Walt Disney World Rumor Mill for the week of September 14, 2008

Saw this on another site. It will be too bad if they cut out all the random entertainment . . . I think it makes WDW really fun, and some of this stuff is the hidden gems that make trips more magical! :frown:

[I]Written by Lou Mongello
As heard on the WDW Radio Show, episode 84, September 14, 2008

Rumors are once again resurfacing about the movie at Soarin’ being changed to a worldwide theme. Supposedly the movie will be changed on both coasts sometime next year. This is still very much just a rumor.

The new Disney Fairies room in the Toontown Hall of Fame at the Magic Kingdom park seems to be under construction, as the Disney Pals room in this location was closed recently. I’ve also been told of permit filings that mention the “ToonTown Princess/Fairies Queue Modifications.” As a result of the Pals room closing, I also hear that we may be able to see Pluto in Town Square, Goofy near the Splash Mountain exit, and Donald Duck in Frontierland in his pioneer outfit.

I mentioned a few weeks ago the fact that, due to apparent cutbacks, the Four for a Dollar pre-show performers from the Beauty and the Beast stage show were going to leave permanently as of September 20th. I have also come to hear that they may not be the only group who will be retired. From what I understand, Inkas Wasi and The Karuka Acrobats in Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom have been retired as of September 1, 2008. Also, The Main Street Family Fun Day Parade will end its run on September 27th. OrisiRisi, the African performers in World Showcase, have been retired effective August 30, 2008; and also in World Showcase, Spelmanns Gledje, the Norwegian folk group, was retired on that date as well. Even Wes Palm, the walking and talking palm tree at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, may have been retired as of September first. And as I mentioned previously, Woody’s Cowboy Camp will have its last hoedown in Frontierland on September 27. I have to say I am saddened by this, as it is this type of free, interactive entertainment that I really enjoyed seeing and watching other Guests enjoy as well. Hopefully they will either return or be replaced by other types of performers.[/I]

WOW…the economy is REALLY hurting right now! I never even got to see Woody’s Cowboy Camp…and I never will. :crying:

Awh . . . here you go: YouTube - Woody’s Roundup

Wow this is so sad. I’m sure they will be replacing some things though.

This is nuts…:wacko:

Four for a dollar is AWESOME!!! I always looked forward to their pre-show. And we had just seen some of the AK acrobats last month.

Between these, reducing the nights of Fantasmic, the closing of PI / Adventurer’s Club, and the rumor about removing/closing the riverboat & Tom Sawyer Island, WHAT’S NEXT???:eek: Disney can’t be hurting THAT BAD if all of us keep running into huge crowds at the parks.

[QUOTE=Prezcatz;882347]This is nuts…:wacko:

Four for a dollar is AWESOME!!! I always looked forward to their pre-show. And we had just seen some of the AK acrobats last month.

Between these, reducing the nights of Fantasmic, the closing of PI / Adventurer’s Club, and the rumor about removing/closing the riverboat & Tom Sawyer Island, WHAT’S NEXT???:eek: Disney can’t be hurting THAT BAD if all of us keep running into huge crowds at the parks.[/QUOTE]

I agree! But like Jennatrz said they have to replace it with something … . don’t they? :crying:

I just wanted to say that when we did the “Undiscovered Future World” tour in EPCOT last year our guide DID insinuate that “keeping Soarin’ California themed might not be completely appropriate for WDW; especially since Disneyland appears at the end.” He also told us some technical information about how looooong those type of movies take to film so maybe they’ve already starting filming a “Soarin’ Over America” one, that would be cool.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;882303]Saw this on another site. It will be too bad if they cut out all the random entertainment . . . I think it makes WDW really fun, and some of this stuff is the hidden gems that make trips more magical! :frown:

[I]Written by Lou Mongello
As heard on the WDW Radio Show, episode 84, September 14, 2008

Rumors are once again resurfacing about the movie at Soarin’ being changed to a worldwide theme. Supposedly the movie will be changed on both coasts sometime next year. This is still very much just a rumor.

The new Disney Fairies room in the Toontown Hall of Fame at the Magic Kingdom park seems to be under construction, as the Disney Pals room in this location was closed recently. I’ve also been told of permit filings that mention the “ToonTown Princess/Fairies Queue Modifications.” As a result of the Pals room closing, I also hear that we may be able to see Pluto in Town Square, Goofy near the Splash Mountain exit, and Donald Duck in Frontierland in his pioneer outfit.

I mentioned a few weeks ago the fact that, due to apparent cutbacks, the Four for a Dollar pre-show performers from the Beauty and the Beast stage show were going to leave permanently as of September 20th. I have also come to hear that they may not be the only group who will be retired. From what I understand, Inkas Wasi and The Karuka Acrobats in Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom have been retired as of September 1, 2008. Also, The Main Street Family Fun Day Parade will end its run on September 27th. OrisiRisi, the African performers in World Showcase, have been retired effective August 30, 2008; and also in World Showcase, Spelmanns Gledje, the Norwegian folk group, was retired on that date as well. Even Wes Palm, the walking and talking palm tree at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, may have been retired as of September first. And as I mentioned previously, Woody’s Cowboy Camp will have its last hoedown in Frontierland on September 27. I have to say I am saddened by this, as it is this type of free, interactive entertainment that I really enjoyed seeing and watching other Guests enjoy as well. Hopefully they will either return or be replaced by other types of performers.[/I][/QUOTE]

I really hope they replace them with something else and not just retire them.

For some of the rides/attractions, I could see where they have to close one so they could work on a new replacement, but for pre-show or random entertainers, if they were going to be replaced, I would think they would hire the new act so it could replace the old act one-for-one with no break, just as they could refilm “Soarin” and announce that the final old film would be on a Sunday and the new film (w/ coordinated smells, etc) would start on a Monday.

Maybe I’m just being pessimistic, but I don’t like the looks of it.:frown:

they keep this up . Im afraid disney will get to be an just an amusement park and not what we all love.

I have read about all these cutbacks before and am still sad reading them again. I do hope they replace this entertainment with new stuff soon or bring back these old shows after some time. I thought travel was doing well at WDW…you couldn’t see lack of crowds the week I was there. I don’t get all these cutbacks.

Wow. Rumors though they may be, thats kind of depressing.

I love Soarin the way it is, though I can see why they’d change it, I don’t want them to. Not seeing Disneyland at the end would cease to bring tears to my eyes! :crying:

The good kind of tears!

Thats the only change I’d really throw a fuss over. The rest are sad, yes, but stuff happens, and in this economy I’m not too surprised.

I’m pretty jaded for 24, no? :laugh:

[QUOTE=Screever;883332]

I’m pretty jaded for 24, no? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

No, just pretty jaded for only being 4 hrs away from WDW!!! :laugh:LOL

Although I do L:heart:VE Soarin’, I’d LOVE for it to end at WDW!!! It is definitely more appropriate, being that it’s in WDW. :laugh: (the DL version should remain the same)

I love Soarin’ too! Disney needs to updated the Universe of Energy ride! Ellen isn’t right for Disney!