojy a nice meal…cali grill.

I think we’re talking something like a fully loaded Mercedes S Class or a CLS and a Maybach 62 Zeppelin. Especially the Chef’s Table.
Note: if eating sushi at Cali Grill, the comparison would be either a fully loaded Lexus LS or an Infinati M versus the Maybach.

Maybach USA
Maybach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like the Mercedes to Maybach comparison because they are both the same company.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1029657]I think we’re talking something like a fully loaded Mercedes S Class or a CLS and a Maybach 62 Zeppelin. Especially the Chef’s Table.
Note: if eating sushi at Cali Grill, the comparison would be either a fully loaded Lexus LS or an Infinati M versus the Maybach.

Maybach USA
Maybach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like the Mercedes to Maybach comparison because they are both the same company.[/QUOTE]

Well said, SG.:smile:

Mmmmmm, Maybach 62 Zeppelin (by the way, 62 is part of the model number, not the year).
Bloody car costs more than I paid for my house (before the bubble burst:crying:)