WDW Free Dining 2009

So, do you think we will see free dining for 2009?

I voted Yes! With things the way they are, I think they are going to keep all discounts and special offers in place to keep people coming.

I think it will only be the quick service dining this year. We were able to take advantage of the Free dining last year and we saw how much those table service meals cost!! With the economy the way it is, I dont think Disney will be 'giving away that many ‘free’ table service meals this year.

I voted yeas for the quick service. I would also not be suprised if they have another discount on top of the free dining.

I voted YES. I am still unsure if they will offer the Basic Dining Plan or the Quick Service Dining Plan, but it’s proved to be a VERY popular promotion for Disney. In these economic times, they are going to have to continue with the promotions to bring people back. The buy 4/get 3 is great, but by August the promotion is already stale. They will have to create (or recreate) a new promotion to bring people there. Free Dining will do just that.

I would vote yes as well.

I voted yes too… They will do whatever it takes to draw the people in

I voted 4/3. I am afraid of free dining :laugh:

I think yes we will.

I’m sure it will be offered, travel is down.

Yes, because I just received an offer for it in an email. :laugh:

[I]Enjoy FREE Dining!
Free Disney Dining Plan when you purchase this vacation package that includes accommodations and Theme Park tickets!
4-Night/5-Day vacation package
$ 1,284 *

for a family of four in a standard room at select Disney Value Resorts. For stays most nights 8/16/09–10/1/09.
That’s a savings of $523![/I]

I just got the free dining pin too.

Gonna hafta say yes on this one!

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;932013]Yes, because I just received an offer for it in an email. :laugh:

[I]Enjoy FREE Dining!
Free Disney Dining Plan when you purchase this vacation package that includes accommodations and Theme Park tickets!
$ 1,284 *

for a family of four in a standard room at select Disney Value Resorts. For stays most nights 8/16/09–10/1/09.
That’s a savings of $523![/I][/QUOTE]

I got this PIN code offer by email too. But I’m not sure if it means free dining is coming or if it’s a sub for free dining. Sent to a select (random) group.

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;932013]Yes, because I just received an offer for it in an email. :laugh:

[I]Enjoy FREE Dining!
$ 1,284 *

We received a similar Pin Code offer for 5night/6days including tickets for $564per adult and receive a $500 gift card at check-in (which is probably similar in price to the DP).

I voted yes for the free dining - I think offering free food is a cheap way for Disney to entice guests. The mark-up on food is huge. It is a small loss for Disney but a big benefit to guests and I think Disney would rather see the money in its resorts than in its food.

booked free dinning already for September 2009 Mmmmmm

I voted YES!!! I hope they offer free dining, that means more spending money.

yes but quick service only.

I think they are going to do the CS as free.

[I]Enjoy FREE Dining!
$ 1,284 *

I voted yes. I received the same offer, and ended up booking a trip for this August 19th to 27th :biggrin:

It does include the basic Dining package as well as park tickets. We did extend the trip to 9 days and eight nights. We also added the hopper option to the park tickets. We are booked at Pop in a preferred room. It just seemed to good to pass up. And the price still came in under $1,800 :eek:

And I have not told the kids anything about the trip. I am hoping to keep it a secret till hopefully the morning we leave (fingers crossed :pinch:)