WDW Schedules Christmas Day Parade Taping

Saw this on Magicalmountain.net

Disney News - Walt Disney World Resort Schedules Christmas Day Parade Taping - Magical Mountain

Preparation is underway for the Walt Disney World Resort Christmas Day parade. Taping is scheduled for November 29 and Dec. 6 in the Magic Kingdom park. Stages will be set up at Cinderella’s Castle, where the musical guests will be performing, and at the train station, where the celebrity hosts will be.

There are not any reports as to who will be performing in Orlando, but the Jonas Brothers taped their spot in Disneyland in California. Troubles did arise, however, during the filming of their spot, when an electrical fire broke out. No injuries were reported due the fire.

The parade, produced by Lightship Entertainment, airs on Christmas Day on ABC.

Wow. That’s a new one on me. 2 different weekends. Makes sense though. Oh well, rehearsals for the filming drop this weekend. We’ll see!

We’ll be at Epcot on the 29th…a shame! Woulda been cool to be there!

For those of you worried about a crowded filming day…forget it.

Turns out the ONLY things they’re gonna film this year are the performing acts at the stages. All of the parade route footage is going to be stock footage from LAST YEAR’S PARADE filming. No wonder they’re only filming on the 6th of December. Needless to say we in entertainment are a little cheesed at this.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;908449]For those of you worried about a crowded filming day…forget it.

Turns out the ONLY things they’re gonna film this year are the performing acts at the stages. All of the parade route footage is going to be stock footage from LAST YEAR’S PARADE filming. No wonder they’re only filming on the 6th of December. Needless to say we in entertainment are a little cheesed at this.[/QUOTE]
So if I understand what your saying - We will see last years parade but new musical guests

Bingo. :mad:

Oh that’s just wrong

wow… just… wow. :huh::blink:

i cannot believe Disney would pull such a stunt!!!
makes me not want to watch…even though I will.:angry:

It’s OFFICIAL now - EVERYBODY is cutting back. :glare:

Rowdy, does this mean no taping today? (Nov 29). My sister is at WDW and hasn’t headed to the parks yet. Just wondering if she should avoid MK today - other than for the obvious reasons of huge crowds on the holiday weekend and the Saturday thing.

Park wasn’t overly crowded today. Busy but not insane. No there’s only one day of filming. The 6th. And as stated there’s not much going to be filmed because they’re using 80% of the film from last year. Those who will be there on the 6th be advised DDCT will be at 5pm that day to compensate for the filming at the stage.