Water parks

We have never done the water parks before because we’ve never felt like our kids were old enough to really enjoy it. Well, we think they’re finally old enough to do it, so we’re working it into our plans for our upcoming trip. I’m planning to do Typhoon Lagoon in the morning, having lunch and then heading to Blizzard Beach. My plan is to go on the Sunday of our week there as Sunday is supposed to be less crowded in the water parks. Is this a do-able plan? Keep in mind that my kids are big swimmers (we spend just about all day every day in the pool in the summer) so I don’t think they’ll be too tired given they are used to lots of water play, but DD5 is just 42 inches tall, so there are several things she isn’t quite big enough for at each water park. DH and I will most likely have to split up some with him taking the big kids to do some more daring things and I’ll take DD5 to do some of the things the big kids might not be interested in. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!:happy:

I would allow for a full day at each of the waterparks if your kids love water! :slight_smile:
We can easily spend a whole day at Typhoon Lagoon without leaving.

My other thought is that everytime we have gone, the waterparks close at 5pm. That does not give you a whole lot of time to really experience the fun, leave for lunch and get to another park.
Like everything else, Disney waterparks are packed full of things to do.
I vote do a day of each or one day at one park. :slight_smile:
Good Luck!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;976188]I would allow for a full day at each of the waterparks if your kids love water! :slight_smile:
We can easily spend a whole day at Typhoon Lagoon without leaving.

My other thought is that everytime we have gone, the waterparks close at 5pm. That does not give you a whole lot of time to really experience the fun, leave for lunch and get to another park.
Like everything else, Disney waterparks are packed full of things to do.
I vote do a day of each or one day at one park. :slight_smile:
Good Luck![/QUOTE]

I’d love to do a whole day at both, but we have 8 days in WDW with 7 day tickets. DD5 and I will be spending Thursday morning doing the princess tea party at the Grand Floridian, so there’s another chunk of park time gone for her.:frown: On the up side, both parks are open 9 am until 7:30 pm each day we’re there. It’s nothing for us to open a park–my kids are ALWAYS up at 6 am, no matter what time they go to bed. :glare:(They get that from their daddy, not me.:laugh:) I was also thinking that since it’s a new experience, the kids will at least be in the mind set that it can’t all be done this trip. DH has also suggested that if we felt like we needed more time in the water parks we could go back for a half day later in the week (maybe Thursday after the tea party?).

There you go, one problem solved. While you and DD5 are having tea have DH & the other 2 at a water park doing some of the bigger things. Then meet up either at the water park or another park for the rest of the day. This would especially work if you didn’t get everything you wanted out of both parks in one day.

We’ve done EMH at AK then to BB for the afternoon several times only to change there and close out HS or Epcot and been able to get our fill of magic.

That is a good idea! I think that just might be what goes into our itinerary. Thanks!:happy: