Viewing illuminations

Which restaurant in Epcot can you view illuminations from. In other words, if I made like a 7:30 reservation, we would just finish up as they started, so we could sit and enjoy them.

Rose and Crown has the very best view. If you decide on a counter service restaurant try the Mexican restaurant.

So so true, but we’ve found that in Mexico some have tables staked out as early as 7:30 AND THEY AREN’T EVEN EATING:ohmy::angry:

Yes, the patio at Rose and Crown has an IllumiNations view. You’ll need to request the patio, though, and you might have to wait a bit longer for a table.

There’s also that table service restaurant in Mexico… Cantina something I think. :laugh: But those tables are sought out and tend to fill up quickly. I often see people just playing cards for hours, waiting for the fireworks while people who have purchased food have no place to sit and eat.

Only Rose and Crown, but be advised that all their tables are not directly on the water, unobstructed view, or even outside. It is just as likely that you’ll have to leave your table and move to one of the standing room only sections to the left of the bar, but still inside the perimeter of Rose and Crown.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;983166]
There’s also that table service restaurant in Mexico… Cantina something I think. :laugh: But those tables are sought out and tend to fill up quickly. I often see people just playing cards for hours, waiting for the fireworks while people who have purchased food have no place to sit and eat.[/QUOTE]

Cantina de San Angel, but as already noted, it’s quick serve and anyone can just plop down and stake out a table there, and many do without even getting food.

Here’s the menu, but do you really want a taco?

Cantina de San Angel Mexico Epcot

[QUOTE=Soundgod;983175]Cantina de San Angel, but as already noted, it’s quick serve and anyone can just plop down and stake out a table there, and many do without even getting food.

Here’s the menu, but do you really want a taco?

Cantina de San Angel Mexico Epcot[/QUOTE]

In 07 we showed at 8 for some taco’s & rita’s. Guess what, no empty tables and not a lot of eatin either. I went up and plopped myself down with my food in an empty seat at an “occupied” table by a non-eating 1 person and occupee just looked at me like I was crazy. I pleasantly said hello and that I needed a place to eat my dinner. (funny how those tasty beverages build courage to do strange things one normally wouldn’t do,lol) Ate my dinner then stood on the railing at 9 and enjoyed the show.

LOL good for you!

I was about to ask a similar question today…so if you don’t mind, I’ll just jump into this thread with my question.
We have ressies at 7PM at Bistro de Paris. Is there a view of Illuminations? The restaurant is upstairs, correct? If there’s no view, where would be the best place to view near France?

Too funny!! And what was their reaction :):laugh::laugh:

Watching Illuminations from inside any restaurant, even with a window seat, is always less than optimal. Unless the music is piped in, you won’t hear it very well, if even at all. Even if it is piped in, you don’t get the clear sound or the feel of the blast concussions and your vertical viewing will be restricted too (you won’t be able to see the really high stuff).
Bistro is on the second floor, but you don’t have big sheets of glass, like at Tokyo Dining, to look through.
I’d try to finish eating by 8:45 and watch from the bridge between England and France.
Also, if you head toward Morocco, right around Lantern 13 there’s some decent viewing, but I’d stop there before dinner or some other point during your vacation and scope out the border between France and Morocco just to be sure you find something without shoreline trees or islands between you and the fireworks barges.

Thanks, SoundGod! You’re most helpful! This is the first time DB has been without his kids, so I want to make sure it’s really special for him…wait, what am I saying…we will have just finished a nice bottle of wine and a great meal…he won’t care what kind of view he has:huh:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;983166]Yes, the patio at Rose and Crown has an IllumiNations view. You’ll need to request the patio, though, and you might have to wait a bit longer for a table.

There’s also that table service restaurant in Mexico… Cantina something I think. :laugh: But those tables are sought out and tend to fill up quickly. I often see people just playing cards for hours, waiting for the fireworks while people who have purchased food have no place to sit and eat.[/QUOTE]

These are both good. You can just sit inside at R&C. The servers have no problem with you leaving your table to step onto the patio and watch.

The Cantina is great with two caveats–you have to get a table on the railing really early and you may have to defend your territory against latecomers who think they can just walk up 2 minutes before the show and squeeze between your table and the rail (I guess thinking you weren’t there for the show). This has happened to us multiple times.

Since my DW has the disability pass now, we go to the handicap area which is excellent viewing.

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about! Nothing like courage in a bottle!!

He will when all that’s been going on for 5 minutes was the video globe and he can’t see it.

[QUOTE=gingles;983341]
Since my DW has the disability pass now, we go to the handicap area which is excellent viewing.[/QUOTE]

I’m very happy that Disney has set aside these viewing areas and that they truly do offer some of the better viewing opportunities. But the price of admission is more than any person or family should be forced to bear.
(In case anyone thinks I’m making a joke or being sarcastic, I’m not)

Good point…I’ll work on taking your advice and scope out a good viewing spot for him…fortunately, he’s 6’6"…so even if folks are in front of him, he can peer over them:glare: Or, maybe I just need to get him another glass of wine!

My best suggestion is to look at the bird’s eye view pictures of World Showcase Lagoon using Bing Maps. (bing.com/maps)

http://www.bing.com/maps/

Ignore the bit about downloading the 3D viewer. Just zoom down on Epcot.

I’d rather sit where the wheelchair people sit but dunno if we can. i have special needs but no wheelchair thankfully.

I’m not sure what the rules are, but I’d guess it’s likely that if you are on crutches or possibly even using a quad cane (4 feet) the CM would grant you entry. You can always ask once you’re there.