Virgin Megastore Closes May 31st

Further signs of things not good. The Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney will officially close it’s doors for good on May 31st. The largest store in the Southeast. Virgin is closing many, MANY of it’s stores, and this is another effect of it. So if you like the store, well, hope you will like whatever it gets converted into.

Are they having clearance/liquidation sales now at the store? My husband said and I quote “I’m going to hit that up!!” LOL – he’s always brought something new home from there every trip… No souveniers for him… just cd’s and dvd’s lol

Yes, they are having sales. We were there March 5, and there was alot of clearance. The staff at that time didn’t know when they were closing. It’s too bad my DS loves this store.:noo:

I am going to miss them. They are closing the ones in the city too. :sad:
By the time we go to the one at DTD the good stuff will be gone.

Ours are already long gone! I heard that ESPN are having the building is that correct? its a big building to fill whoever has it.

Oh and another thought our early morning flight check in with Virgin Atlantic is done from behind the Virgin mega store I wonder if that will change too?

[QUOTE=dixie;943040]I heard that ESPN are having the building is that correct? its a big building to fill whoever has it.
[/QUOTE]

I heard this as well, but it sounded like a rumor. I’ve also heard speculation that it will somehow be chopped into smaller spaces for multiple new stores.

Bruce

[QUOTE=brumcg;943058]I heard this as well, but it sounded like a rumor. I’ve also heard speculation that it will somehow be chopped into smaller spaces for multiple new stores.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

I guess that’s more likely as it is such a huge space, perhaps ESPN will have a part of the new building then.

[QUOTE=dixie;943040]Ours are already long gone! I heard that ESPN are having the building is that correct? its a big building to fill whoever has it.

Oh and another thought our early morning flight check in with Virgin Atlantic is done from behind the Virgin mega store I wonder if that will change too?[/QUOTE]

The restaurant? If so, that would be great. The one at BW is very small.:wacko:

Ahhh darn!! My DD loves going in there the music freak she is!!

My whole family can spend hours in that store. I’m really bumed:(

I loved that store. They had the most unique books and band merch. It was an awesome part of DTD.

Something equally as awesome better take up it’s spot. Or else theres no real reason for my family to go to that side of DTD. lol.

Daniel is going to be SOOOOOO dissapointed that it’s closing before we go in June. He LOVES Virgin Megastore & could spend hours in there. :sad: [Sigh] I really hope something GREAT gets put there!

A thought occurred to me that we always do our flight check in at Virgin mega store as we fly Virgin Atlantic. I wonder if they will continue to do so or if it will move? Behind Virgin megastore was an area with a check in desk and a small office, so I guess a move is probably what will happen.

OMG, dixie, you fly Virgin. How nice is that?

And…good question. I wonder what you find out

I love that store I can’t believe their closing it!! IT some of the most amazing funky tee’s and bags and books! I could spend hours in there just mooching about! Hope they make it into something fantastic !

I am so bummed about this. I always made a special visit to DTD every trip to check out Virgin Megastore. :crying:

It is too bad, a trip to the store was one one of the boys “traditions” at WDW.

A larger ESPN venue would be good though, we’ve never pulled off a dinner there because it’s always been too busy.