Water Parks in March?

Hello All - We are going to be there March 9th thru the 16th. We have never been to water park at WDW. Our last trip in March we did swim at the hotel with no issues but didnt know much about water parks.

I usually dont buy the water park option but thought it would be a good arrival stop. We always drive ALL NIGHT and get to WDW about 6, check in and get keys, go eat breakfast, and then kill time in a park till the room is ready. The only issue is we are the walking dead until we can get in room and shower and take a hour or so power nap.

I thought the water park would be much more up our alley for the first day. Kids can see and experience new stuff and mom and dad can float down the lazy river…No need to try and freshen up too much bc we are swimming anyway…BUT is the water warm enough…?

We were there last year the week of March 17, and it was very warm - definite swimming weather. However, it varies year by year. Usually, it’s warm by the beginnning/middle of March.

I just know it will be a ton easier to go to breakfast and to water park than to parks…just in trying to look presentable

Just FYI—Blizzard Beach will be closed for refurbishment at that time, but Typhoon Lagoon opens from 10-5. As long as it’s warm, I think this is a great idea for your arrival day.

10 is fine, we will check in and most likely eat at Chef Mickeys about 8 and that should last an hour, change into swimsuits and then off we go.

that first morning is sooo wierd feeling. We go to the parks but are not in park mode bc we know we wont be there but a half day or so but if we go to waterpark and just chill, I think we will be fine and READY to GO that first night.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1126710]10 is fine, we will check in and most likely eat at Chef Mickeys about 8 and that should last an hour, change into swimsuits and then off we go.

that first morning is sooo wierd feeling. We go to the parks but are not in park mode bc we know we wont be there but a half day or so but if we go to waterpark and just chill, I think we will be fine and READY to GO that first night.[/QUOTE]

You could always do Disney Quest and play video games from 11 until 4 and head back for a nap.
Weather can still be wild, mostly depending on how harsh the winter was up north and how much power the Canadian cold fronts pack so they can make it to Florida.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1126732]You could always do Disney Quest and play video games from 11 until 4 and head back for a nap.
Weather can still be wild, mostly depending on how harsh the winter was up north and how much power the Canadian cold fronts pack so they can make it to Florida.[/QUOTE]

Great Idea if its cold…Plan B will be Disney Quest. We have never done that either and our kids have never been to Downtown Disney.

you have a package right? Did you know that the 2013 packages come with 2 FREE entries to DQ? not only that, adding on WPM to your park hopper is only $23 a person…less then the price of one entry. avg temp for march is in the mid 80s…will feel tropic

I knew the price to add waterpark this time was cheap enough for me to say “what the heck?”…I didnt knwo about DQ.

Waterparks and More = Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and Disney Quest.
Not sure about the round of golf on the 9 hole course benefit though. I don’t remember if that’s just for Florida Premium APs or if it’s also part of the “More” that replaces Pleasure Island.

Was just trying to help you decide by letting you know that you would get free DQ tix with your package. I would think $23 for multiple entries into all of the above would be tempting for anyone to want to opt for it - well played Disney.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1126737]Waterparks and More = Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and Disney Quest.
Not sure about the round of golf on the 9 hole course benefit though. I don’t remember if that’s just for Florida Premium APs or if it’s also part of the “More” that replaces Pleasure Island.[/QUOTE]

It’s part of the “More”. There’s also the minature golf option if done before 4 as well as WoS that’s included too.

We’ve done waterparks in March and its been perfect. Of course, we are from Maine :happy:

The water temp is usually pretty warm.

Also, I think the mini golf is included as well!

Have fun!

BB is scheduled to reopen on 3/16. I just thought I’d add this.
Pack suits. Worst case is, you don’t use them.
Should you plan for it? I wouldn’t set that in stone until I saw the weather 7 days out.

The first time I went to Disney was in early May and I remember laying at the hotel pool and freezing…I think it was a freak weather situation.

Well it’s December and it’s 78 in Disney now…I think that’s water park temps…I think March will be ok.

For me, I like my water temp luke cool,if that. I hate to get in the water and it takes my 15 minutes to adjust to the temp. Now, if its late June,july and Aug. the water temp is perfect for me. March is too cold for me to get in. The outside weather is nice but I do not like cold water.