Water park strategy

We’ll be going to WDW at the end of July - so we plan on going to BB and TL during our stay. We’ve only been to BB once and never to TL.

When we went to BB it was April and it was chilly that morning. There was also EMH so when we got to the park it wasn’t crowded at all. Once EMH ended people came in in droves. I felt like people were on top of me!

In July there is no EMH during our stay - so for each park - where is the best location to just run, at park opening, to grab a chair that will be good for the day. I won’t go on too many slides, so we won’t rent a locker. I do like to be in the sun but I’d also like to watch DD and DH coming down some slides.

Also, has anyone ever gone in the afternoon and stayed til closing? We were thinking of doing that for one of the days.

Only been to Typhoon Lagoon, so I only have advice for that one.

We are there at the rope drop, run straight in towards the wave pool. As soon as you cross the bridge over the lazy river, hang a right, and once you get past the second snack stand there is a beautiful spot on the left with a grass hut. That way you’ve got shade all day when needed.

Tried this three times, and worked each time. Of course, we usually go in May when we had a little advantage of EMH, but that would still be my strategy.

If you’re family is up to it, I’d recommend to run straight to the shark tank to swim! Our family loves it and it’s a must do every time we go to TL. We usually get 2 or 3 runs across the tank. (you get in on one end and swim/float slowly to the other side while snorkling and viewing all the wonderful sea life in the “tank”. Our kids started doing it when they were in about 3rd or 5th grade and really love it. Beware, the water is a bit chilly (to us anyway).

******Also, has anyone ever gone in the afternoon and stayed til closing? We were thinking of doing that for one of the days. ******

Answer:

Just to give you a little info on this question, I live here close to Disney. July is one of our worst months for afternoon showers and thunderstorms. I mean they come out of nowhere. It is best to get to the waterparks early at that time of the year to enjoy them the most.

[QUOTE=Big Al;965249]Only been to Typhoon Lagoon, so I only have advice for that one.

We are there at the rope drop, run straight in towards the wave pool. As soon as you cross the bridge over the lazy river, hang a right, and once you get past the second snack stand there is a beautiful spot on the left with a grass hut. That way you’ve got shade all day when needed.

:wub:We do the exact same thing! How awesome!:heart:We love TL, go every year! Been to BB one time and will never go back again it just doesn’t have that greatness about it like TL does! Just my opinion though!:blush:

I think a spot by the wave pool is the best. My kids spent the majority of the time there, so I was able to relax, watching them having a good time.

Can’t help with this question, we never pick a spot to relax, we’re too busy going down slides and splashing in the wave pool with the kids. When we’re ready to take it easy for a bit we grab some tubes and hit the lazy river for a while.

We have been to the world 6 times since 1997. We go in June or July. TL is our favorite of the 2 waterparks, and we always go in the late afternoon and stay until close as the crowd thins out the last couple of hours of the day. We have never spent an entire day at a waterpark, we like to spend the morning and early afternoon at AK or EPCOT- hit the TL at about 3 or 4 pm and then leave for dinner and fireworworks at another park. This seems to work for us.

Do you just pack a change of clothes and change at the WP or do you head back to your resort to freshen up? We’re thinking of doing the parks in the a.m. (packing our suits in the backpack), then heading to the WP in the early afternoon then back to the parks in the pm for dinner.

We pack dry clothes and rent a locker and also rent towels. Sometimes, like if we were going to finish the day at DTD we would go back to the hotel and freshen up, it depends alot on what we choose to do next. My favorite thing is after being in the hot parks until about 3or4 , floatinf in the lazy river for an hour or so and just RELAXING

On several trips we’ve packed a backpack with change of clothes & hopped a bus to AK on early entry. Left around 1sh for BB. Stayed a few hours, changed then hit DHS for a few rides/shows & dinner. One trip we squeezed in that 4th park and made it over to MK for a late viewing of FIS. Caught the rail back to the hotel & crashed. Not something i’d try again with kids, but hitting the 3 in one day works well if you plan in advance.

Three main parks (or three of any parks) in one day is easy as long as you start first thing in the morning and don’t stop until park closing. Even if you go back to your hotel between parks, you can still do it.
It’s jamming in that fourth park that is the killer. Although you can cheat slightly and eat lunch in DTD and do a quick in and out at Disney Quest (if you have an AP or Ultimate Park Hopper tickets - part of the all inclusive gold and platinum vacation packages)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;965382]Three main parks (or three of any parks) in one day is easy as long as you start first thing in the morning and don’t stop until park closing. Even if you go back to your hotel between parks, you can still do it.
It’s jamming in that fourth park that is the killer. Although you can cheat slightly and eat lunch in DTD and do a quick in and out at Disney Quest (if you have an AP or Ultimate Park Hopper tickets - part of the all inclusive gold and platinum vacation packages)[/QUOTE]

Never Been to Disney Quest, and I was wondering how it was? Is it fun with a lot of excitment!