Water parks

Hi all…
I have some time before our trip but I was wonder, since we’ve never ever did the water parks, what can anyone tell me about them?
What should we be bringing to the water parks besides the obvious bathing suits lol, do we bring our own towels? I’m assuming yes.

Any info would be great thank you!

I suggest water shoes, the ground can get really hot between the attractions!!!

Great thank you!! :mickey:

For sure some sort of footwear that you can also wear on the slides.
Even if the ground isn’t hot, it’s better to have traction on slippery pavement.

I believe there are towels in various locations, same as at resort pools, but don’t take my word for it. I always have brought along a towel and kept it with my dry clothes in a locker.
And of course, the shops in TL and BB have a wide range of beachwear and accessories including Mickey themed bath sheets.

I thought you had to ‘hire’ the towels at the water parks for a small charge- We always take our own towels so you might want to check that out.
Also if you’re going in at opening, go claim your lounger/ chairs first before you do anything else as those get snapped up really quickly- lay your shoes or anything on the lounger to stake your claim and then you are free to get changed get towels etc.
And although the loungers and chairs near the main pools are great for access to the water, if its hot, there’s very little shade in that area which may be a consideration for you. The water parks are both amazing, and you’ll have a terrific time there-such enormous fun!

Awesome thanks guys!

I’m pretty sure the towels are no charge there-but we always end up buying the huge ones in the gift shop since they are cute and much more absorbent:laugh::laugh: We’re such suckers:laugh::laugh:

We pack old towels to go to disney because we end up buying new ones at the water park and then we can leave the old ones behind

Here are a few tips for the water parks:

1. Towels are available for rent, they are $2 each and both parks have them in at least 2 locations. They are pretty thin and don’t hold much water. I would recommend bringing your own.

2. If you plan on going during the summer, get there early. By late morning, most of the chairs are taken and the lines do get long. Take advantage of extra magic hours. Even at peak season, the parks in usually near empty during EMH.

3. You can bring a cooler. No glass or alcohol will be admitted.

4. Get a refillable mug. You can purchase the mug, or if you have one already, you can purchase a sticker for that day for $7. There are several refill stations around the park.

5. Take advantage of free life vests for children and adult. They are available at Snowless Joe’s (BB) and High & Dry (TL)

6. Do the popular attractions at park opening or just before park close and save the wave pools and creeks for afternoon when the lines are long at the attractions.

7. If you are visiting between March and September, have your photo taken with Photopass. The have special water park cards that are smaller and you can wear on your wrist while playing in the park.

8. Rent a locker. Small lockers are available for $8 and can safe guard your valuables, such as your wallet.

9. When you get to the park, purchase a wristband gift certificate (available in any amount) You can wear it in the water and not have to worry about carrying cash while playing in parks. They can be purchased at the gift shops.

10. During the busy seasons, both water parks do a “First Family” ceremony. I don’t want to give it all away, but they choose a family every day at each park and there are some free items given, a premium spot to lounge all day and a few other surprises.

11. Characters can be spotted at the water parks between Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend. Ask any cast member for information for that day.

I was lucky to have worked as a photographer at both parks last summer and I LOVE them both. You’ll have a blast!

We have a preference for Typhoon Lagoon because of the wave pool. Be there 20 minutes before rope drop to ensure that you can claim one of the little huts for your family to sit under. You will want the shade in the afternoon. As a northerner who travels when it’s cool up here but warm down there, I found we have to be careful about sunburn (especially my DD)

If you decide on Blizzard Beach, I feel like there is more shade available there than that at TL.

[QUOTE=Jen;1068171]Here are a few tips for the water parks:

1. Towels are available for rent, they are $2 each and both parks have them in at least 2 locations. They are pretty thin and don’t hold much water. I would recommend bringing your own.

2. If you plan on going during the summer, get there early. By late morning, most of the chairs are taken and the lines do get long. Take advantage of extra magic hours. Even at peak season, the parks in usually near empty during EMH.

3. You can bring a cooler. No glass or alcohol will be admitted.

4. Get a refillable mug. You can purchase the mug, or if you have one already, you can purchase a sticker for that day for $7. There are several refill stations around the park.

5. Take advantage of free life vests for children and adult. They are available at Snowless Joe’s (BB) and High & Dry (TL)

6. Do the popular attractions at park opening or just before park close and save the wave pools and creeks for afternoon when the lines are long at the attractions.

7. If you are visiting between March and September, have your photo taken with Photopass. The have special water park cards that are smaller and you can wear on your wrist while playing in the park.

8. Rent a locker. Small lockers are available for $8 and can safe guard your valuables, such as your wallet.

9. When you get to the park, purchase a wristband gift certificate (available in any amount) You can wear it in the water and not have to worry about carrying cash while playing in parks. They can be purchased at the gift shops.

10. During the busy seasons, both water parks do a “First Family” ceremony. I don’t want to give it all away, but they choose a family every day at each park and there are some free items given, a premium spot to lounge all day and a few other surprises.

11. Characters can be spotted at the water parks between Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend. Ask any cast member for information for that day.

I was lucky to have worked as a photographer at both parks last summer and I LOVE them both. You’ll have a blast![/QUOTE]

awesome!
thank you so much!

Thank you all for the wonderful input!