Visit in March

We are contemplating going to WDW during spring break 2011. I know that this will be a crowded time, but the last time we visited was at the end of June in 08. I would like to hear from anyone who has visited during spring break. I am sure that it will not be as hot as it is during the middle of summer. I am also anticipating that crowds will be big as they are during the summer. I look forward to hearing about your experiences and advice. Thanks!!:goofybounce:

I have found that the weather is great in March plus the parks are usually open later for spring break which helps with the crowds. Don’t let the spring break time scare you away, my dk’s loved it plus being at the resort there are alot of kids their age to meet and play with around the pools.

When in March? Early March will not be too crowded, but the latter weeks will be more crowded. The temps will be in the 70s at the highest (usually). It is fabulous weather! It can get cool at night, and if it is windy-it is cold… (but so worth that time of year!

We loved March. I don’t remember if it was Spring Break or not. That’s how much we loved it.

We were in WDW in early April 2009, the week before Good Friday.
It was unseasonably cold and terribly crowded.

It all depends when in March. THis year we had some cold days, followed by a string of 75-80 degree days at the end. The first weekend was jammed, second empty. It all depends when different school systems schedule their break.

We were there during Spring Break the week before Easter last year. It was wonderful. Touring Plans had us at a crowd level 10 for four days out of our trip, but we really lucked out with timing. First off, it was at the end of March, and the weather was perfect. Secondly, when you go during those busy times, make sure you have a Park Hopper ticket. I remember one day, we were on the monorail from BLT going to MK. When we pulled up, it was totally crazy at the entrance, so we stayed on the monorail, went back to BLT and caught the boat to Fort Wilderness to explore and then we went on to Epcot from there. Come to find out, that day, MK was so crowded, they closed entry around noon. We never knew it because Epcot was wonderful. Not crazy crowded at all. In fact, I compared our last August trip much more crowded than Spring Break. It’s just about having the attitude of flexibility. Go with the flow. If one park is bad, hop on transportation and go elsewhere, including resort hopping. Very enjoyable to explore.

Beth, two things.
What were the exact dates you were there last April, because between April 6 and April 8 it was terrible.
Also, the monorail doesn’t go to BLT. From day one, it has gone directly through the Contemporary Hotel (now Resort).
I do wonder why you detoured to Fort Wilderness and didn’t just go directly to Epcot.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1040171]Beth, two things.
What were the exact dates you were there last April, because between April 6 and April 8 it was terrible.
Also, the monorail doesn’t go to BLT. From day one, it has gone directly through the Contemporary Hotel (now Resort).
I do wonder why you detoured to Fort Wilderness and didn’t just go directly to Epcot.[/QUOTE]

We arrived March 27th and left April 3rd. And, seeing BLT is the sister of Contemporary with the walk linking them together, it’s considered in my mind the same. It’s just that we stayed at BLT, but utilized the Contemporary for transportation.

As far as going directly to Epcot. That’s the point I wanted to make, going with the flow. We had never seen Ft. Wilderness, so got some good exploring in the morning. Not one other person was on the boat with us heading over there. Once we got to see the horses, and the layout of Ft. Wilderness, we looked at each other and asked what’s next…“let’s go to Epcot.” So, in the quick moment that we decided to stay on the monrail, it wasn’t really important to get to another park, but to enjoy Disney in its fullest exploring.

In 2011 Easter is not until later in April which will work in your favor for your March spring break. I would go for sure.

We have been twice during our spring break (end of March - 1st week of April) and it was CROWDED both times, but the weather was great - shorts & a light jacket in the evenings. We went in December twice and froze to death, but the rides were walk-ons. We are shooting for October our next trip - hoping for the best of the weather and low attendance :slight_smile:

I have done Spring break…once. It was not for me. I don’t have the patience for the mass crowds. If it was the only time a year I could swing a trip there, I would do it. If you utilize AM EMH and tour smartly, it shouldn’t be that bad. I honestly wouldn’t do it unless it was my only option, but again, I have no patience for people.