Wake-up Call from a character

When we stayed at POR a few weekends ago we had a wake-up call every morning. All it was though was the phone ringing. When we answered there was nothing…no person…no character…nothing.

How do you get the character wake-up call??? I wanted ds to answer it and hear one of his favorites on the other end.

Did you hang on the line for a second before hanging up? I noticed there was sometimes a slight delay before Stitch or Mickey started talking.

Otherwise, there could have been a technical problem. That’s all I can think of. :huh:

Good question. You’d think that a character waking you would be standart fare at Disney. Maybe the thing was broken since no one was on the other end.

The “dead line” thing has happened to me a couple of times, too. It’s weird, but I never thought too much about it (must be that “no kids” thing).

how do you get a wake up call from the characters…

There are instructions right on the resort room phone. You dial in and then punch up the time you’d like the phone to ring. Last time I was there, it was a recording of Mickey and Stitch.

Maybe it was Mutey, the “eighth” dwarf. :laugh:

I stayed on the phone about 10 seconds or so the first morning like a goof-ball saying “hello hello” . lol The second morning I just picked up the phone, heard nothing, and hung-up.

I will try it again in December.

There is nothing like being aroused from a deep,post park commando slumber by Stitch yelling into your ear!! It certainly gets you roused and ready for the day!!

December? You get to try that again in December? Lucky woman

I always have wondered if it’s voice activated because we sometimes get a dead line too.

as many times as i have been down there, i have never noticed that. i guess you learn to ignore those card after a while. i will have to try it when i go in december. is there a charge for it?

as far as i know, no there is no charge, it’s a complimentary service. i have used it just about every time that i’ve been to WDW and never had a problem. always heard mickey in the morning, lol. the last time i was at WDW was in Oct 2004…this is why i say “as far as i know there is no charge for it” because maybe it’s changed since the last time i was there, but i really don’t think so!! :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We got a wakeup call everyday of our vacation a few weeks ago and one time there was no one on the other line. I bet it’s just a technical thing.

We go to WDW about 3-4 times a year. We are about 2.5-3 hrs away from WDW. I am actually thinking about taking a semi-spontaneous trip Oct 21st. Just for one night. Shhhh, dont tell dh…I havent really mentioned it to him yet. It depends on $$ and what happens with my dog (he is 11 yrs old and has to have surgery again this week…we may have to make some big decisions regarding his well-being soon).

But we definitely are going Dec 1st weekend.

Oh Cara, sorry about your dog. I hope everything goes well with the surgery. Hope you have a great time next trip. Btw, Stitch is still “encouraging” guests to “Wake UP!!! NO SLEEPING!!!”

I would just ask the hotel people to set it up. :happy:

David

:laugh: You kill me! :laugh:

Sounds cool. I always thought you could request a character wake up for a specail occasion only? I never realised that you could have one every day just because you want one! I am gonna do this for my DD on our next trip!

You can also get a character Happy Birthday call!

This happened a couple of times to us, but i think it was DT that gave us a good tip that really works!
We normally set our wakeup call for something like 8:00 or 8:30 or 10:30 whatever…but so do half a gabillion other people and somedays we got dead air (once we evn got non-disney music!)
but then we tried setting it for like 8:34 and it worked.