Water parks

We never go to the water parks. Most of our trips are during cold weather times, so it’s never been an issue. This time, we are going in May and want to do a water park one day. I doesn’t seem worth it to add the “water parks and more” to the whole week for one day. What is the ticket price to go to the water parks? I’ve found a range online for adult tickets from $31.75-45.50. I dont’ mind buying offsite, but I do want to go through a reputable vendor. Any thoughts?

Also, which park is “better” in your opinion? The big drop at BB doesn’t really appeal, so we’re not really “thrill” people.

Thanks!

We had never done the water parks before this past summer as we didn’t feel that all of our kids were big enough until then. We enjoyed both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, however I think I can safely say that BB was more appealing to us than TL. I can’t really put my finger on what it was exactly that we liked better, but it was really fun!

We have been to both. We like TL more, it seems like it has less climbing and walking. DH and DD enjoy going thru the reef and Cruch and Gush water coaster. You can go on the Disney website and compare the two parks and pick the one that would suit your family.

Sorry, it is Crush (hit wrong key)

We’ve never been to BB, but LOVED TL. The kiddie area was a lot of fun for my littlest who was 6, but the wave pool was the most fun we’ve ever had at any water park. Even my parents (in their late 50s) had a great time in that wave pool. The water slides were fine, but I would have been fine even without them. The lazy river was pretty fun and the White sand beach was gorgeous. They also have a QM restaurant where the kids meals are served in a pail with a shovel if your kids are little enough. Loved it, Loved it, Loved it.

Of course, this next trip we are doing both water parks, so I will be able to offer a comparison, but not until mid-July. Have fun, and I’m sure whichever park you pick you will be pleased. It’s WDW after all!

We never go during the warm months either. I promised the oldest that one day we will go back during the summer so she can do the waterparks. It’s just so dang hot then! I am going to look for the webcam views.

We like TL better because we are tropical theme junkies. However, both parks are really fun.

TL has the Storm Slides and some really excellent tube rides for pairs and families. Not to mention the Shark Tank, which is a really memorable experience. The lazy river is so fun, and hte wave pool is really exciting. Go early, and split up inside the gates, with one of you getting towels and a locker, and the other getting some lounge chairs in the shade (you’ll be glad later!) The section for little kids is off to the left and includes a play area with water cannons and slides, and the Shark Tank/Storm Slides are off to the right. The new CrushNGusher is off to the right, as well.

BB has a smaller wave pool and a really cool play/training area for older kids and young teens. The family raft ride and the racing bobs and so forth are really fun. The area for little kids is off to the right and includes lots of little slides. If your party is more thrill-seeking, BB is right for you. I think the slides at BB are a little scarier in general.

We never used to do the water parks either, but our last child at home is going to be 13 in May :crying: and in the past 10 years we’ve been to Disney 12 times at least! He loves them, his favorite is TL. We no longer have to be at the parks at the crack of dawn, we stay later usually intil the parks close. We usually go 2-3 times in the 8 days we’re there. I think it’s almost $50. for a single visit so even if we just go twice we’ve made out. Disney Quest is included in that price too if you have any game addicts :laugh:

TL was our favorite. Shark Reef was so cool to swim through, the wave pool and lazy river was awesome, theming was great and the Crush N Gusher was the bomb!! Cute little kids area to play in too, definitely a good time. Too much climbing at TL for us and I’m afraid of heights and we got stuck on the ski lift for about 15 minutes:angry:!

Agreed abotu the climbing. And the chairlift does not seem safe to me. It would be very easy for a kid to fall out and down onto that cement “snow.” I only let our kids ride that once. After I saw how unsafe it felt, it was the stairs for us!

We’ve done both water parks, and TL is our favorite.

I think the Water Pass and More option only benefits if you are planning on spending two or more days in the park, or if you plan on using any of the other features like DQuest. Otherwise, I would just purchase a one-day ticket.

