WDW 7/8-7/22 here we come - update

So I did something CRAZY:blink: today!!! We are still staying at CBR in the pirate room for the first 4 nights while we do “off” resort stuff…BUT…I changed us to the Polynesian for the 10 nights we’ll be doing the WDW part…was only slightly over $1K more for the whole 10 days (including DDP)…did I do the right thing? Am I crazy? Will we regret it? Or…will it be as spectacular as I think it will be?
:confused:

If you are going to use the resort, then no, it’s not crazy. I just hated spending $$$ on a room and being in the parks 24/7 when the kids were younger. As they grew up the kids wanted to spend more time decompressing from school and lay around the resort, so it was worth it.

Enjoy your time at the Poly. Have you ever stayed at one of the deluxe resorts?

With 10 tens, I think you will have lots of time to enjoy the resort which will be great.

I would love to stay at the Poly!

oh man! I envy you!!! :happy: You will LOVE the Polynesian. It is truly a stunning and friendly resort. It will always hold a very special place in my heart as it is where DH and I honeymooned back in 2000. It was and still is a very warm, friendly, relaxing, beautiful property and I dream of one day going back there to stay myself and letting our DD stay there too so she too can love it like we do. We always visit there every trip and enjoy a meal at Ohana and some cocktails at the tiki bar.

YOu and your family will just adore it, I promise you

I don’t think you will regret it. I did enjoy my short stay there and it’s definately worth doing once. I just can’t justify doing it twice for the price.

Thank you all for the support!!! DW is pretty excited…she says we WILL be spending some time at the resort to get the most out of it. We decided we aren’t going to the tell the kids until the day we are checking out of CBR…then we will throw the surprise on them. I know DS17 wil LOVE it…not sure how DS9 will take it, I think he will love it as well.

You will absolutey be happy you made the change.

You can walk to the TTC to pick up the monorail to EPCOT. We loved it!! We stayed in Tokelau. Short walk to the House and TTC and Bus stop.

Also, make sure you set aside a night to grab a few drinks and take them to the hill to watch the water pagent and fireworks:)

I say if you can afford it go for it! you only live once.

Have a great vacation.

:whistling[QUOTE=hiner;1075101]You will absolutey be happy you made the change.

You can walk to the TTC to pick up the monorail to EPCOT. We loved it!! We stayed in Tokelau. Short walk to the House and TTC and Bus stop.

Also, make sure you set aside a night to grab a few drinks and take them to the hill to watch the water pagent and fireworks:)[/QUOTE]

Drinks…water pageant…Poly…WDW…:mickey:

Ok, no work getting done today (or the next 65 days for that matter) :whistling

Drinks…water pageant…Poly…WDW…:mickey:

Ok, no work getting done today (or the next 65 days for that matter) :whistling[/QUOTE]

I hear ya! Sounds like a fantastic trip! And the POLY?

I am jealous!

Just fyi, I’m sure you’re prepared but just in case, if you’re not from FL, make sure to read up on some tips as to how to stay cool in July. Because it is sweltering that time of year…

We stayed at he Poly last October. The convenience is worth it. The monorail cut a lot of travel time out. Enjoy your trip.

[QUOTE=papa bear;1075195]I hear ya! Sounds like a fantastic trip! And the POLY?

I am jealous!

Just fyi, I’m sure you’re prepared but just in case, if you’re not from FL, make sure to read up on some tips as to how to stay cool in July. Because it is sweltering that time of year…[/QUOTE]

We can’t wait :goofybounce:

Can’t say we are prepared for the heat…been away for awhile from that kind of heat…but having lived in MS from 01’-05’ we certainly know what we are in for…

We certainly would love to not have to schedule based on “kid calendar”, but you got to do what you got to do…and besides…ANY time at WDW is better than none at all :mickey:

Thank You…It’s going to take me a month when we get back to do the TR :laugh:

No, for $1000, you made the right decision. If you’re going to be there for ten days, the resort makes a big difference. If you can fit it in your budget, it’s worth $100/day to be more comfortable; your overall experience will be better!

I stayed at the Poly in 2006 with my daughter and we loved it! Her best friend and family were staying at Port Orleans during the same 10 days, and we had her best friend do a sleepover at the Poly in our room. The entire resort is just beautiful! We always find time in our annual trip to visit the Poly and our fond memories of the 2006 trip!