Wave!

So, due to some day switching and park changing we have been able to reserve a breakfast at The Wave at the Contemporary. Has anyone been here for breakfast? Is it good?

I’m trying it for the first time on my upcoming trip, so I can let you know when I get back.

Basically, how can you mess up breakfast?
An egg is an egg and all of the restaurants use the same waffle and pancake batters.
I think that’s the meal I’d least worry about.

I have heard it was great and they even do a little buffet if you choose… I’m pretty sure it is not the standard egg and pancake/waffle as the wave is a little different.

One day I’ll have to see about the pancakes and waffles. I do know that Cat Cora’s pancake batter didn’t exhibit any real difference from all the usual places.
Looking at the Wave’s menu, it does specify “multi-grain” waffles and French toast, so they would be different than regular enriched white wheat. The omelets and frittatas always leave room for guest customization, but I don’t see that they’re anything other than regular eggs and not organic, free range, or even brown eggs just reading the menu. The interesting thing is sweet potato pancakes.

And then there’s this little eye opener: Bay Lake Sunrise - 4 Orange Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Sprite :whistling

We ate there last yr. We really enjoyed it. The buffet is fairly standard, but they do have sweet potato pancakes with pecan butter. We loved them. Our server was great. Friendly, didn’t feel rushed. We had TIW if that matters to anyone. (some people wonder if one gets different service if using a dining plan or TIW)

I have never had breakfast at The Wave but we did have dinner once. We decided last minute to eat there instead of jumping across the World for dinner. I had read bad reviews, but we all really liked it. There were 11 in our party and it was by far the best service we had throughout the entire trip.

I have never noticed a difference.

The server will not know if you are using a TiW card until they ring it up at the ensd of your meal.

We are often asked if we are on a dining plan or using TIW. But we’ve never noticed any difference anyway.

Actually, they ask before they even start to take your order if you are on a dining plan, to which the automatic answer is “No, but we’re TIW”.
Sure, you don’t have to tell them right then, but I think it’s better to get that piece of business out of the way so when you’re finished with your meal and it’s check time, they already know to ask for the TIW card so they can prepare your proper bill.

…can’t they color code cards for dining plans or something?? I gotta tell you it gets pretty old each and every time you hand your room card over to swipe for counter service…and before you can say anything they ask are you on a dining plan…are you on a dining plan…that’s one thing we said we wouldn’t miss as we were leaving …no no a thousand times no!!!

If they color coded cards, they wouldn’t even need to ask at all…

…that and/or an express lane for non dining plans at busy counter service places…standing behind a guest who has already used up his meals but is insisting he hasn’t ?..or has no clue what’s on his plan…thereby holding up the long line is another pain…

Ok…down off my soapbox…returning to your regular programming…:mellow:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1121619]…can’t they color code cards for dining plans or something?? I gotta tell you it gets pretty old each and every time you hand your room card over to swipe for counter service…and before you can say anything they ask are you on a dining plan…are you on a dining plan…that’s one thing we said we wouldn’t miss as we were leaving …no no a thousand times no!!!

If they color coded cards, they wouldn’t even need to ask at all…

…that and/or an express lane for non dining plans at busy counter service places…standing behind a guest who has already used up his meals but is insisting he hasn’t ?..or has no clue what’s on his plan…thereby holding up the long line is another pain…

Ok…down off my soapbox…returning to your regular programming…:mellow:[/QUOTE]

It isn’t as if they don’t plainly print on the room keys “Dining Plan” and how many people are on it. And yes, I too am asked when clearly I’m not.

Well, my my, that sparked a debate lol.

I will agree that the majority of breakfasts are the same, but some places have a little difference. Boma for instance has its own juice and African specific foods. But, it also has the standards.

As far as the color coding, I agree somewhat on that, Maybe just put the DDP emblum on the DDP users cards instead of asking. I dont have a problem being asked or telling someone I am on the DDP, but others might, I mean, how much effort is it to say “yes” or “no”? Its a one syllable answer. Dont get me wrong, I understand that its frustrating to have to answer the same question over and over, but meh…its not that big a deal to me.

You know the servers get more tired of asking it a 100 times per day, every day they work.

Ok I will give you that lol

…that’s why I think having different cards would be good…and I’m talking about counter service mainly here…we don’t do DDP and only a few sit downs during our visit so…I’m basically talking about hearing the same question over and over again all day long…for every meal, snack…I’m certain the cashiers would benefit from color coding too…:smile:

There already is color coding. There are two different colored keys. One is the standard key and the other is for club level guests. Neither has anything to do with dining plan participation.
I had a whole different post from here, but the short version is, multiple colors won’t work as well as you think and the questions won’t really stop because there are still too many variables at the point of sale (register).

Of the 4 times we have been to the wave, every time the service has been horrible. Food is good and I really like the buffet, but it has been crossed off our list due to the service. Once our order was placed, we never saw our waitress/waiter again. Or, they have been too busy chatting with other co-workers to wait on their customers. I would say try it yourself, we just never have luck with them.

Is the buffet normal Disney buffet foods?