Walt Disney World Dolphin

How many people fit in a standard room?

Don’t know how many fit but they say 5 are allowed. Haven’t been there “yet” but it’s 1 of 3 we’re choosing for our next visit.

Dolphin has two queens as standard equipment in the rooms.
I do not recall if there was also a couch.
The fifth person might be accommodated with a roll away if there isn’t a couch.
Or, the fifth person could just sleep on the floor.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1084153]Dolphin has two queens as standard equipment in the rooms.
I do not recall if there was also a couch.
The fifth person might be accommodated with a roll away if there isn’t a couch.
Or, the fifth person could just sleep on the floor.[/QUOTE]

or blow up air beds :tongue:

Where did you find that info? Have to prove it to the family

I was thinking the exact same thing. (No need for the tongue:cool:)

Then there’s the eighties solution that our band used when the budget wouldn’t allow more than two rooms and no roll away bed for 8 grown men and the lead singer doesn’t share his bed (not that I could sleep with another man myself).
We got a foam mat that was about 6 inches thick, 78 inches long, and about as wide as a single bed that I used every night for about a year and a half, even once the three man road crew put our feet down and said we had to have our own room.

I’ve stayed at the Dolphin about 6 times. That’s how I know.

Then there’s also this:
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort Fact Sheet

What are the rooms like?

The rooms at the Dolphin are decorated in a lively, tropical theme. The upbeat color scheme of the rooms will never let you forget that you are on vacation, and this is a perfect place to relax. The rooms feature either one king-size bed or two double Heavenly Beds®. The bathroom is spacious with a separate vanity area. The drawer and closet space is ample enough for even those of us that always take too much! There is a small sitting area with a table and two chairs. Rooms also have in-room safes, two phones, voice mail, hair dryers, ironing board and iron, and small fridge. For an additional fee, in-room movies and Nintendo are available.

I guess I haven’t stayed there since they changed to the “Heavenly Beds”.
They were queens the last time we stayed there.

The rooms are not set up for 5: there are two doubles or one king bed (the doubles are oversized, almost the same size as a queen). Some king rooms have a pull out sofa for an extra guests, but it is a smallish one to really only fit one person. There is typically a sitting area with two chairs and a little table in a standard room.

I wasn’t aware they allowed 5 in a room. I guess you would have to call to be sure, since I don’t see anything written about the policy. But even if they do allow you to squeeze another person in in a cot, that would be quite the cramped quarters. Is that something you would consider?

http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/standard.html

[QUOTE=ddoll;1084407]But even if they do allow you to squeeze another person in in a cot, that would be quite the cramped quarters. Is that something you would consider?

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort - Orlando Hotels, Florida[/QUOTE]

Ddoll, consider how cramped your standard Day’s Inn room is with 5 adult men.:eek:
After that, I don’t think the Dolphin is quite so bad, even with 5.
But it will still be tight.

Well, I called the dolphin and yes, they allow five people in a room. Thanks, For the info. We will be there July 2012.