Warning! Brazillians Ahead!

I just saw this story on CNN’s site and thought I’s share.
I can only imagine the Magic Kingdom when this storm hits!

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

WHEN DO THE Brazillians GET TO DISNEYWORLD

I saw many tour groups a few years ago in July. There were less when I went in August two years ago.

Ahhhhhh! :eek:

Well then, uggggg…
Did you hear they said that “Pegasus” carried 15.000 people last year and are expecting to double that :wacko:

The report stated that more were coming as family groups and renting cars rather than large groups on buses. I think most people have issues with the bus groups and specifically unsupervised teens.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1099366]Well then, uggggg…
Did you hear they said that “Pegasus” carried 15.000 people last year and are expecting to double that :wacko:[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes I did.
And when in Orlando, they aren’t spending all of their time at the malls bargain shopping. You know they want to be entertained. Which is Orlando’s most important product.

We went in July last year and it was insane. There were so many groups. They are not respestful, and will run you over. That is one of the many reasons we will not go in July again. One was even staying off property at our hotel. I have never seen them when we have gone in late Sept., Oct., Dec., and Feb. My parents have not seen them when they go in Jan, and they go in late Jan every year for their anniversary.

You’re talking about July 2010, when they reopened Eo, right?
They were nuts the day we did the Eo passholder preview.
Even with the pouring rain that afternoon and evening.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1099376]Yes, yes I did.
And when in Orlando, they aren’t spending all of their time at the malls bargain shopping. You know they want to be entertained. Which is Orlando’s most important product.[/QUOTE]

zactly :pinch: Isn’t there a sort of Entertainment strip in Orlando to which we can refer them?

I think that goes for anyone who travels in groups. they just cannot care about anyone but themselves. It’s the nature of the beast. July is too crowded any way. That’s when you should be vacationing in Michigan :ph34r:

We were there in July 2010 and the groups were out of control. In June 2011 we noticed a few Hispanic groups, not near as many as July and I don’t think they were from Brazil but they were much more well mannered and respectful. Not much on groups in 2009, but it was Food & Wine so it didn’t matter where people were from, they were all crazy!!! Only other time we’ve gone in the summer was June 06 and I don’t recall any major groups then.
All of our other trips have been Oct/Feb and there weren’t any problems then.
I’m wondering if THOSE groups are a new(er) thing.

Yeah, Soundgod, it was July 2010. We went to the EO passholder event. I was there to see the Main Street Electric Parade for the first time since I was a kid, and Captain EO. I did not realize it had been that long. It was insane at MK on July 4th, and the rude Brazilian tour groups did not help in the slightest. Never again. Never again.

Awww man! We just booked for the second week in July. Now I’m reading this?! Great. Just great. :sad:

Ok ya’ll know I love to joke about the Brazillian Brazilians but I also love them. Not only is it income coming into the State but also into the country. This is great news for our economy…and I think that we will see less tourist from Europe as they go through their economic issues this next year or two or three…

We need to get the word out to the Brazilians of all the other great things to do in America. I suggest that if you are in the Parks with them find the leaders and have brochures about other points of interest in the US they can visits as well as WDW. Maybe send them to Mackinac Island…or Green Bay/Door County…Manhattan KS is wonderful most times of year…

What’s with all of the Brazilian hatred? Did we just watch the same story? They are bringing $$$$$$ to the US!!!

I don’t think our economy depends on Brazilian tourism. The US is in trouble because it is spending more money than it takes in. The Brazilian people aren’t going to fix that.
Anyway, I just do not want to have my trip ruined. Would you?

Yes inflow of currency is a positive thing. I feel the same of all you guys from out of state that come to FL for vacation. Come on down and spend your money with us. Your vacation dollars pay my state income tax :wink:

[QUOTE=TK924;1099402]I don’t think our economy depends on Brazilian tourism. The US is in trouble because it is spending more money than it takes in. The Brazilian people aren’t going to fix that.
Anyway, I just do not want to have my trip ruined. Would you?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think anyone is saying that it depend on Brazilian tourism but those tourist dollars sure do help. Sure it won’t fix our problems (and I agree with you on what our problem is) but we need to import more currency into our economy and this is just one of those ways.

I have been there many times with Brazilians and with cheerleaders and with pop warner, and with other large groups the overwhelm the resorts. It is best to realize that you are never going to get the parks to yourself and Disney needs full parks to stay in business at the level they are at and expand.

I suggest if you are going to be their during Brazilian season learn a little Portuguese to better communicate with them :mickey:

I know, I know…I owe a trip report, but I thought I would add that there were MANY Brazilian groups while we were there last week…MANY! Our biggest challenge was trying to get to the fast pass return before the groups would hit…it would sometimes be longer than going through the regular line. My girls LOVED it though…they love listening to other languages. Many pool visits would be my two girls and 55+ Brazilian teens…who would dote on them.

You mean like the International Drive “fun and shopping zone”?
Or perhaps Interstate 4 that goes right past WDW, Sea World, and Universal.
We could try and send them to Legoland, but you know as well as I do that the Mouse beckons across oceans and deserts, mountains and forests, young and old; TO SPEND ALL THEIR MONEY ON ENDLESS MERCH MANUFACTURED BY CHINESE LABORERS FOR SLAVE WAGES!!!*

:whistling:angel:

*Of course after spending for combined vacation packages that include lodging, park tickets, dining, and possibly even recreation, tours, and special added value events and services.:biggrin: