Villas?

I’ve heard so much about Villas at Disney- but what are they like? Are some better than others and how many people can they sleep?

I am trying both a two bedroom and a studio at OKW in october and will let you know when I get back. llama and a few others have stayed at a few and will be able to give you an opinion until then.

Ever since we became DVC members a few years back we’ve been able to stay in the vacation villas at different Disney resorts. If the Villas aren’t booked by DVC members, it is possible to reserve one just like a regular hotel room for non-members.

There’s different rooms ranging from studios to the one and two-bedroom villas. Studios have a small kitchen (very handy for breakfast), 1 bath, and 1 bed+a sleeper sofa. One and two bedroom villas provide a little extra space.

We’ve stayed in a studio at our home resort, the Villas at Wilderness Lodge many times and have also stayed a few times at Old Key West (entirely DVC Villas). Other resorts that have villas are the Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Saratoga Springs which I think is all Villas.

Villas are a nice option for families and usually are in separate buildings from the main resort with their own quiet pools. Hope that helps. :happy:

Most of the studios and one-bedroom villas can sleep 4, some 5 with an extra day bed.
We’ve stayed at the BC and BW villas, and have seen the WL Villas also. They look about all the same to me (Very Nice!)

We’ve stayed in the villas at WL twice and love it. You don’t have to be a DVC member to stay. They offer a studio, one bedroom or two bedroom option. We’ve only stayed in the one bedroom which worked out great for 2 adults and 2 teens, although one teen had to sleep on an aerobed.
We appreciated having a kitchen and a washer/dryer in the room, with teens you go through a LOT of clothes on a summer vacation!!!

The villas offer more room. That is the biggest attraction for us. I know the adage of not spending a lot of time in your room, but need coffee time in the mornings and a break in the afternoon. The space villas offer is great.

For families - especially with older kids - the one & two bedroom villas are ideal. They give you the space to spread out, two (or three) tvs, a dvd player, as well as having a full kitchen and washer/dryer. In the two bedroom you have two bathrooms.

It’s all a matter of preference. Some people regard their room as just a place to sleep. Some regard it as a part of the whole Disney experience and enjoy time at the villa too. They do spoil you.