WDW Kennel

Okay, I’ve checked out the online video about the new kennels, but would like some feedback from someone who’s used them. We have two Bearded Colllies (same breed as in Tim Allen version of [I]The Shaggy Dog[/I]). We are trying to decide whether to bring them. We’ll be spending 10 days at BC Villas June 2014. Both dogs (9 & 3) are rescues and have separation (from me) issues. We have a niece who would be a great choice to house-sit and they would probably do fine if left with her, but we don’t know if she’ll be available. My DD, GD & I would drive down ahead of the other 4 in our group, who will fly.
Pros, cons to the kennels?

[QUOTE=phayes93;1134962]Okay, I’ve checked out the online video about the new kennels, but would like some feedback from someone who’s used them. We have two Bearded Colllies (same breed as in Tim Allen version of The Shaggy Dog). We are trying to decide whether to bring them. We’ll be spending 10 days at BC Villas June 2014. Both dogs (9 & 3) are rescues and have separation (from me) issues. We have a niece who would be a great choice to house-sit and they would probably do fine if left with her, but we don’t know if she’ll be available. My DD, GD & I would drive down ahead of the other 4 in our group, who will fly.
Pros, cons to the kennels?[/QUOTE]

The kennels look nice. Well as nice as a kennel can be. They have some packages that look like your furry friends will be super spoiled.

But we have spoiled our girls to a point that we need to have a house sitter. We are lucky in that many times we have had youngest DD(23) able to come over and cover if she is not with us. And if not, we are blessed with having always had a mature kid in the neighborhood to house sit.

If you make time for them every day it should be ok. I know I would need to make 2 trips a day if our labs were there.

The kennels look adorable (love the fire hydrant), but it is a kennel. It might bring back bad memories for your little loves. Your trip is while off - maybe if you’re niece can’t doggy-sit, she has a friend who might. Ask around. Maybe friends can recommend someone. My friend put up a notice at the local high school and found a girl that’s almost become part of their family! Or ask your vet if you can leave a notice with them. Whoever you choose, I’d have them over several times before you leave to introduce them and get the dogs used to them. I know how hard this is. It’s the one part of the trip I always agonize over. We have a 16 year old princess/cat. Even though my dd is staying with her, I still worry - she’s so old and she’s so used to having me with her all the time.:crying:

I have been considering the kennel for my 4 legged child as well. But if you have a good house sitting option, I would always suggest that over a kennel.