Water rides in Sept

As I have mentioned before, we have always been a July/Aug visitor but this year we’re going in Sept (13-18). Previous visits always guaranteed us perfect ‘getting drenched’ weather. According to what I’ve read we should experience temps in the ranges of 72-90. Are the rides as enjoyable in September?

yes. I was there in September one year, and it was 96 at noon. I would not worry about it being too cool at all. Have fun!

I agree, don’t worry about being chilly.

We were there last sept. for two weeks and left Oct 2. We were sweating just standing around and did an extra day at Blizzard Beach because it was so warm. I wouldn’t worry about it. I loved going in Sept and the wait times when we were there were fabulous!!!

Have fun.

September is just as hot as August so you’ll be just fine.

I may have found my new favorite time to go to DW! I love the heat. And I love the off season pricing even more.:biggrin:

Thanks all. Now. About those pesky hurricanes.:crying:

Should be perfectly fine! Though where I’m from it’s really warm when it hits 72! lol:laugh:

[QUOTE=disney1;1038419]I may have found my new favorite time to go to DW! I love the heat. And I love the off season pricing even more.:biggrin:

Thanks all. Now. About those pesky hurricanes.:crying:[/QUOTE]

We lucked out when we were there it either rained during our dinner (most of the rain happened during this time) once when we decided to take an afternoon nap and my DD and my favorite time it downpoured while we were on HM and they let us just keep going on again and again without waiting or leaving the building and then when it let up we left and splashed in puddles. We lucked out it only rained maybe 5 times when we were there in 2 weeks.

Besides sept has MNSSHP and that makes up for the bit of rain

[QUOTE=MomBee;1038428]We lucked out when we were there it either rained during our dinner (most of the rain happened during this time) once when we decided to take an afternoon nap and my DD and my favorite time it downpoured while we were on HM and they let us just keep going on again and again without waiting or leaving the building and then when it let up we left and splashed in puddles. We lucked out it only rained maybe 5 times when we were there in 2 weeks.

Besides sept has MNSSHP and that makes up for the bit of rain[/QUOTE]

That’s why we’re going then. Our 25th is in August but my DW has always wanted to see this sooooo…

September is freakin’ hot too!
Up north you might still get 80 degree days in late September.
In Florida, not only are you still guaranteed 90 degree plus days, you’ve still got a 50/50 chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. There is no cold front with enough power behind it to drop all the way to Orlando in September.
Just be aware, it is love bug season.

Ive only ever been in September. Its wonderful. Wait times are low and the temp is warm! You may actually run to some of the water rides lol. As far as rain (knock on wood) it has never rained while I was there. Unless it happened over night lol

The more I read about September the more I’m diggin’ it. :laugh: Luckily the attractions down for refurbishment aren’t ‘must sees’ in our book. IaSW :frown: and Star Tours.

Now that we are without kids, September may become our month of choice. Great weather, better pricing, smaller crowds, MNSSHP. It just keeps getting better and better. Rain; while inevitable, is always a crap shoot. We’ve only ever had one really bad rain during our visits and that’s the night I learned that HS has absolutely poor drainage. Ankle deep from ToT all the way to the bus stop!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1038448]September is freakin’ hot too!
Up north you might still get 80 degree days in late September.
In Florida, not only are you still guaranteed 90 degree plus days, you’ve still got a 50/50 chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. There is no cold front with enough power behind it to drop all the way to Orlando in September.
Just be aware, it is love bug season.[/QUOTE]

I just 'wiki’d the Love Bug:eek: Does Dis keep them under control and/or what kind of a nuisance are they? I expect to drive thru them on the way down but what about the parks and resorts?

Nobody can keep them under control!!!
They’re simply annoying to humans and otherwise harmless.
Unless you are an automobile that is covered in them after you’ve plowed through a swarm.
In that case, wash them off as soon as you can because dead vaporized love bugs destroy the paint.
In the parks, they could have relatively few, or they can swarm as well. It varies from day to day and hour to hour although the bugs seem to be attracted to the heat coming off black asphalt.
I have also seen them really bad at the south end of the property, really bad at AKL and AK, but almost not there at MK and the Contemporary.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1038467]Nobody can keep them under control!!!
They’re simply annoying to humans and otherwise harmless.
Unless you are an automobile that is covered in them after you’ve plowed through a swarm.
In that case, wash them off as soon as you can because dead vaporized love bugs destroy the paint.
In the parks, they could have relatively few, or they can swarm as well. It varies from day to day and hour to hour although the bugs seem to be attracted to the heat coming off black asphalt.
I have also seen them really bad at the south end of the property, really bad at AKL and AK, but almost not there at MK and the Contemporary.[/QUOTE]

Guess where we’re staying?:laugh: Thanks.:laugh:

Our last two September visits were unbearably hot, so much so that we pushed our trip back to 10/30-11/6 this year. You will not be cold unless some freakish weather pattern rolls in.

There was an issue w/the love bugs when I went in 2003, but 2009, I saw maybe 10. (pairings that is lol) but I did see a GINOURMOUS dragon fly on the steps up to WDW Railroad!

Yuk:blow: That dragon fly is the size of a piper cub!

I don’t care what fancy name they call these Florida bugs, like Palmetto Bugs, they are just a roaches and other nasty bugs!

[QUOTE=simplytall;1038473]Yuk:blow: That dragon fly is the size of a piper cub!

I don’t care what fancy name they call these Florida bugs, like Palmetto Bugs, they are just a roaches and other nasty bugs![/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. I think that I have grown a tolerance for bugs. I am a storage facility manager and I come across all kindsa everything. But THAT thing caught my eye halfway down the steps. lol People didnt even get mad I stopped to take a picture of it lol. If I didnt know better I swear you could see my reflection in his eyes lol:laugh::laugh::laugh:

2009 huh? Maybe we’ll go then.:laugh: