My husband’s fraternity has a convention every other year in August. We always go just to vacation with friends. The 2007 convention was supposed to be in New Orleans, but the decision was just made to move it to the WDW hilton. We just got an e-mail with the details as follows:
[I]The Hilton Walt Disney World package includes:
- IMPROVED EARLIER dates of August 8-12 instead of the
late August 22-26 in New Orleans.
- A tremendous discount rate of only $105 for single,
double, triple or quad! (Vs. Hyatt New Orleans rate of
$124 s/d, $134 t/q). For comparison, this $105 flat
rate is $9 less per night than the 2005 rate in
Orlando and $21 less than the quad rate for the 1995
Orlando convention! Including taxes for both cities,
this rate reflects a $38 per night savings from Hyatt
New Orleans—meaning a $190 savings for a 5 night
stay for the average delegate.
- FREE parking vs. $25 in New Orleans—$125 savings
over 5 nights.
- Continuous FREE bus transportation to all Disney
- Discounted park tickets direct from Disney
- Extended park hours for hotel guests
- WALK to Downtown Disney, including Pleasure Island,
House of Blues, Planet Hollywood, Wolfgang Puck’s,
Cirque du Soleil, shops, and much more.
- TWO large resort pools similar to those enjoyed at
the Renaissance SeaWorld at last Congress. [/I]
This makes it sound like it is an official WDW hotel, but I have honestly never heard of it. Is it really considered a WDW hotel for transportation, extended hours etc? Can you do ME and the meal plan staying here? Is this a good rate?