Water Parks

My daughters have asked to go to Blizzard Beach this summer (again, thanks a lot Stacy! You & your countdown!) so I’m looking into it.

Anyone have experience with which park (Blizzard Beach of Typhoon Lagoon) is better? I went to Typhoon Lagoon and River Country in the early '90s, but don’t have any more recent experience with Disney water parks.

Also, is there a separate ticket just for the water parks, or do you have to buy a one-day MYW ticket with water parks & more option? That seems expensive.

Thanks!

My DD like Typhoon alot. She was really into the wave pool and the shark/fish swim thingy…my DBF took her and the other kids…I don’t do water parks and therefore have no opinion.:laugh:

My family enjoys Blizzard Beach the most, but we like both water parks. Typoon Lagoon seems to be more popular with MBers.

I have done both, and I prefer BB, but I can’t tell you exactly why. Maybe because I’m from Florida and therefore the snow theme appeals to me more, vs the tropical storm theme? :laugh: Baloo prefers TL because of the wave pool, shark swim, and “they have more slides,” according to him - I don’t know if that’s accurate or not. Both are great and you’ll have a great time no matter which you pick.

Yes, there is a separate ticket. We have season passes which do not include water parks, so we just go to the ticket window at the water park and buy a one day ticket whenever we go.

Scroll down on this page to Water Park Single-Day Ticket for more info:
Tickets | Passes | Walt Disney World Resort

Hope this helps! :happy:

BB has the better overall park but TL has the best wave pool and Crusher Gusher. Depends on how old your DD’s are, the younger would like BB the best I think and teens maybe TL.

I love them both, although I think I have a soft spot for TL as it was the first we went to as BB wasn’t built then. Both parks are great fun.

I too like both parks but prefer TL. Now, it just so happens we haven’t been to TL for some time because we always go during the refurb time. My DDs like BB more because they say it has more to do. They are 7 and 8 so I guess it is best to take their opinions.

I guess I must be a wimp when it comes to water, because the wave pool is way too violent for me at TL. If your kids are good swimmers, they may enjoy it. I was just stressed out because I’m not a good swimmer, and kept worrying about everyone elses little kids who kept getting plowed under by the forceful waves, and then scraped up from the bottom, trying to get up from being knocked down. I definitely prefer BB.

You can add the waterparks and more option to your tickets for $50. per person which will basically give you length of stay privledges to the waterparks and Disney quest( one per day) It’s almost $50.00 for a one day ticket I believe, so ig you go twice you’ve made out!! We like TL the best!!

TL is my favorite,but BB hassome fun attractions especially the big slides were you can get up to 70 MPH on the slide

We’ve only done Typhoon Lagoon - which we all love. Blizzard Beach holds no interest for us - I don’t want to see even fake snow when I’m in Florida.

From what I’ve been told by by water park experts (teenage boys), BB is geared more to the “thrills” and older kids. TL is more family-friendly.

[QUOTE=llama;1025828]We’ve only done Typhoon Lagoon - which we all love. Blizzard Beach holds no interest for us - I don’t want to see even fake snow when I’m in Florida.

From what I’ve been told by by water park experts (teenage boys), BB is geared more to the “thrills” and older kids. TL is more family-friendly.[/QUOTE]

yes i believe that is accurate,but BB also has family things also,part of the entertainment is watching some on those huge plunges at up to 70MPH,and the slide next to it the same height with undulations as you come down …it is quite entertaining

Overall I seem to prefer BB, but so far, only TL has the Crush n Gusher watercoaster.
I too think that BB is the more “thrilling” of the two parks, but they do both have long lazy rivers that circle the parks and huge pools at their centers.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1025725]
Yes, there is a separate ticket. We have season passes which do not include water parks, so we just go to the ticket window at the water park and buy a one day ticket whenever we go. [/QUOTE]

We have premium APs, so we can go to Disney Quest and the water parks and not think about it, although we somehow almost never get to the water parks.

We LOVE TL! Here are a few reasons why:

1. Crushin Gusher (my kids love it, they ride it together (DS9, DD8)
  2. Shark Reef, awesome.
  3. Wave pool (great photo op, have a Photopass photogragher take a family pic as the wave crashes into you).
  4. The storm slides.
  5. The Lazy River.

BB is OK, but it has too many stairs to climb.

yes and that is a problem the older you get…

I love crusher gusher and the storm slides ,but the stairs to get to the storm slides just get tougher and tougher

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1025725]I have done both, and I prefer BB, but I can’t tell you exactly why. Maybe because I’m from Florida and therefore the snow theme appeals to me more, vs the tropical storm theme?

Yes, there is a separate ticket. We have season passes which do not include water parks, so we just go to the ticket window at the water park and buy a one day ticket whenever we go.

Scroll down on this page to Water Park Single-Day Ticket for more info:
Tickets | Passes | Walt Disney World Resort

Hope this helps! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I noticed that we get a discount (don’t remember if it’s 10 or 20% off) on water park tickets, so I was wondering how this worked.

Blizzard Beach has always appealed more to me, too…and I think it’s because I’m from Florida and love seeing all the snow (even if it is fake)!

Thanks to everyone for their input…this definitely gives me a lot to consider.

I have been to both… Typhoon is our favorite… kids (DD11,DS8) love the wave pool hands down beats any other wave pool… and the shark reef is really cool!! (except for the water temp)

They both have really great, long, lazy rivers. Not sure you can go wrong with either park!!

We love TL … We have yet to try BB. Just to be able to sit in the water and soak up some rays while enjoying a “Frosty” beverage is top notch! We make sure to sit close to one of the refreshment huts!:closedeye