Walkways?

Does anyone know if you can get to Epcot from Caribbean Beach without using the buses?

There are no walk ways from Epcot to CBR, you’ll have to use the bus system or drive. By leaving through the back gate at Epcot you can walk to the Swan/Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk.

No, they are too far apart, and there are not walkways on the sides of the roads at WDW… Stuff is too spread out. Plus, if you spend the entire day walking at Epcot, you might want a bus to take you to the hotel…

Last year we stayed at Riverside and had a lot of time spent riding the bus. This year we would love to avoid them as much as possible. My daughter starts her first year in college so staying in Deluxe is alittle to much right now. Moderate works better but then we are back to the bus problem. Any ideas?

The moderates all rely mainly on buses for transportation, you have to move up to deluxe resort before you get more options. Have you priced out a rental car?

No but bussing at CBR is pretty good.

We stayed at CBR last March. You only have busing as a travel option, however it is very close to many attractions and a very short ride to Epcot. Much better than walking.
When we are tired of the bus system, we like to use cabs to go to/from the parks etc. If you stay at a resort centrally located, the cab rides are very inexpensive. They are a huge time-saver, and great for the end of a long park day with tired kids too.
The cab will deliver you as close as possible to your room in the resort as well. Last year at CBR we were in the Pirate rooms in the furthest spot from our bus stop, so it saved a lot of walking to have our cab take us right to our building.
We usually stay in Moderate Resorts, so our favs are POFQ and POR for the option of their boat to DTD. DTD seems to be a popular spot for us to visit many times on one trip and we like the change of pace.

I love the bus system! It’s so conveient! We usually stay at POP and we have only ever had to wait a long time for a bus or had a problem with the buses once and that was the year we stayed at Movies… disaster!

But I guess it really all depends on the resort!

Thanks for the input. If we go deluxe we add $500 to the bill. Add $250 if we stay moderate and rent a car. I do like the taxi idea and seem less expensive than the others since we would not have to use them all the time. Probably would go deluxe over rental car, or taxis if we want to save money. Now we just have to decide which one will work best for us. Thanks again!

If you don’t like using the buses, I’d strongly advise renting a car. Start now and you can probably find a good deal. We got a great deal with Avis this December/January. If you still want to use Magical Express to and from the airport, National has a outlet right on Disney property and almost all the other rental companies have outlets at the hotels at Downtown Disney. You could take Magical Express to your resort, then either use the bus to downtown Disney, or take a cab to pick up your car. (as noted, cab fares from the resorts are very reasonable). Or, of course, you can pick it up at the airport. To us, the car is invaluable. Not only for getting to the parks, but if you have ADRs at other resorts it’s so much easier to have a car than to rely on bus transportation. The only time we don’t use the car is to go to the MK - then it’s much easier to rely on the bus.

Rent a car.
And if you booked through AAA you can ask for their Diamond pass for parking. If you are not using a package you can buy 1 ticket from AAA and still get the pass. It puts you in the prefered AAA parking area right next to the handicap area. Great for getting into or out of the parks quickly.

I think the last time we took a taxi from AKL to the Poly and it was about $28 before tip, just as a guide for your planning. After dinner we didn’t want to mess with the bus on a full/bloated stomach!

If you visit mousesavers, there is good information about current discounts on resorts and rental cars.

NO!

I’m guessing by now, this has already been posted, but I’ll repeat anyway.
The only hotels that you can walk to parks from are the Contemporary to MK (There is no walkway from Poly or GF that reach MK.) and the 5 deluxe Epcot resorts on Crescent Lake (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk) which pretty much have a private entrance at Epcot’s International Gateway and a long protected walkway that connects the Crescent Lake resort area to DHS.
The rest of the resorts lack walkways that reach any of the parks. In fact, most roads in WDW lack walkways and it is considered unsafe to walk most places in WDW.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1014239]Rent a car.
And if you booked through AAA you can ask for their Diamond pass for parking. If you are not using a package you can buy 1 ticket from AAA and still get the pass. It puts you in the prefered AAA parking area right next to the handicap area. Great for getting into or out of the parks quickly.[/QUOTE]

We always use AAA and we get the Diamond pass. Here’s my problem with it. If the spaces are pretty full, your walking ALONG way to get to the main gate :mad: It’s almost worth it to park in the regular parking lot and take the tram to the front gate. Especially at HS.

nope-you have to ride the bus or you can rent a car. we always drive down so we have our car to take us everywhere. its easier and you don’t have to wait on a bus to get there!

No, you just have to deal with parking at all the parks and then waiting for trams to take you to the main gate instead of having a bus drop you at the main gate (and MK is the worst because you have to tram to the TTC and then take a train or ferry to the main gate).
The only park I drive to when I’m staying on property is AK.