Vote For Give Kids the World - $250k Pepsi prize

One of the MOST special places that really helps make those wishes come true for kids fighting life threatening diseases is Give Kids the World Village!

Welcome to Give Kids The World

This themed village is home to most of our wish kids that go to visit the Mouse and all of the Princesses. It cost them NOTHING and it blows me away every single time I get to visit there. From the Hall of Wishes where every kid gets star on the ceiling, the resturant where you can have ice cream anytime - even for breakfast, the game room, movie hall, the pools and fishing pond, and even the chapel it’s hard to keep a dry eye when you see what a wonderful job this amazing place and the army of volunteers does week after week.

Disney sends characters twice and we had one little princess that enjoyed the village so much that they had to REALLY work hard to convince her to leave…there was more to see - namely the Magic Kingdom!

Pepsi is running a contest, and GKTW is in the running for $250k! Your vote can help. You can vote one time a day.

GKTW: Program funds for 7,000 children with life-threatening illnesses | Pepsi Refresh Everything

Thanks so much fellow Buzzers!

Ranked 11th? Nonsense!!! Let’s make GKTW number 1!!!

This is amazing. I will definitely be voting!

Just voted and set up a shortcut icon on my screen to vote daily.

The #1 vote total to date is for a weight room for a HS in Michigan. Not kidding.

COME ON MB’ers, VOTE NOW!!!

I voted! This is so worthwhile. I worked with a local family that had a wonderful experience for their 5-yr-old son who has cancer. I loved looking at their photo album and hearing about their experience. It was so awesome for them!

Good luck GKTW!!

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1036678]Just voted and set up a shortcut icon on my screen to vote daily.

The #1 vote total to date is for a weight room for a HS in Michigan. Not kidding.

COME ON MB’ers, VOTE NOW!!![/QUOTE]

For real… the leaders are lame causes.

A weight room? I’m sorry, but I think children with life-threatening diseases are a little more important than a high school weight room. :angry: And number 2 is to create a collection of animated educational films for children. That’s like… a business! They’re going to profit from that!!! And, it’s not like we don’t have enough educational films, already… :glare:

I will vote everyday

I voted and linked it to my Facebook page!! Go MBer’s!! I work with a mom with 2 children that have been able to visit Disney World through this program! With all of their medical expenses there is no way they could afford to go otherwise!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1036686]For real… the leaders are lame causes.

A weight room? I’m sorry, but I think children with life-threatening diseases are a little more important than a high school weight room. :angry: And number 2 is to create a collection of animated educational films for children. That’s like… a business! They’re going to profit from that!!! And, it’s not like we don’t have enough educational films, already… :glare:[/QUOTE]

I agree. Educational films are great but there are all ready so many! We just have to keep voting so a program like this one gets its chance! :happy:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1036678]Just voted and set up a shortcut icon on my screen to vote daily.

COME ON MB’ers, VOTE NOW!!![/QUOTE]

Great idea. Doing the same.

GKTW Village hosts well over 7,000 wish kids each and every year!

I voted! That definitely should be #1!!

I can’t find where to vote:(

It’s on the right side of the banner under the “In the running for $250k”

I voted too and added the link to my facebook account. I know alot of my friends will think this is such a worthy cause and will support it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Done and saved to do it again tomorrow.
I’ll send it to my family to help out.

Me too, that way I won’t forget!

Lisa

All.
Just found out you can vote more than once a day. Just went in and out of the site 5 times during a late lunch.

Grr… I posted this on the DISboards in several locations (Teen Board, Creative DISigns, Theme Park Community, Dis Unplugged, Community) and only got two responses (teen board).

I thought for sure the DISigners would check it out since I’m a DISigner. :frown:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1036909]Grr… I posted this on the DISboards in several locations (Teen Board, Creative DISigns, Theme Park Community, Dis Unplugged, Community) and only got two responses (teen board).

I thought for sure the DISigners would check it out since I’m a DISigner. :frown:[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen the information posted on a couple of boards over there (DVC and another one) so the information is getting out there.

Well that’s good. It just wasn’t as viral as I was hoping. They need to put it in the Updates box at the top. This is a big deal!!!