Wall-e to ROAM Disney California Adventure

Animatronic Wall-E robot coming to Disney’s California Adventure - Travel - LATimes.com

Animatronic Wall-E robot coming to Disney’s California Adventure

A real-world mobile audio-animatronic Wall-E robot will roam around Disney’s California Adventure and interact with theme park visitors later this year, according to the monthly newsletter mailed to Disneyland Annual Passholders.

“Be sure to keep your Visual Input Devices (also known as ‘eyes’) peeled as you play in the park this summer,” reported the Backstage Pass newsletter. “You might just catch a glimpse of the newest Pixar pal mingling with our human guests. Of course, Wall-E’s in-park appearances are subject to change without notice.”

The adorable remote-controlled, 3-foot-tall robot built by Walt Disney Imagineering has been spotted on the streets of Los Angeles and at a Philadelphia science center, but the Mouse House has remained mum on future theme park visits by Wall-E.

According to video of the real-world robot, the animatronic Wall-E rolls on his tread feet, moves his arms and hands, tilts his head, blinks his eyes and responds to questions in his own E.T.-like language.

Don’t expect to see Wall-E at California Adventure until long after the Disney-Pixar computer-animated movie opens in theaters June 27. The animatronic robot’s schedule becomes more booked every day with television interviews and a planned world tour.

— Brady MacDonald, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

OH my gosh, that would be SO awesome. I really think my husband would be beyond excited, he’s already in love with Wall-E and the movie hasn’t come out yet! :tongue:

Oh, I would love to see that. The closest thing we saw to a “Wall-E” is the talking trash can… he was so cute!

The more and more I hear about this movie the more excited I am about seeing it…

Wall - E is gonna be another Pixar favorite!

Can’t wait to run into him at DCA~ :cool:

Don’t think he’ll be there when you are?? :ohmy:

“Don’t expect to see Wall-E at California Adventure until long after the Disney-Pixar computer-animated movie opens in theaters June 27. The animatronic robot’s schedule becomes more booked every day with television interviews and a planned world tour.”

But it’s another way to get him to go to DL again!! :laugh:

PS:

Check out this link Inside the Magic, hosted by Ricky Brigante - Disney News, Disney Reviews, Disney Contests, and more great Disney stuff!

Left hand side under podcasts:

Show 165: video Wall-e audio animatronic

This is SUPER COOL!!! :wub:

Of COURSE they put him in DCA and not DL. :frown: When we go to Cali, we won’t be going to DCA, it just looks like a timewaster and my parents aren’t big on thrill rides and nothing else seemed to spark my interest… Boo, Disney!

yay! Can’t wait!
My kids loved Wall-E!

Timewaster?:eek:

I second that :eek: !

But then, I :heart: DCA.

I’m looking forward to seeing the little guy rolling around this fall. DD and I will be watching for him.

[QUOTE=Voldemort;858137]I second that :eek: !

But then, I :heart: DCA.

I’m looking forward to seeing the little guy rolling around this fall. DD and I will be watching for him.[/QUOTE]

As do I!

On both accounts:happy:

Say WHA’??? I fear you are wrong my friend. :tongue: If anything DCA is the relaxing NON-thrill ride park. You have Soarin’, the sweet Monsters Inc ride, the AMAZING Aladdin production that is TOTALLY Broadway quality, the Animation Academy building with Turtle Talk w/ Crush & other cool animation things, the whole Flix’s Fun Fair with “Tough to be a Bug” and at least 4 other tame little attractions, wine tasting, tours of the bread & tortilla factories, Toy Story Midway Mania (which doesn’t move very fast), a nice little carousel, and GREAT food everywhere! I wish you could visit there this trip Screever but I know you are on time constraints, I hope you get to visit there soon! It’s a nice park.

It’s a very nice park. :wub:

It may, just MAY, be my favorite park. :ohmy:

At least it seems that way when I’m grabbing yet another Screamin’ FP. :blush: :laugh:

OOOOOAH!! Why do you do this to me! :blush:

I don’t know much about DCA, except that it is Disney’s least visited park. Obviously, there are many people who share Screever’s opinion of the park. I wonder why?

That sounds neat. DS loves Wall E

OMG!!! I would love this!! I just loved him in the movie and the kids would go nuts!!

I used to feel exactly the same way Cavey but the park grew on me. It used to feel very empty, there wasn’t a lot of ‘horticulture’ or landscaping, it kinda felt 'concrete jungle-ish." Some of the rides were cheap and easy (like the Hollywood Limo Tours ride before it was re-done to Monsters, Inc., etc), not to mention 1/2 of Paradise Pier was boardwalk rides that could be found at many amusements parks across the US.

It just used to be very sparce and not well planned but with the refurb plans on the horizon it sounds like it’s going to become really awesome!