Walking HS to Epcot?

Has anyone ever walked from HS to Epcot on the path between them? How long did it take,how far, and what do you see? Never been this way before by foot or boat.

Sorry hit the button to many times

It’s really quite a pleasant walk. Nothing fancy to see, but foliage and a nice change from the bustle of a park to meander on over. I’d say the walk from HS to the Boardwalk took maybe 15 minutes? Picked up a sangria at the Boardwalk and then headed over to Epcot which was probably 5 to 10 minutes depending on our pace. I think its a good idea to experience. You’ll enjoy it more if you are in a go with the flow mood rather than cammando.

We walk it often. It’s quite pretty walking along the river. I’m in the minority but I hate the boat transportation at WDW. The diesel smell makes me ill, they are incredibly noisy and incredibly slow. So I prefer to walk.

Beth is right. Walking will take about 15 minutes to the Boardwalk, from the Boardwalk to Epcot takes about 5.

+1 on the walk. On a pretty day it can be quite nice. Particularly with the stop off at the Boardwalk :closedeye

I don’t mind the boat, they do smell a little of diesel, ( so does my buddies Mercedes ), they are a bit loud, but if your dogs are barking it is a great way to put them up for a little bit as you gently drift past the resorts. :pirate:

-H

I’d say it’ll take more like 25 minutes to do the whole walk unless you’re pushing it. But you will beat the boat. There have been many times when trying to race between the two parks (always DHS to Epcot) that I would take theboat from DHS to Swolphin’s dock and then walk to Epcot from there. There is a different alternative, there is a direct bus between Epcot and DHS. Just keep in mind that if you want to go to World Showcase, the International Gateway + walk or boat is better while if your destination is Future World, you’ll want the bus. By the way, currently, all Disney Transport watercraft are diesel powered.

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1131050]+1 on the walk. On a pretty day it can be quite nice. Particularly with the stop off at the Boardwalk :closedeye

I don’t mind the boat, they do smell a little of diesel, ( so does my buddies Mercedes ), they are a bit loud, but if your dogs are barking it is a great way to put them up for a little bit as you gently drift past the resorts. :pirate:

-H[/QUOTE]

I have a diesel Jetta - and you’d think I’d hate that - but I can’t smell the diesel at all - I just know that by the time I’ve been on those boats for five minutes I’m feeling so queasy and I just want to scream because I KNOW I could drive those things more efficiently and faster.:laugh: I don’t think we’ve ever made it all the way back to Boardwalk or Beach Club - we get off at the Swalphin and walk - and always beat the boat.

Thanks everyone, looks like we are in for a nice walk.

We enjoy the walk between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It’s relaxing and a nice break from crowds and it’s usually quicker than the boats.

We’ve done the walk many times. But if the boat is just about there and not too many people in line, we go for the boat. I wish there was a few benches along the way, not because we are exhausted, but it’s just nice to sit by the water.

If it takes about 25 minutes, would you say it’s about a mile or so? Just wondering if it’s something that would relax us, (if it’s a leisurely 25 minutes) or make us more tired if we just switching parks to see the fireworks or make an ADR.

It’s not a relaxed 25 minutes. It’s really hauling and hoofing. Luckily, most of the way is flat. I’ll come back and edit in how long the exact walk is from gate to gate in a while.

Thanks very much!

Well, never mind editing my earlier post because you’ve already seen it.
Anyway, it’s about 1.33 miles from International Gateway to DHS main gates. And you need to go by way of the Boardwalk, it’s shorter.
Speaking of going from one park to the other for fireworks and dining, it only works when you’re doing a 7:30 Fantasmic, Illuminations at its normal 9:00 time, and dining after (usually at Flying Fish but Big River is seats later). I’ve also done this with 8:00 shows, but it’s very tight and you should plan to get no farther than the “English Channel” bridge. You can make DTD for your ADR via the bus from Beach or Boardwalk, but you’ll be biting your nails. It’s next to impossible to do Illuminations and then Fantasmic. You’d have to watch from the “English Channel” bridge and be moving as soon as the last shells explode and Fantasmic MUST be at 10 PM.
What I’ve done many times is catch the early Fantasmic (if it’s late December through January it could be as early as 7 and perhaps even 6:30) and then head to Epcot one of two ways. Mostly I’ve grabbed a Friendship to the Swolphin and gotten off and walked the rest of the way. I think most of the times, I’ve walked the two bridges and then stayed on the Yacht/Beach side. There’s a bit of a shortcut through the Dolphin’s ground floor, but I can’t easily explain it.

WOW, thanks very much for all the details. I think I might print your post to keep as instructions. LOL!

Well the family knows we will be walking a new path this year. DH just gives me the look because this year I changed somethings. Thanks for the help

You can definitely walk it faster. I kinda like the boat. Whenever I am going from DHS to Epcot, I am normally not in a rush and don’t mind the pleasant ride. If I were in a rush, I would walk it because I most definitely can walk is faster.

I know almost everyone can walk it faster than the Friendships because there are so many no wake zones where you have to crawl. I have literally been alongside the boat and was able to keep up or pass it on foot. And don’t forget those three stops, including Swolphin, which is in a kind of cul de sac that makes it impossible to follow a straight line. The stops probably add 20 minutes to the ride.

That’s why I go to such detail.:cool: