Water parks

Ok…for the first time this next vacation, we are going to the water parks. I know my question maybe stupid but I was wondering if you walk around the park barefoot all the time or so most people wear those ‘swim’ shoes that you can buy? I am happy to do whatever but I am not sure my DD would walk around with nothing on her feet so thought I would grab some opinions on this.

I clearly remember as a teenager walking around barefoot in Typhoon Lagoon all the time, I would keep flip flops in the locker and put them on anytime I needed to use the restroom, get something to eat, go in the store, etc.

Now that I am adult, and a little wiser :laugh:, I wear either Crocs or thin flip flops around the park. There is a lot of sidewalk space and big areas of the park for walking so I just wear them around. Now I just leave them by the lounge chair if I was walking on the sand or going on the water rides.

We go barefoot!

I have also worn water shoes, but they were annoying on the slides, so we never did it again. I don’t remember any problems with rough sidewalks, or stubbed toes or anything else!

I wear shoes into the rest rooms, for sure!

We always wear barefeet unless we are walking back to the lockers or a bathroom. We just leave them near our chairs when we are on the slides.

Growing up I would be barefoot the entire time,(except for wearing tennis shows to walking into the park)

Nowadays, I bring the “swim shoes” (i call them aqua socks) and wear them to go get food drinks etc and some of the “rides” like the lazy river. Some of the slides are not conducive to aqua socks though.

Overall you a see some of each. Some people are always barefoot, some wear aqua socks and some were flip-flops.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the walkways and sand can get hot in the middle of summer.

BTW: I have never liked flip-flops so have never worn them.

Its been a while, but for some reason I remember my feet being torn up a little from the cement. Although, if you knew the energy my two DS’s have, we never sat for the entire day, so I’m thinking if you get a break or two, barefoot would be fine.

Either way, you should be fine. My feet hurt when I am barefoot. I usually wear my croc flip flops and leave them at the bottom of the slides.

We go barefoot when doing the rides, but keep our crocs or flip flops at a lounge chair for restroom breaks and lunch.

We just went to Holiday World this week and I was totally grossed out by how many people went into the restrooms barefooted!!! :blow:

We do as above, keep flip flops for public areas. DD used to like the water shoes they actually sold at the parks in the park shops (Blizzard Beach in particular)

I want to go barefoot and do most of the time but I do find if your walking more than a dozen or so feet at a time, the cement can get so hot and feel quite sharp pretty quickly. I keep my nike flip flops handy. With a little one I would opt for the water socks because they will stay on nicely for many of the attractions, in and out of the pool, river, etc.

we go barefoot …but that sand gets HOT same with the pavement …but your feet do get used to it.

[QUOTE=roxie;857779]We go barefoot when doing the rides, but keep our crocs or flip flops at a lounge chair for restroom breaks and lunch.

We just went to Holiday World this week and I was totally grossed out by how many people went into the restrooms barefooted!!! :blow:[/QUOTE]

BLUUURGH…Cant think of anything worse!

Thanks everyone for your advice. YOu have all helped greatly x

We always wear shoes. We did not wear them once and burned our feet. The asphalt gets VERY hot. Now, we usually wear Crocs or flip flops and just leave them by the ride exit or hold them. There is this bridge in TL that was terrible on bare feet.

Only you know how sensitive your feet are though.

Oh, and bare feet in the restrooms…:blow::blow::blow:.

I like the water shoes not just because it is hot walking around but also because the bottom of the wave pool is rough and scraped up my kid’s tootsies. Ouch!

We wear flip flops! Whatever you choose, you will have a blast.

Luckily it was just as we were about to leave…I got taken up in a swell in the wave pool and slammed down on my big toe (hurt for months!), and I believe swim shoes might have helped avoid this. And I wore sandals everywhere because it felt like a lot of walking and my feet got torn up.

I vote for the swim shoes, you never know if you could step on something and get hurt! The last thing you want is trouble with your feet in Disney!

Well this is my feeling exactly. I can’t bear bad feet, blisters etc, least of all when in WDW with all that walking etc. Last thing I want, esp for my dd also. I think I will invest in some. Thanks for all your help

I have always worn crocs or flipflops at the water parks…just easier…than trying to hop around on hot pavement…lol

We went again last year. While in the wave pool a napkin and band aid floated by. That was it for me but the kids love it.