Walt Disney World Guests Get Sick

Wonder what happened…Looks like it was just those on the AK tour…

Walt Disney World guests get sick from mystery illness - National Worldwide Disney Theme Parks | Examiner.com

A few months ago we had one sick guest come with a group of around 500 people. By day 2 of their week long stay, housekeeping was cleaning vomit everywhere. It was not pretty, and after this group left, we had to take extra steps in every room they used to keep the germ from spreading to the next group.

Yes…that’s all it takes…just one person…those germs do like a good party!! :blow:

It seems odd, though, that it would happen on two separate occasions on the same tour.

Sounds like someone brought the noro virus back from a cruise and went to WDW after.
This does happen, though usually not often and not widespread.

I have friends that returned from a WDW trip on the 14th of July. Upon their return they had flu like symtoms. I don’t think they went on that AK Tour, so maybe there was just a bug going around??

Sounds like a possible case of food poisoning. It really does not take much before the body rejects something you ate. I had it once after eating a tainted Denver omelet, to this day I can’t eat them.

-Harry

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1117432]Sounds like someone brought the noro virus back from a cruise and went to WDW after.
This does happen, though usually not often and not widespread.[/QUOTE]

exactly what I was thinking…

One of us always seems to get sick when we get home from WDW… no matter how much we wash our hands- usually a cold, though

Seems odd that it happened twice and wasn’t food related.

D4D, I think you misread the article. It said they didn’t KNOW if it was food related.

I think the logical conclusion is that it was food related, but they just can’t point to the source. Cross-contamination comes to mind–the food wasn’t spoiled. Rather a pot, utensil, or counter top wasn’t sanitized, and some nasty bug went along for the ride. If someone on the dish crew has been making a habit cutting corners, then that could be it.

Back when I ran camps I know there were a few times when the dish crew failed to notice the sanitizing agent for the dishwasher had run out. They had washed several loads without that important ingredient.

Didn’t notice anyone outwardly sick this week. Maybe it has run its course.

Not to threadjack, but trip report???

Trip report is right, hanwill :dry:

This stuff happens, so many people, unwashed bodies and, and, and

Trip report is coming. Whew! We are not even home yet. We are still in the car. We did not want to leave!

Who ever does?