WDW Refurb Updates

Great list from http://www.stitchkingdom.com

At the Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace will be closed from January 3 through February 13.

At Epcot, Living with the Land is now scheduled to re-open on October 4, which is several weeks earlier than the original date of November 1. Also, the new exhibit in the Japan pavilion (which was the tin toy museum) is now slated to open on October 16.

At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the Boneyard is now scheduled to be closed October 5 through October 18

Typhoon Lagoon is scheduled to be closed from November 1 through January 9 and Blizzard Beach will then close on January 10 and re-open on March 21.

There are also a couple of changes at the resorts. The Aruba pool at Caribbean Beach Resort will now be closed from October 13 through October 24 and the Computer Pool at Pop Century will now be closed from November 9 through November 20. In addition, the pool slides at Port Orleans will alternate being closed between October 19 and November 20.
More Here!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;994414]Great list from StitchKingdom.com - Disney News

In addition, the pool slides at Port Orleans will alternate being closed between October 19 and November 20.
More Here![/QUOTE]

WHAT??? didn’t know anything about this.
This is one of the reasons we picked POFQ, my DD wanted to do the slide!

CP closing for refurb?
It doesn’t seem that long ago that the last one was done.
I guess with the heavy traffic, it’s already time for fresh paint and new carpet.

I’m glad we walked through the tin toy exhibit earlier this year, although if I didn’t know it was there, I would never have missed it.

[QUOTE=sue299;994428]WHAT??? didn’t know anything about this.
This is one of the reasons we picked POFQ, my DD wanted to do the slide![/QUOTE]

Well it does say alternate, so maybe you will get lucky?

I am a bit bummed about the tin toy museum going away, my boys really enjoyed looking at all of them.

This is one of the reasons we picked POFQ, my DD wanted to do the slide![/QUOTE]

closing alternately. When one is closed, you can use the other. Which is something you can do at these resorts anyway. Hey! maybe I’ll see you there…

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;994414]
Typhoon Lagoon is scheduled to be closed from November 1 through January 9 and Blizzard Beach will then close on January 10 and re-open on March 21.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to comment on this earlier.

This is SOP for the waterparks every winter.
It’s a combination cost cutting move combined with overall park maintenance.
These closings are as expected as the leaves turning in New England in October and the Quebecois invading Hollywood (Fl) in December.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;994471]I forgot to comment on this earlier.

This is SOP for the waterparks every winter.
It’s a combination cost cutting move combined with overall park maintenance.
These closings are as expected as the leaves turning in New England in October and the Quebecois invading Hollywood (Fl) in December.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but isn’t just one or the other each year . . . this time it’s one opens the other closes??

Wait! This says slides (s) POFQ ONLY has one the Serpent slide, and I know that was just closed for refurb last Jan (DDs birthday trip) Port Orleans has two slides . . . so MAYBE this is Port Orleans Riverside and not FQ at all??

I’ll clarify with Stitch Kingdom