WDW is crazy!

So we were just talking about our time in WDW and I don’t know about you guys but we’ve seen someone we know each time we’ve been.
It was so scary… we were talking about a guy & girl we know who live near us (In Liverpool in England) and we were in Hollywood Studios (turning that corner by Voyage of the LM) and BAM! there they were! :ohmy:
WDW is like a vortex… we’re the other side of the atlantic and there they were on EXACTLY the same day as us! :huh: Extraordinary!!

What’s it like for all you guys living in the US? Do you bump into everybody there too?
Feel free to share your stories guys!! :happy:

Only time was with our DS’s high school band. They were there the same time we were and ds is pretty much friends with all of them, so he enjoyed the parks with the group a lot. In fact, one of the Mom chaperones said “Joey, I didn’t know you were in the band.” His reply…I’m not!

You must have the lucky tinkerbell fairy on your shoulder—we have been quite a few times, but never run into anyone we know. Last visit, we did already know that someone was coming the last day we were there, but no surprises. So far away from home, I bet you really were surprised. :ohmy:

Before I lived in Orlando I went there for spring break. Walking through MK I saw a girl with my with Alpha Sigma Alpha in the front of her shirt. This is my sorority so I thought it was cool, but there are chapters nationally so I didn’t think much of it. Fast forward a few hours- I end up in line for Splash Mtn. right behind her. The name of my teeny tiny private university is on the back of her shirt! Turns out she is actually my big big big big sister- an alumnae I have never met! Weird small world!

We have bumped into guests of ours at Wolfgang Puck’s.

We ran in to friends at the airport coming home from WDW when we were flying out.

I once had to get written permission from my director of special ed to go to WDW since we had so many snow days and lost several of our Spring Break days…fast forward a few days and I look across the parade path and there stands my director, I guess she gave herself special permission too!

We ran into 8 different families that we knew 2 weeks ago at WDW… All different days, and places. It was weird, and fun at the same time…

Besides the MB friends I’ve met at WDW, I’ve also run into my probation officer AND my drug dealer on the same day (That was awkward.). Another time, both my wives passed each other on MainStreet. I had to duck into the nearest door to keep from being recognized with my girlfriend!

Now you see,this is the kinda stuff we have been missing around here. That was hilariuos!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Living in Florida, we usually always bump into someone we know or have at least seen around our neck of the woods… or maybe we just see these people all the time at WDW and they start to look familiar! :laugh:

I never seem to bump into the people I want to bump into though haha!

Have had a close call a few times, seeing people I know who I definatly do not want to be bumping into, it’s amazing how many hiding places you can suddenly find haha!

We only ran into someone once in Gatorland, but not WDW. But, my niece ran into friends on 3 separate vacations when we were all together. It really catches you off guard since you are not used to seeing friends someplace other then their hometowns.p

We have met only one person at WDW that we know in the over 30 trips. When we lived out at Tustin, Ca and went every Sunday to DL we only met a couple of friend there that didn’t go with us.

Hahaha! :laugh:

I saw two girls and a guy who work at my local branch of LLoydsTSB atTyphoon Lagoon, and then the most bizarre, in a DTD store we saw an acquaintance of ours with her family, we stopped and chatted.
The following year walking down 5th Avenue in NYC we walked right into the same acquaintance and her family!A definite Twilight Zone moment.
I’ve seen quite a few people I know in WDW, but it is a very strange feeling, especially if you don’t know them that well at home, you still feel obliged to speak?

We were walking into the first “elevator” in ToT when the girl in front of us turned around and it was one of DD2 classmates, that was pretty weird.

And of course I had this person who will not be named from MB stalk me when I was there one year

ok, it was Cavey stalking me!

-H

[QUOTE=dixie;1106268]I saw two girls and a guy who work at my local branch of LLoydsTSB atTyphoon Lagoon, and then the most bizarre, in a DTD store we saw an acquaintance of ours with her family, we stopped and chatted.
The following year walking down 5th Avenue in NYC we walked right into the same acquaintance and her family!A definite Twilight Zone moment.
I’ve seen quite a few people I know in WDW, but it is a very strange feeling, especially if you don’t know them that well at home, you still feel obliged to speak?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know exactly what you mean!
It’s such a strange feeling! :happy:

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1106275]

And of course I had this person who will not be named from MB stalk me when I was there one year
ok, it was Cavey stalking me!

-H[/QUOTE]

Stalking? That was a prearranged meeting, with my bodyguards present to make sure you didn’t try to touch my person!

Hahaha! I think it’s cute that you guys meet up with each other there! Maybe I should meet up with a MB friend when I go next! :happy:

Um…Harry and I aren’t “cute.” :glare: We’re studly hunks that cause passing women to swoon and passing men to feel inferior!

Check the “Who’s Going to Disney Thread.” http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/mouse-trap/59112-whos-going-disney-thread.html That’s what it’s there for.

Years ago, we had a couple of events called “Cavey-Fests.” The first one had about a dozen MBers at Spoodles. The second one had close to two dozen at 'Ohana. It was a riot (Literally. Swat teams were called in, and there were several arrests.)!