WDW Dining Suggestions

I will be visiting WDW for a week with my husband and 2 kids (a boy, 9 and a girl, 11) in November. I am wanting to go to a few character breakfasts, but I am not sure which ones are the best. My husband is a picky eater, so any place with great food is a plus…any suggestions?

Also, I am thinking of booking the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Is this worth it? Which restaurant would be the best to book?

Thanks!

for character meals, we LOVE O’hana’s (Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch) the food is delicious and served family style.
We also like Crystal Palace (Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore), Great food, good ambiance
Chef Mickey’s is good…Mickey shaped waffles!
We will be doing a lot of breakfasts when we go in a couple of weeks, I will be taking lots of pictures and giving reviews in my TR!

As far as the Fantasmic Dinner Package, we did it at Mama Melrose, food is pretty good, portions were a little small for dh, but I thought it was good :slight_smile: and we liked being able to have the reserved seating for Fantasmic because it is an AMAZING show. People line up VERY early for it !! I think we got there like two hours early to get the first row!

Woohoo! Another South Carolinian…welcome!!
As far as your question goes…it depends…what characters would you like to see?
For the classic characters Chef Mickey’s is great. For Pooh an friends Crystal Palace is great (you can make your res before the park opens and walk down an almost empty main street) for Princesses Akershus in Epcot is wonderful.
I haven’t done the Fantasmic Package in years simply bc I am not really a fan of the places available. Unless you’re going at a busy time (holidays or summer) you really don’t need it if you don’t mind waiting for a bit.

Welcome to MB! I came here 5 years ago w a question just like yours and I’ve never left.

We love O’Hana’s. Characters are fun and the food is tasty. Chef Mickey is fun too! I don’t think you will have a problem wherever you choose! Have fun and welcome!

Crystal Palace is a great breakfast with a huge buffet selection. My mum is a fussy eater but she always finds a few platefulls here. O’Hanas gets my vote too, tried it once and cannot wait to go back! They have the best potatoes in the whole of wdw! Chef Mickeys is great if your after a high energy breakfast, kids especially love this one!

1900 Park Fare in the Grand Flordian. Characters are Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh… It’s a buffet that pretty much runs the same price as the rest with plenty to choose from to accomodate most all taste.

[QUOTE=TheAyers;1013294]I will be visiting WDW for a week with my husband and 2 kids (a boy, 9 and a girl, 11) in November. I am wanting to go to a few character breakfasts, but I am not sure which ones are the best. My husband is a picky eater, so any place with great food is a plus…any suggestions?

Also, I am thinking of booking the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Is this worth it? Which restaurant would be the best to book?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The Fantasmic Dinner package is something we have done everytime we go to HS. We go to Hollywood & Vine and LOVE not having to wait for ever jsut to get decent seats!

but I would definately go to Cinderella’s Castle for breakfast, your daughter will absolutely love it :laugh:
chef mickeys, crystal palace, and princess storybook!

I will second 1900 Park Fare, and the characters are different for dinner–Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Stepmother and Stepsisters, who are hilarious!

My family and I also like Chef Mickey’s, Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club for breakfast, and the Crystal Palace.

We like Chef Mickey’s and Cape May for character breakfasts. Chef Mickey’s has one or two more characters but cape May is quieter and not as crowded (when we’ve been there). Chef Mickey’s is usually pretty loud but it’s a fun loud.

We have been to Crystal Palace and love it. We have also been to Chef Mickeys and that was alot of fun. 1900 Park Fare was really good as well. I went there for breakfast but will go there for dinner for the first time in June. I hear dinner is a hoot and can’t wait to try it. By the way, WELCOME TO MOUSEBUZZ!!!

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful suggestions!

I’ve done Crystal Palace and it was great. The kids and dh have done Chef Mickeys also and loved it. You can find menu’s on AllEars website they should be more or less up to date. This way dh has an idea of what he’d like to eat and where.

Walt Disney World Dining Menus Information

From there you can go anywhere in AllEars site and see what they have and what the meal will more or less be like. Have fun!

We like the Crystal Place the characters were fun, and it was a good breakfast, with a lot of choices on the buffet.

I will third (or fourth, whatever) Park Fare Lane. The breakfast buffet is wonderful (especially the thin, crispy bacon) and lots of choices. We also liked O’hana’s - served family style.

Another fan of Crystal Palace here…it’s now been added to our yearly “must-do’s”.

We loved Tusker House; the characters didn’t seem as rushed as they were at Chef Mickey’s. We also really liked Park Fare for dinner, the stepmother was great. When she learned I was a stepmother too she was hilarious!

My vote for 1900 Park Fare vs Crystal Palace. Better selection, quality for the money in my book.

Both me and my daughter are pretty picky eaters and here are our favorite character meals: Polynesian breakfast, Crystal Palace breakfast, 1900 park fare dinner (My daughter’s pick), Chef mickey’s (my daughters pick) and Donalds breakfast at the Animal Kingdom.

As for the Fantasmic package, I prefer Momma’s as my choice of restaurant. I think Hollywood and Vine’s food is disgusting.