Water parks

Would like your thoughts on this one—Will be there in May and as part of our package we will have our park passes included but will have to upgrade when we get there to include water parks. I truly don’t think we would use this other than only one day of our visit but I know the kids really want to go there. Is it better to upgrade your original passes or just pay for the one day you are using? I understand its about $40. per person. Thanks for any input.

I think it comes down to $. Find out the cost to upgrade, and then compare it to the water park price alone.

Depending on how many days you are going will depend on how many fun days you will get?? If you have the time to hit the water parks or DQ, it is well worth the cost to add the fun days to your package. Say you go to a water park one day and DQ one night, you’ve already paid for buying the fun days, normally would cost you just under $100 if you paid out of pocket per person.

Below is a link which shows how many fun days to how many ticket days you get. But double check with WDW on exactly how many fun days you would get.

Walt Disney World - Disney World Vacation Information Guide - INTERCOT - Walt Disney World Inside & Out - Theme Parks

Yeah, I suggest doing the math. It really depends on how many days you’ll be going (more you stay, less you pay).

We’ve never upgraded to the water park package. I have never been to a Disney water park! (shame, shame… they look so cute, but when we’re at WDW, we spend our time at the parks) I suggest that whichever way you decide to go (upgrade or one-day tickets), you wait until the last minute to upgrade. You can upgrade at your resort on the day you want to use the pass, if you wish (I’m not sure whether or not you’ll have to pay for the days you didn’t have the package… a fellow MBer might be able to help you out with that). This way, you don’t end up buying the package, then deciding you’d rather not go to the water parks at all.

Depending on the length of your stay/tickets, you only benefit from the add-on water park feature if you go at least twice to the water parks and/or plan on doing Disney Quest. If you only plan on doing the water parks once, then just pay out of pocket.

Similarly, it does not always benefit upgrading base tickets to include hopper passes. It is much much cheaper to upgrade lets say a 5day base ticket to a 10 day base ticket and hop to 2 parks a day than it is to upgrade to the hopper passes. We helped friends of ours save $250 with this last year.

It all depends on the length of your stay and how much you plan to do at the parks/water parks. Do the math before hand, it could save you a lot of money!!

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;939667]
Similarly, it does not always benefit upgrading base tickets to include hopper passes. It is much much cheaper to upgrade lets say a 5day base ticket to a 10 day base ticket and hop to 2 parks a day than it is to upgrade to the hopper passes. We helped friends of ours save $250 with this last year.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure you can use two park admissions on the same day, so you really can’t hop. It is my understanding that you’re stuck with one park each day if you have a non-hopper, unless you have two entirely different non hopper tickets.

Nope, if you want to go to MK in the morning you can use one ticket and if you want to go to EC in the evening, that is fine as long as you use another day ticket.
You can’t be denied entry to a park if you have available days to be used!

Mickey Mom, if you say that’s the way it worked for you, I can’t argue. My only knowledge of non-hoppers is what I read posted here.
I have never not had a park hopper ticket, going back to my first visits in 96, and those were done with legacy hoppers that I had inherited from my mom.
(She and her second husband had gone a few years before and didn’t use all the days and I was far from being youthful on that first visit.)
Since then, I’ve either had packages that included unlimited hoppers, previously purchased park hopper pluses, or for the last 4 years, premium APs, all of which allow me to change parks as easily as I breathe.
I am a strong advocate of park hopper tickets, when the budget will allow.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;940162]Nope, if you want to go to MK in the morning you can use one ticket and if you want to go to EC in the evening, that is fine as long as you use another day ticket.
You can’t be denied entry to a park if you have available days to be used![/QUOTE]

If it worked for them, it must have been a glitch! I’ve seen it in writing that you cannot use the tickets this way. Otherwise, everybody would do that. That’s interesting…

Okay, I started to worry I was giving out false info, so, I just contacted disney and confirmed with the CM that yes, you can use two or more MYW base tickets in a day instead of adding the park hopper option.

I’m not saying the park hopper isn’t a great idea, but for those of us that don’t do a lot of park hopping, it is much cheaper to just add a couple extra days onto our ticket - just in case - than to upgrade the entire package to the hopper.

It’s worth crunching the numbers.

That’s always the best thing to do.

We always get the park hopper passes, you are all right, it depends on what you can afford. We don’t do a lot of table meals and love to go back to the parks at night to watch the fireworks (my husband is addicted). I believe you would need to hop or use up another day.

It is nice to be able to go where and when you want, isn’ that what Disney is all about?

Unique 1

Are you my wife?
Well, maybe not. We do sit downs almost exclusively.
But many of the more seasoned posters here will recall I usually try to see two fireworks shows in one night in park. And you can’t do that without hopping.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;940250]Okay, I started to worry I was giving out false info, so, I just contacted disney and confirmed with the CM that yes, you can use two or more MYW base tickets in a day instead of adding the park hopper option.

I’m not saying the park hopper isn’t a great idea, but for those of us that don’t do a lot of park hopping, it is much cheaper to just add a couple extra days onto our ticket - just in case - than to upgrade the entire package to the hopper.

It’s worth crunching the numbers.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying two separate tickets, or two days off of the same ticket?

I’m pretty sure she’s saying two days off the same ticket, that’s why she’s advocating for the 10 day base ticket over the 5 day hopper.

No, I don’t think I am your wife (that would be a shock to my husband of 27 years:laugh:)

I don’t think we could afford to eat at a restaurant every night in Disney.

The counter food is not that bad, salads and it’s even better if your kid likes the chicken Quasadeas.:smile:

We will be at CBR in July and I heard that you can see the fire works from our resort, that’s why I picked it. I hope it’s true.

Unique1

That’s what I thought she said… I just called WDW and “Hancock” the CM I spoke to that you cannot use two days from the same ticket. If you have a 10 day non-hopper and enter MK in the morning, it will not allow you to enter any other park that day, regardless of the days left on your ticket.

The reason I’m asking is that we are AP holders, but are treating our friend from Austria to a WDW trip with us this summer and I need to buy her park tickets.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;940250]Okay, I started to worry I was giving out false info, so, I just contacted disney and confirmed with the CM that yes, you can use two or more MYW base tickets in a day instead of adding the park hopper option.

It’s worth crunching the numbers.[/QUOTE]

Cover yourself and call back again- (and get the CM’s name). I was just told that this is NOT possible. Double check so you aren’t planning based on incorrect info. (see my previous post) :mickey:

Yep, that’s correct. Two days off the same ticket. All depends on how much “hopping” you intend to do, and how many “days” you need.

Sorry, I didn’t see we had hit a second page and I missed your post. I spoke with CM named Ramon last night and he said that you can definately use more than one day off the same ticket on the same day. I gave the same scenerio to go to MK in the morning and EC in the evening and it will take two days off your ticket. Not sure why we are getting conflicting info. :dry: It also doesn’t make sense that I stand at the gates of EC that evening holding a 5-day pass and they are going to refuse me entry because I used a seperate day that morning at MK?:huh: