Water Park advice

Hi,

I am taking my DH and 4 kids to WDW 11-27 through 12-4. My teenagers are dying to go to the water parks. I understand that either Blizzard Bay or Typhon Lagoon might be closed. Our Magic Your Way package doesn’t include the water parks. My travel agent said I can purchase the tickets once we arrive. My DH and 2 youngest kids don’t really want to go. So I will send the teens off. Does anyone have experience with buying at the park? I would think I could get a better price with advance purchase.

Robin

You can add a waterpark to your base ticket any time during your stay at WDW. This would be cheaper than buying a single event ticket.

Last winter, WDW’s only “discount” was a free add-on, like to the waterparks. So you might want to keep an eye out on MouseSavers.com in case that offer comes up again.

In either case, I would not buy a waterpark ticket until you are on-sight. Weather that time of year can be if-y, and you don’t want to buy a non-refundable waterpark ticket only to find it’s too cold to use.

I agree with Cavey. Just upgrade the tickets you want once you get on-site.

You will save money with the advance purchase. But the water parks are inexpensive (comparatively), and so if you ended up buying tickets on your arrival at the water park, it won’t be too bad.

Be sure to go early, because when they have one park closed for refurbishment, the other one can fill up quickly.

Get the tix at your resorts desk, not at the gate…