VMCP ended already?

Did I understand it right when I saw that the 18th was the last VMCP for the season???
Why do they shut it down so early???
Frank

Because the week between Xmas and New Years, the 3pm parade becomes the Holiday Parade, the fireworks, Holiday Wishes and it snows on Main Street every night! Also, all the holiday stage shows happen too. No need for the extra ticket! :happy:

The only thing you DON’T GET is the hot coco and cookies. (but you can still buy that!)

>>No need for the extra ticket!<<
We went at the beginning of Dec. Seemed that half the people along MainSt for the parade didn’t get the “extra ticket.”<g> People told me they had dinner, shopped along Main St and waited for the parade and fireworks. Oh well…
Frank

Really?? Well I was there Friday and they were checking wristbands like CRAZY. I must have been asked a dozen times or more! The parade is at 8:15pm so that means they managed to stay an extra hour!! :ohmy:

Well, it is VERY crowded now . . . with the party you do get the lower crowds too.

They checked wrist bands only if you tried to get past a “checkpoint” that was positioned at the top of MainSt by Casey’s. Other then that, you could hang around MainSt and no one “noticed.” <g>
Frank

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1009112]
The only thing you DON’T GET is the hot coco and cookies. (but you can still buy that!)[/QUOTE]

Well, you don’t get the extras that are added to party night versions of Holiday Wishes.

[QUOTE=fjs08;1009116]They checked wrist bands only if you tried to get past a “checkpoint” that was positioned at the top of MainSt by Casey’s. Other then that, you could hang around MainSt and no one “noticed.” <g>
Frank[/QUOTE]

I tried that during a Pirate and Princess Party once and it was extremely hard to remain even on Main Street. If you were in the hub, you had to keep moving in order to not get caught by CMs checking wrist bands. I only wanted to tape the fireworks and leave. I felt so much pressure that I knew I wasn’t going to make 9:30 without some sort of credentials. I went to City Hall and persuaded a CM to give me a complimentary ticket (I just wanted a wrist band so I wouldn’t get kicked out. I was driving home right after fireworks and knew I wouldn’t be walking in my front door at least until 1, so I had no interest in going on rides or doing anything else.) I got lucky.
On party nights, guests without wrist bands are not even allowed into the Main Street shops on your way out of the park. Several doors are locked and CMs are stationed at all open doors to check and eject if you don’t have that night’s wrist band.

>>Several doors are locked and CMs are stationed at all open doors to check and eject if you don’t have that night’s wrist band.<<

Wow…I personally didn’t notice that happening, but I really didn’t look. During the day, I did ask a bunch of people wearing the shirts you buy only at the Party how they liked it and then they confessed they bought the shirts, but didn’t “really” go to the “party.”
Frank

really?! at the mnsshp i didn’t get asked once for my wristband. but then again i was wearing a short sleeve shirt…:ph34r:

Frank, it’s possible that the shirts were put out for sale before park closing at 7 PM.

>>Frank, it’s possible that the shirts were put out for sale before park closing at 7 PM<<

ROFL… NO. I have the bruises to prove it<G>. It was a mad house at 7pm.
They had them in the back room of the Emporium on MainSt. They rolled out the shirts, cups, etc, and everyone stormed the rack.
Frank