Oh, and I have the same opinion as MissDisney on that chair lift at BB, a child could fall out of that so easily.

This is just my opinion I love TL although BB has some fast exciting rides :laugh:

One other consideration is that if you usually go during the winter months, then TL is usually closed for rehab at that time and you’d only be able to go to BB. If thagt were the case for us, we’d take advantage of TL being open this trip and go there, with th eplan of going to BB on a rare warm day during one of our winter trips.

:blink:We have been to both waterparks and it is a close tie between the two in my opinion. BB has some awesome slides but TL has the Shark Reef and the larger wave pool. I really don’t think you can go wrong either way.

As far as tickets I am partial to undercovertourists.com but I don’t think they sell individual waterpark tickets; just the waterparks and more option. You might want to check with AAA for discount tickets.

I agree with everyone about the chair lift!! I though I was going to fall out! I think I had a death grip on my girls making sure they didn’t fall out.

We have also been to both water parks and we prefer BB over TL. Our children who were 8 and 11 when we went are short for thier age and found that there was not alot for them to do at TL. They were also afraid of the large waves at TL’s wave pool. We had a blast at BB and they said next time we go they would rather go to BB twice and just skip TL all together

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention this. That wave pool is darn right dangerous. The water is so forceful, I saw many times people getting bumped, scraped and bruised. Lots of people looked like they were having fun, but I was just scared.

Thanks everyone! Gut feeling was that TL was better for our family. We’re not thrill-seekers, just like to hang out at the water. DS is 6 and a good swimmer, so I’m comfortable with that, but slides, especially big ones, still freak him out a little. (That’s ok, they freak me out a lot!) Sounds like I was on the right track.

We’re going in May, so it should be comfortable then. I can’t see that we would spend more than one day at a waterpark and I’m trying to keep him out of DisneyQuest for a couple more years anyway. He’s way too gamer-inclined. I’d like Disney to be about the parks, not the video games.

I’ve got a friend who’s local looking for deals for us and we’re not in a big hurry, so we’ll see what we find. I’m sure I can buy single day tickets at the park!

Thanks for the thoughts! Keep 'em coming!

[QUOTE=mickeymommy;1020751]Thanks everyone! Gut feeling was that TL was better for our family. We’re not thrill-seekers, just like to hang out at the water. DS is 6 and a good swimmer, so I’m comfortable with that, but slides, especially big ones, still freak him out a little. (That’s ok, they freak me out a lot!) Sounds like I was on the right track.

We’re going in May, so it should be comfortable then. I can’t see that we would spend more than one day at a waterpark and I’m trying to keep him out of DisneyQuest for a couple more years anyway. He’s way too gamer-inclined. I’d like Disney to be about the parks, not the video games.

I’ve got a friend who’s local looking for deals for us and we’re not in a big hurry, so we’ll see what we find. I’m sure I can buy single day tickets at the park!

Thanks for the thoughts! Keep 'em coming![/QUOTE]

I don’t enjoy slides either–at least not the ones that you go on your own. The ones that use a float or raft are really fun! I have to admit that I am actually pretty fearful of water, and the water parks made me a little anxious, but the slides with floats were GREAT! You really should try those. The family rafts were my favorite. :happy:

[QUOTE=mickeymommy;1020751]Thanks everyone! Gut feeling was that TL was better for our family. We’re not thrill-seekers, just like to hang out at the water. DS is 6 and a good swimmer, so I’m comfortable with that, but slides, especially big ones, still freak him out a little. (That’s ok, they freak me out a lot!) Sounds like I was on the right track.

Thanks for the thoughts! Keep 'em coming![/QUOTE]

We didn’t take Ds to Quest until he was in 5th grade!!! If you go to TL, make sure your son had water shoes, pavement is very rough in wave pool.

If you head off to the left of the park, there is a little “bay” off the wave pool, with a small slide and gentle waves. The waves form the wave pool sort of curl around into the bay, so little kids can get the feel of the wave pool without getting tipped over.