Vintage Disney Watches?

I was in a jewelry store in Grand Cayman (Kirk Freeport to be specific) when I noticed a Donald Duck watch in the display box. It was the old artwork and looked pretty dated - there were several of two styles (white and turquoise). The box was yellowed and cracked with the age. The salesperson noticed my interest in the watches and asked if I’d like to try one on. I examined the boxes and noticed that the artwork was copyrighted by the Walt Disney Company. When asked how old, the salesperson said no more than a year (the box was yellow with age…). He must’ve noticed our looks and changed it to ten years (mmm… i’m thinking 80s maybe). I didn’t care - I wanted the watch. It was marked $32, but he sold it to me for $12.

Anyway, now that I’m home, I’m curious as to how old the watch really is. The packaging included a sheet guaranteeing “your apollo quartz.” The address included is to the U.K. …

Has anyone researched vintage Disney items before? I’m trying Google, but so far I’ve had no luck. Help?

See if it is one of the one slisted on ebay:

donald duck watches, Jewelry Watches, Collectibles items on eBay.com

[QUOTE=MissDisney;921137]See if it is one of the one slisted on ebay:

donald duck watches, Jewelry Watches, Collectibles items on eBay.com[/QUOTE]

No, but the white one I didn’t buy is on there - GENUINE NOS VINTAGE WALT DISNEY DONALD DUCK WRISTWATCH - eBay (item 260336649329 end time Jan-21-09 21:13:21 PST)

$50??? Steal!

Says it’s from 2000… not as old as I was hoping. Maybe the heat in Grand Cayman caused the box to weather quicker? Or maybe that date’s wrong?

I almost got that one because it looked older, therefore possibly more valuable, but mine is cuter - something I’d actually wear.

How about this:

Disney Donald Duck watch & Blue leather band - Disney Watches Mini Clocks

Cute but not the one - I’ll post a pic. :happy:

Sorry they’re kind of blurry - I had to turn the flash off because of the glare.

Wow, I love it!

thats a relly nice looking watch! I think it was a bargain one way or another!