Walt: The Man Behind the Myth

We got this movie from Netflix, and we watched it tonight. It was really good. So much of the information we already knew from reading about Walt, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. I would recommend to all of my fellow MBers! :happy:

Oh my gosh it was sooo good! I cried at the end…:heart: I loved it! We might have to buy that one. :happy:

I know! I think so too!

We watched that one several times last spring when we were working on our Walt Disney research project. I should get that one again. It makes the trip to WDW so much more enjoyable when you know the man behind it. Thanks for mentioning it!

I’ll have to check it out. From the title, I would have guessed it to be a sarcastic mockery of Walt’s life. Why a myth?

I guess I’ll have to watch and see for myself.

The Bonus section is good as well … I bought this last year and could not figure out the music that played in the background during the program.
Then I discovered it was the theme from “A Bugs Life” ( I dig Disney theme music and use it for our Family Trip DVD’s) .
It’s a good watch … over and over again! :pirate:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1068626]I’ll have to check it out. From the title, I would have guessed it to be a sarcastic mockery of Walt’s life. Why a myth?

I guess I’ll have to watch and see for myself.[/QUOTE]

Victoria- now you’ve got me thinking too- what myth? Interesting:laugh:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1068626]I’ll have to check it out. From the title, I would have guessed it to be a sarcastic mockery of Walt’s life. Why a myth?

I guess I’ll have to watch and see for myself.[/QUOTE]

I think by “myth” the movie makers meant they were putting to rest any ideas about Walt that might not be true-like that he had his head cryogenically frozen. :laugh: It was definitely not a mockery. It was wonderfully done. Watch it–I think you’ll like it! :happy:

We wanted Lily to be able to watch it before a project that she did on Walt last month, but we couldn’t get it because the wait was extra long. We enjoyed it last night though!

[QUOTE=WALL;1068636]The Bonus section is good as well … I bought this last year and could not figure out the music that played in the background during the program.
Then I discovered it was the theme from “A Bugs Life” ( I dig Disney theme music and use it for our Family Trip DVD’s) .
It’s a good watch … over and over again! :pirate:[/QUOTE]

We didn’t watch any of the bonus stuff. That will be on our TV agenda for tonight. :laugh:

Ahhh, gotcha! I didn’t even make that connection. I wondering - is the magic a myth? Walt’s success?

That makes sense.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1068682]Ahhh, gotcha! I didn’t even make that connection. I wondering - is the magic a myth? Walt’s success?

That makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok me too! I thought it was suggesting the darker myths that surround Walt’s supposed personal opinions and beliefs:happy:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1068682]Ahhh, gotcha! I didn’t even make that connection. I wondering - is the magic a myth? Walt’s success?

That makes sense.[/QUOTE][
QUOTE=dixie;1068688]Ah ok me too! I thought it was suggesting the darker myths that surround Walt’s supposed personal opinions and beliefs:happy:[/QUOTE]

Well, they don’t actually quote the cryogenically frozen head myth, but at the end they say that he was cremated after he died.:smile:They really just follow the timeline of his life. They talk about how he came from humble beginnings and he appreciated the simple things in life. It is really good!

[QUOTE=missymouse;1068699][
QUOTE=dixie;1068688]Ah ok me too! I thought it was suggesting the darker myths that surround Walt’s supposed personal opinions and beliefs:happy:[/QUOTE]

Well, they don’t actually quote the cryogenically frozen head myth, but at the end they say that he was cremated after he died.:smile:They really just follow the timeline of his life. They talk about how he came from humble beginnings and he appreciated the simple things in life. It is really good![/QUOTE]

That sounds really good- I love Bio’s especially Walt Disney= such a fascinating character and well, look what he created!:wub:

That sounds really good- I love Bio’s especially Walt Disney= such a fascinating character and well, look what he created!:wub:[/QUOTE]

It made us admire Walt even more! DH has been out of town this week, and he had said for the kids and me to go ahead and watch it. He wasn’t overly interested in it. Since I’ve told him about it, he’s decided he’d like to watch it after all. :happy:

It really is a good bio and more. We bought it 2 or 3 years ago and have watched it many times. Never gets old. :heart:

I loved watching it… I’ve had an urge to be at Disney World ever since we watched it! :laugh: Walt was such a magical man… He made dreams come true. Amazing story. He had a happy, magical(:laugh:) life. Anyways, I would love to buy this movie!:heart::wub: