Walk up 'reservations'

I’ve been trying for a month to grab a reservation for Ohana for the first night of our stay next month. It’s my gf’s favorite restaurant and I’ll be :heart:proposing:heart: to her earlier in the night!

What do you think are our chances of walking up around 9:30PM and grabbing a table for two? It’s worked for us in the past, but not for such a popular restaurant.

We hardly ever get AP’s but Ohana is always a long wait for walks up because it is so popular. I would suggest getting an AP.

First, CONGRATULATIONS early, that will be an awesome night. I would say keep trying, don’t give up. I would have a back up plan though, Kona Cafe is right next door and I’ve read nothing but great reviews so maybe book that one just in case.

I’d keep trying! There is always such a wait there, even with ADR’s sometimes. We’ve had luck with checking back daily, multiple times, in the past. Good luck and Best Wishes!

Congratulations!:happy: I think I would try for an ADR, considering the circumstances. Chances are you’re going to be a little nervous, so you don’t want to be worrying about reservations. If you can’t get one at 'Ohana, maybe go with a second choice. Speaking as a woman (who was proposed to in the middle of a dept. store.:dry:) maybe she might enjoy a setting that is a little more intimate.

I bet it was a very lovely department store though:happy:

Keep trying, people cancel ressies all the time. If Ohana is what she wants, then try try try again, and if all else fails Kona is fab too. Congratulations by the way:heart:

I would speak to someone in reservations… I am sure they could make this work…Congratulations…

Keep trying, I have been trying to change a Chef Mickey’s reservation for a month now for our Sept trip and just got it last night. I checked online once to several times a day as time permits…probably a little obsessive :blush::laugh:

I’d try calling the restaurant directly too - they have a manager who might be able to hook you up. It can’t hurt to ask!

Also, we’ve had very good luck for same day ADR’s. Call from the resort that day - but try with that manager first.

Okay, I’m unethical and sneaky. You may all burn me in effigy. :laugh:

Have you tried getting an ADR for 3 or 4? Tables for two are very limited.

Oh, really? (she said blandly). I was proposed to at Disneyland. Ho-hum…

:ph34r::laugh:

Where ARE you proposing, MPPT?

[QUOTE=Andrea;1085976]Oh, really? (she said blandly). I was proposed to at Disneyland. Ho-hum…

:ph34r::laugh:

Where ARE you proposing, MPPT?[/QUOTE]

Me too:happy:

[QUOTE=MegaPowersPT;1085926]I’ve been trying for a month to grab a reservation for Ohana for the first night of our stay next month. It’s my gf’s favorite restaurant and I’ll be :heart:proposing:heart: to her earlier in the night!

What do you think are our chances of walking up around 9:30PM and grabbing a table for two? It’s worked for us in the past, but not for such a popular restaurant.[/QUOTE]

I have been able to do this a few times. Be at the Polynesian by 4:30 and ask for a walk up at the podium. You may have to wait to get a table, but your chances are good. I’d give you a 75% chance of getting one.

Hey, that make sense. I would try it. I mean, you really wouldn’t be lying if you made if for three…you, fiance’ and the ring!

Thanks for the response, everyone. We’ve never stayed at Poly, but its our favorite resort and we visit every trip. My early plans are to propose along the water just before Wishes starts and because she loves Ohana I really wanted to go there if possible.

I’ll keep trying!

I agree with Andrea and Bethishooked try for a table of three. If your staying on Disney Property I would try and call the hotel or Ohana directly and explain the situation. Disney seems to like to make special memories, and they might help you out in this situation. Good luck getting your ressie and congratulations on your future engagement.

Sneek off and talk to the concierge(sp) desk and see if they can help you find a ressie when you check in. Let them know what you are doing and they might be able to work a little ‘magic’ for you.

Congrats.

Now how much is it worth for us to keep quiet? :laugh:

DEFINITELY call the concierge desk and explain. I’m betting that they will work some magic. They can also check on the time for wishes.