Wait list good news and a bit of a rant

For out trip in Dec, my DH and I were at SSR. (Home resort) At seven months we tried to move days to BCV or BWV. We got 6 nights at BCV but was still at SSR for 5 nights. So we did the wait list for BCV and BWV. After checking several times (like 10,000 times:laugh:) a CM suggested instead of doing a 5 night wait list at BCV try doing just the last night. So we left the 5 nights at BWV and 1 night at BCV. After a few weeks, we got the one night, so we readjusted the wait lists. We just got another night at BCV. So now we are doing 3 nights at SSR and 8 nights BCV. So far so good.

Now the rant. My DH and I have a room, my DD and family have a room, and my DS and wife have a room. Almost everytime I call, I’m questioned why we (my DH and I) have a room at SSR/BCV and BLT. Today I got a call from MS about the one night coming thru but no one could understand why I have a room at SSR AND BLT. So they called because they didn’t know what to do. Is it so unusual to have more than one room booked with DVC?

It sounds like they are just making sure that there is no error and that you weren’t accidentally booked for two different resorts on the same night. It actually sounds like they are on the ball and trying to “protect” you. Take it as a positive thing!

Today was the first time for a phone call from them, but I’ve made several to them and have been questioned about the rooms almost every time. Yesterday a CM told me several times my room at SSR was the 6 to the 11, I 'd said no…“wait, that for BLT, I was looking at the wrong thing”. It just doesn’t give much confidence when I have to explain things to them.

Wait, I’m confused (sorry)…why DO you have rooms at both places? :laugh: I understand the SSR/BCV thing, but you also have a room booked at BLT at the same time? :blush: Sorry I feel like I misunderstood something!

There are three rooms and three groups of people.
DH and I ------SSR/BCV 3/8 days
DD and family----BLT 5 days
DS and wife------BLT 3 days

It’s not even the same last name for all rooms. But it is the same contract.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;977814]There are three rooms and three groups of people.
DH and I ------SSR/BCV 3/8 days
DD and family----BLT 5 days
DS and wife------BLT 3 days

It’s not even the same last name for all rooms. But it is the same contract.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh!! Okay I gotcha now. :happy:

I’m sure it’s frustrating that you have to explain it to them every time! I don’t think it seems so out of the ordinary to have different rooms at the same time. I wonder if you’ll eventually talk to a forward-thinking CM who can put a note on the reservations or something? Anything to help prevent future calls from being frustrating!

The CM today did say “there were no notes on the reservation”. So maybe next time I call, I’ll ask if something can be added.

Yeah I would think they can put some sort of explanation on there!

It would be very unsettling to feel like your reservations were constantly being questioned!