Walt Disney World Dishes

I have never taken a lot of time to look through the kitchen store in DTD so have never noticed if they carry dishes. Does anyone know if they do? I’m in the market for a new set of dishes and thought it would be fun to have disney themed kitchen ware, but would need time to save for them if they have them.

Oh yes they have them and they are expensive but so cute!

That’s great! Do you know where I could look to see a picture?

I don’t think they’re “that” expensive.
A little pricey perhaps.
I think the dish set is something like $50.
I believe there is also a set of tableware.
I hate to admit but I got taken in by the sushi set for two.
The small dish for soy sauce and wasabi is too shallow and lacks sufficient sides to keep the liquid contained. And I guess the sushi plates themselves could be a bit bigger. They only hold about 5 pieces of sushi. But they are attractive.

I’ve seen dish sets on Amazon!

They had bowls and plates on clearance a while ago at the Disney Store. I ordered one each to see if I liked it, before spending a whole bunch of money. Don’t like them so much. I already have a chip on the bowl and even though its says okay for microwave, the plate seems to get hot a lot quicker than my other normal plates.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1064112]I don’t think they’re “that” expensive.
A little pricey perhaps.
I think the dish set is something like $50.
QUOTE]

Expensive is relative, $50 is alot for my 4 year old to knock off the table and break. :pinch: Now if I were buying some to display in my china cabinet then that is not expensive. Waiting for DS to be at least 20 before I buy any more breakable dishware.:laugh:

I think SG was refering to $50 for a set, not an individual dish. The dishes are smaller and that is what stopped Pam from buying them.
You can see them and the other housewares at the Disney merchandise site.

Expensive is relative, $50 is alot for my 4 year old to knock off the table and break. :pinch: Now if I were buying some to display in my china cabinet then that is not expensive. Waiting for DS to be at least 20 before I buy any more breakable dishware.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I hear ya! I so get it.
They have super cute thick plastic vintage Mickey plates, cups and bowls at Target. I will be buying them soon, they’re going to be our “summer” plates. We eat out on our porch almost every summer night.

There ya go. Adapt and overcome the break factor.

LOVE IT! I will be checking into those for sure!

Willbegone, I’m sorry but I as a childless adult, don’t stop to consider the child/drop factor.
Nobody wants to spend good money on anything only to watch it fall and hit the floor and chip or even worse, break.
I think what I meant when I said $50 wasn’t too bad was that it could be worse, like $100 for the same 4 place set.